Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A trio of songs for consideration
A trio of songs for consideration
A few songs I came across online.  From the scooby doo cartoons there are 2 Hex Girl songs (one video with cartoon footage for both songs, and individual lyric videos)  that would appear to be mind changing songs

I'm an Hex Girl is either a Mind control song or a simulacrum of the singers (although I can't imagine the latter being very useful).
Earth, Wind, Fire and Air has a few lines that suggest elemental powers, but my first thought is another mind changing spell.  I would have the people who hear the song ignore/forget their current plans and instead focus on an environmental issue for a couple of issues.  It could be useful if an evil event just has to be completed at the precise time and you can distract everyone for a precious minute or so.
Finally Maybe Tommorrow (Theme from Littlest Hobo) by Terry Bush 
I see as a type of Meta Song allowing someone to follow Doug through the portal for a single step before returning to their own world.  I have also wondered if it could be a gate song with all the traveling references and I could imagine it making a decent Drunkard's Walk theme song or AMV.
Mark

I can see Maybe Tomorrow as Eimi's theme, not Doug's - she's traveling the worlds willingly.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

That's a good point.  I had forgotten about Eimi to be honest.
On the subject of forgetting things, I knew it should have been a quartet of songs but I gave up on remembering the final entry.
I would use Shattered Glass by Laura Branigan to be a bad luck curse ("And everything you hold Just falls apart like shattered glass").

Lyrics are here http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/laurabra ... glass.html
Mark

skyfire2020 Wrote:That's a good point.  I had forgotten about Eimi to be honest.
Don't worry - you aren't the only one.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012