Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some times you need a Tank.
Some times you need a Tank.
I do not know if Doug's Meta responds well to Karoke, but it shouldn't be hard to produce this.
'Little Maus Two' - By Simon Leo Barber (From 'Eldritch Hop' set in the Tohoe Storyline)Sung to - Little Deuce Coup

"Now, I'm not braggin', babe, so don't put me down    But I've got the hottest set of tracks in town    When some tank face off with me, I don't even try    'Cause unless he's got Chobham Plate, he's gonna DIE    She's my Little Maus Two - you don't know what I got !
    Got electromag transmission and a whole lot more    Yard of armour on the glacis and a foot on the floor    Well, she sprints like a greyhound at a hundred tonnes    Got the eighty-eight as spotter for the Naval Gun    She's my Little Maus Two- you don't know what I got !
    Then we're coming off the line when the lights turn green    Faster up through twenty gears than a tank's ever been    Now the Tortoise is light, his tracks are startin' to spin    But my Porsche-built suspension's really diggin' in    She's my Little Maus Two - you don't know what I got !
    Hitting twenty-second gear, I've got my paw to the floor    Pushing three miles an hour, hear those Maybachs roar    The Tortoise running second, 'cause it's understood    I got a twelve-pack of diesels sittin' under my hood    She's my Little Maus Two - you don't know what I got !"

Heh.

Look, if it's a vocal plus music, it'll qualify. Might not always do something, but it'll get processed. Just because it's not a pro musician recording in a studio doesn't matter.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

It's known that the same song done by different musicians act differently, usually in minor ways.

How would that interact with karaoke? And how much of a problem are karaoke nights at the Warrior's home base?

I don't think it'll matter at all.  I mean, I never explicitly thought of a karaoke case when designing Doug's power, but gods know there are any number of folk songs out there that share the same tune but have radically different lyrics.   Case in point -- these two songs:

(It's uncredited on the video, but that's the Chad Mitchell Trio singing "Super Skier".)

The fact that the music is all but identical between them is irrelevant -- it's just a "carrier", if you will, to feed the lyrics to Doug's gift.  And I've always noted that it's the lyrics, not the music, which governs at least the "domain" of the power set that results -- although different performances of the same lyrics can result in different subsets of that domain.  To continue the above examples in a rather tongue-in-cheek manner, the first song would grant some manner of subway powers, while the second would be skiing, winter or general idiocy.
-- Bob
---------

I recall hearing a version that would give possible "unluck AOE" powers....

I was comming down the mountain doing 90 miles an hour when the chain on my bicycle broke!
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Sounds a little like Arlo Guthrie's "Motorcycle Song"...
-- Bob
---------

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Sounds a little like Arlo Guthrie's "Motorcycle Song"...
"I was goin' 150 miles an hour sideways and 500 feet down at the same time. I knew it was the end. I looked down, I said 'Wow! Some trip.'"

90 isn't fast enough.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012