Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those crazy end of the world bringers....
Those crazy end of the world bringers....
I picked up a copy of Matthew Reilly's latest 'The Six Sacred Stones' (an advantage of living in said authors home country) and I finished reading it not that long ago too.
Well, I noticed something in part of that books' plot points that might apply to WW-Earth aka Doug's home stomping grounds. What it was could be used as a reasoning for why WW-Earth's Japan is so Xenophobic, being that they're the last bastion of the first evolution of mankind. You'll be correct, if your thinking of The Ancients from SG1, for it's a similar basis just without the glowing squid-like mental energy evolution.
Where am I going with this and how does it relate to the thread subject. Why it's quite simple: superpowers + WW2 + cult of aggrieved xenophobic nationalists, mix with a healthy dash of "If we can't rule the world, no one can!" equals typical super villain behaviour, no?
Cause this all just third-party speculation produced from my odd logic. Still it'd be interesting to see Doug's reaction when he reads a book like this, whilst on his Walk, especially if parses with a WWEarth event.
--Rod.H (who's waiting for the Flash Gordon TV pilot to dl'd)
Re: Those crazy end of the world bringers....
Hm. I'm going to have to read that and see what you're describing. Sounds interesting, though.-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.