Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Sailor Moon" Step On Hold
"Sailor Moon" Step On Hold
With the recent announcement by Naoko Takeuchi of a new, live action Sailor Moon TV series in Japan (to premiere in October), It's obvious that this is once again a live franchise. I still plan on doing the Step -- it's not been abandoned -- I'm merely lowering its priority dramatically. Fortunately, the nature of the framing device I'm using for the story allows me to release it just about anywhere in the Walk.
My apologies to anyone who was holding their breath for this one.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Hee...
The page you linked to there formats wierd on my screen, so it looks like Serena is a triclops. Heheheh... 3x3 Moon! With Tuxedo Wu!
- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Re: Hee...
What browser are you using, CD? She comes in fair enough for me on IE and Mozilla...

-- Bob
---------
Remember, We Did It First And Worst!
Hey, Offsides! You said this weekend you knew where online I could find the absolutely horrendous Saban attempt at a live-action Sailor Moon. Wanna share with the whole board? Or send it to me in email?

-- Bob
---------
Re: Remember, We Did It First And Worst!
You asked for it - I take no responsibility for broken computer equipment, therapy bills, etc. associated with viewing this Smile Go to www.toonamiarsenal.com/ - it's in the downloads section under (what else) Sailor Moon. Just look for "The Saban Nightmare". Be warned, it's a 14MB download, but this one has commentary from someone who worked on it as well as the "trailer" being bootlegged at some convention...
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Quote:
Just look for "The Saban Nightmare".
Dear gods, that was... monumentally awful. I'm not even sharing that with Peggy; it gets wiped off my hard drive immediately.

-- Bob
---------
You asked for it... (please note, I said that out loud before your reply had even loaded - I knew what was coming Smile
Personally I'm holding on to it, just in case I have a need to violate the Geneva Convention in ways that won't get the UN pissed at me Smile
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Oh, I knew it had to be bad. But sometimes bad is enjoyable, like Plan Nine From Outer Space.
This was bad in the way of "kill it, before it breeds".
By the way, when I told Peggy I wasn't even letting her see it, she wasn't at all distressed.

-- Bob
---------
Re: "Sailor Moon" Step On Hold
It's now 'dead' again. ^_^
BTW Bob, Naoko Takeuchi is a lot like Piers Anthony when it comes to fanfics, fanart, and the like. She enjoys people making fanfics and fanart of her characters. The Sailor Moon hentai doujinshi market has got to be one of the bigger bits of fanworks and she has not made a single move to squelch it.
People have actually sent her fancomics, fanart, and fanfics of Sailor Moon as gifts.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
well curiousity killed the cat they say... in this case I find it hard to believe something like that was ever considered until the trailers were produced...
thank the goddesses it didn't go any further >_<
Quote:
in this case I find it hard to believe something like that was ever considered until the trailers were produced
For a moment I was wondering what you were talking about, then I realized that this was the thread (or one of them) with the link to the Saban nightmare on it.

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."
There's more about Saban Moon than just that trailer. There IS an actual piolt episode somewhere in Saban's vaults. Maybe there's even 13 episodes in a can(minimum required for a weekly series at one time) stowed away.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
eek. eeeeeeeeek! or maybe it got mysteriously "lost" o.o
yes... lost. for the greater good._____________________________
JAYNE: "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here!"