Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Bit of Warriors History
Re: Superhero anime
Quote:
Then, there is the question as to whether 2000 AD exists in WW, as that is just about the only "boys" comic left in the UK, with Eagle and it's star Dan Dare, long gone, with his Britain in space semi-utopian world
Actually, I think that I can say that the American equivalent of 2000 AD is 2000 AD. Those of us who are interested in that level of fiction generally spring for it. Unfortunately it's a weekly that runs about $4 American per issue. Expensive.
Although a cae could be made for anything written by Bendis ("Powers"), Busiek ("Astro City," "Arrowsmith"), or Winick ("Exiles," "Outsiders"). Good writing in those.
Those who like superhero fiction may want to check out Path of the Just, by Guardians of Order. It's a collection of short stories based off of their Silver Age Sentinels RPG. Writers include Ed Greenwood and John Ostrander. Not a bad collection, in my opinion, but it does help if you know the SAS game world.
Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Re: Comics in WW
More Significantly, Comics in teh warriors world, often feature real people and present some sort of agenda: far too many of them end up as little Chick tracts, urging that warriors adopts someones pet cause of the week. Like we've nothing better to do than solve the spay/neiter problem.
Skitz