Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"What's next?"
"What's next?"
Just like this subject says.
Are you going to follow up on your plan to go straight to DW5, as you said you would in the Kodocha thread or, because AMG *might* (and I rather doubt it) be still continuing, are you moving on to the Eva walk?
-murmur
Re: "What's next?"
I would certainly be willing to read an AMG/OMB DW Step next...
I have a personal preferance for anime and fanfic with high tech, or (non-horror) supernatural elements, or robots, or martial arts, or star ships, or ... Humour is a definate plus, but I don't think it makes a good anime on its own.
Or, preferably several of the above!
Not sure what Doug would do in a tennis or baseball anime... Or even one with deranged hamsters...
Anything with Doug in it probably counts as "several of the above". [grin]
But, I suspect a major consideration is what Bob's muse is whispering in his ear. [grin]
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind
Bob's lucky, my muse is stuck on 'wipe them out, all of them'
she sure does a good Darth Sidious voice.
[Image: kokbanner.jpg]
--- Kokuten Daysleeper, Retired Epicced Officered DorfWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
> Bob's lucky, my muse is stuck on 'wipe them out, all of them'
Maybe you should see where you get with that idea, though preferably in way that does not involve automatic weapons in a public place...
Maybe you are supposed to get into a "Bloodbowl" tournament? [grin]
Trollball???
> she sure does a good Darth Sidious voice.
Yes, I must get around to seeing "Star Wars II"... And Daredevil, Spiderman, the Hulk, LXG, and I suppose Matrix 3... Ah well, if I wait long enough they will appear on TV! [grin]
My muse is currently more inclined towards "Maybe a nap might be a good idea", or "Sure, another 5hrs work on the background of that Amber character would be worth it!". Whereas I hope that musing will turn into good programming, preferably of a money-making variety, or get me into drawing again, or learning more about computers, or philosophy, or a new RPG campaign, or ...
Maybe my muse is just over-worked! [grin]
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind
Quote:
Maybe you should see where you get with that idea, though preferably in way that does not involve automatic weapons in a public place...
Maybe you are supposed to get into a "Bloodbowl" tournament? [grin]
Trollball???
Or Orcball...
"Good news is, you're in the game. Bad news is, you're the ball." Decapitation ensuses. "GAME ON!"
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Quote:Are you going to follow up on your plan to go straight to DW5, as you said you would in the Kodocha thread or, because AMG *might* (and I rather doubt it) be still continuing, are you moving on to the Eva walk?
You don't have to take the continued publication of AMG on faith. Just pick up the current "Afternoon" for the latest chapter at the japanese bookstore of your choice. Or visit Amazon.co.jp who have the latest Tankoban listed as having been published three days ago. (ISBN: 4063211541)
As for future installments: variety is the spice of life. With BGC we had one adventure full of explosions and cyberpunk and life-and-death stuff. A bit of Shoujo might balance that quite nicely.
I agree that DW probably won't mix very well with all types of Manga/Anime (What would Doug do in 'Hikaru No Go' for example), but I think that the range of genres that would work is far greater than just SciFi/Fantasy stuff.
Things like Doug as an educator in "Great Teacher Sangnoir" or, if there have to be action and explosions, something like "The Gunsmith Cats meet Riding Loon" could also be made to work.
But what I really would like to see at some point would be some sort of Crime/Detective step. "Meitantei Doug" or something like that. There are so many Great Detectives or Phantom Thieves out there, it would be shame if Doug did not run into one on his adventures.
(*&%&#!!
Oh for Fnord's sake!
1) AMG continuing: Who the hoeck cares? DW5 is going to be based in the OMB world, which is based on the OAV series primarily and only uses the manga occasionally (ie when I feel like snatching a storyline from it). The author doesn't give two licks about fanfiction. LEAVE THE DEAD HORSE BE.
2) If Bob is planning on doing DW5 next, I wish he'd tell me so I can get a decent panic going about OMB11. I wanted to have the first series done before we seriously work on DW5.
O_o;--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
www.yggdrasil.org
Quote:
What would Doug do in 'Hikaru No Go' for example
Offhand - and this is just a guess, mind you - I'd say... play Go? And lose badly, probably, unless being an experienced Go player is part of the backstory we've never heard. Somehow, everything always comes down to a hot game of Go in HNG, like everything comes down to a K-Fight in Real Bout High School or everything comes down to a Duel Monsters game in Yu-Gi-Oh. (And gods, did they ever drop the ball on the anime for that, at least in terms of making it exciting. Having the characters fight in explicit turns and rounds, and stopping to exposit on how some obscure rule means they won instead of losing, just does NOT leave me on the edge of my seat. Not unless the remote control is too far away to reach without stretching, anyway.)

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Yu-Gi-Oh
Quote:
everything comes down to a Duel Monsters game in Yu-Gi-Oh. (And gods, did they ever drop the ball on the anime for that, at least in terms of making it exciting. Having the characters fight in explicit turns and rounds, and stopping to exposit on how some obscure rule means they won instead of losing, just does NOT leave me on the edge of my seat. Not unless the remote control is too far away to reach without stretching, anyway.)
Sounds like you would prefer (even if only to the extent of 'this doesn't suck quite as much') the original Yu-Gi-Oh anime series. Not an uncut version of the series we see over here, which is translated fairly accurately so far as I can tell, but the original series which they aren't producing because it's too mature.
In that series the cards only make occasional appearances and there are lots of games involved - some of which are one step removed from russian roulette. There was an episode sumary in the latest Anime Insider, if you're interested.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh
"Translated fairly accurately"?
Err... no.
"some of which are one step removed from russian roulette"
Again, no. They actually did play that at one point.

Edit: Forgot something.-------------------
*No,* Sachiel replied.
*Aww, come on,* I answered.
*Absolutely not,* he insisted.
*What's so bad about my idea?*
*While I have no problem with withdrawing and allowing you to handle the situation, I have... issues with your plan to tell the Lillim that you are the "3.14th Angel, Auwhotda'ell".*
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
Where I'm Going
Unless Sana-chan comes up and hits me with a squeaky idea-mallet, DW5 will be the next Step after I finish DW2. Chris, you needn't panic too greatly about OMG11, though, because it's going to be at least a few months down the road -- say middle Spring -- before chapter 15 is released. At least as far as I can determine (read "guess") at this point.
For those wondering, DW4 is currently intended to be the Buckaroo Banzai Step, but once again, inspiration is sadly lacking, and that Step is on hold until it ceases to lack. (And until I can reread the novel and get a sense of the flavor once more.)

-- Bob
---------
"Flan on!" -- The battlecry of the Human Dessert
Oh, good...wait.
*Whew* Thanks Bob. I was getting a bit worried there...now I can go back to FFX-2 and KotOR. Big Grin
Re: Buckaroo Banzai
There's a BOOK?! (scurries off to Amazon.ca)
Re: Oh, good...wait.
Quote:
*Whew* Thanks Bob. I was getting a bit worried there...now I can go back to FFX-2 and KotOR. Big Grin
Glad to oblige. I do need to get back to you in email about DW5, but we have no huge rush to do so. I'd like to release the first chapter in about a year, but we need to coordinate our schedules to make sure that would work.
Quote:
Re: Buckaroo Banzai
There's a BOOK?! (scurries off to Amazon.ca)
The author is Earl MacRauch. The book was reprinted in 2001, fortunately. In case you didn't find it on Amazon.ca, it's on the main Amazon site at www.amazon.com/exec/obido...40-2163305
It's a great read, and one of the fun things is that it's written as if it's book 23 of a continuing series, constantly making references to previous volumes that you are presumed to have read already. It's got a unique style that I really want to be able to copy when I get to DW4....

-- Bob
---------
"Flan on!" -- The battlecry of the Human Dessert
Quote:
Sounds like you would prefer (even if only to the extent of 'this doesn't suck quite as much') the original Yu-Gi-Oh anime series. Not an uncut version of the series we see over here, which is translated fairly accurately so far as I can tell, but the original series which they aren't producing because it's too mature.
In that series the cards only make occasional appearances and there are lots of games involved - some of which are one step removed from russian roulette. There was an episode sumary in the latest Anime Insider, if you're interested.
The one that's based directly on the Manga that they're serializing in Shonen Jump right now, Right?
Happened to run across that one during my trip down to see my folks this week past, cause my nephew is big into Yugi, and Duel Monsters. (Its to the point where He, his sisters, and even his mother all have decks of their own! I wound up having to put together a deck from cards he wasn't using, and was actually looking at starting to assemble a deck of my own =o ) I was really surprised at it, since the Manga clearly had a different focus and was in its own way darker than what Cartoon network is showing."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Quote:
It's a great read, and one of the fun things is that it's written as if it's book 23 of a continuing series, constantly making references to previous volumes that you are presumed to have read already. It's got a unique style that I really want to be able to copy when I get to DW4....
According to a fan site that I occasionally frequent, Rauch is working on another tale of Dr. Banzai and the Cavaliers. I await it with much anticipation.
Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Unfortunately, he's been working on it for 18 years now, in several different forms... The new DVD has a completely-CGI promotional video for a BB TV series that never took off, for example. As badly as I want it, I'm not holding my breath.

-- Bob
---------
And all the girlies say I'm pretty dry for a wet guy...