Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wonder....
Names...
What I find disturbing in this discussion is that my actual first name is Ric. And that I've been diagnosed with schizophrenia. Scary....
Re: MPD's
Quote:
Hey, Chris, you want to game with us? You sound like our kind of guy.
While I'd say yes, how the hoeck does THAT work? You know, me living in Canuckia and all.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Quote:
While I'd say yes, how the hoeck does THAT work? You know, me living in Canuckia and all.
Badly, if at all. That was more a tongue-in-cheek appreciation of an awesome and impressively demented roleplaying imagination than a serious invitation -- although if you were conveniently closer it would have been completely serious.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
bob said:
Malkavian, I presume...
thats the thing.... the player has a special fondness of playing Malkavians... but this time... he was playing a rogue Tremere... so the whole coterie thought he was just playing another malkavian because of his domination powers and we all went along with him..... to our dismay later when it was finally revealed what clan he actually belonged to O_o
(the hand puppet was occasionally roleplayed by the GM)
Nasty little mindgame, that... That's one of the weird weakness/strengths of the WOD games and others with similar character creation mechanics (like In Nomine) -- certain stereotypes form because they are convenient to create, or are built into the game. To a bad or indifferent player, it means another cookie-cutter Verbena or Calabite. But to a lazy player it's a useful shortcut, and it's a positive boon to a creative one, who wants to mess with people's heads.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
well it definately fell into the 'playing with your mind bit...'
i hear the player is already constructing his next character and he is tossing ideas back and forth ^^ among the ideas was to play a settite.
which is okay.... the twist is his character is going to be based on Cobra Commander.
Yesss. The one from G.I. Joe. >_
And the real twist, is that he'll be just as competent!

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
I can only wish
<grin>

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
Cobra Commander is competent. He just has bad luck.
He rebuilt Cobra twice.
Brought the world to its knees several times. Mentally wrecked one of the commanders of G.I. Joe(Shipwreck. In Pyramid of Darkness, Shipwreck was the one in charge of GI Joe. Duke, Flint, Lady Jaye, and Scarlett were on a sattelite. After the Synthoid Mara nonsense, Shipwreck went downhill). Designed almost all of the vehicles, robots, and bases himself.

If it wasn't for his bad luck, Cobra Commander would have ruled the world.
Serpentor is incompetent
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
Re: Cobra Commander
I stand corrected. I know him only by (bad) reputation -- as a loser.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
Re: Cobra Commander
Heck, man, the boss snake stayed at large despite the breakup of his organisation into the post-movie Transformers era, 2007ish; though he's only referred to as 'Snake' in the relevant episode Synthoid tech is mentioned as a developement of his former organisation, and he does the first half of the classic 'COBRA!!' battle cry before breaking into a coughing fit. Apparently, the GI Joe movie was not considered canonical :?) and rightly so, as far as I'm concerned. Cobra Commander was also the only bad guy from that ep of TFs to walk away scot free.
Also, the female Space Force officer who shows up in some of the post-movie eps is Duke's daughter - you see him in... I think it's her intro episode, or maybe 'The Burden Hardest To Bear.'
- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows