Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The bike... ohmyGOD... THE BIKE!!!!!
The bike... ohmyGOD... THE BIKE!!!!!
I did NOT realize just how freaking LOUD this thing was!!!

On the second video at (1:53) -- "Why would you put a jet helicopter engine in a motorcycle frame and try to pilot it down the street? And the answer is -
BECAUSE WE CAN!!!"

I like the crazed look in the man's eyes as he says that. Hehehe...

Obviously Doug's bike has an engine that is a LITTLE more purpose built as a bike engine than this. That or he's got the most amazing muffler system of
all time! ^_^;;

<3

I have to admit, though, this does not compare for _visual_ WTFOMG scale with the Tomahawk... But I'll bet it's got more top end.

"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Quote:That or he's got the most amazing muffler system of all time! ^_^;;
Skuld's design (post-DW5) uses a clever system of force fields and baffles, plus a purpose-built system that samples the sound coming out of the turbine and injects its acoustic inversion right into the exhaust stream. Doug's first bike did just the latter with a homebrew bit of electronics that wasn't always up to the task, so where Skuld's design can go full stealth, Doug's always sounded like a distant jet engine.
(Edit)  I should note, btw, that this is far from the first time either the Y2K or the Tomahawk have appeared here.  Early on -- maybe as far back as the HostedScripts version of the forum -- pics and links to video for both were posted here.  In particular, I remember the Jay Leno material on the Y2K.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.