Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe Doug Should Go To Four Wheels...
Maybe Doug Should Go To Four Wheels...
The Bugatti
Veyron Sang Noir.

(Edit: Works better if I spell it right.)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

As much as the image of a Doug/Q-branch like upgrade to the car fascinates me, it's probably a bit big to fit through the portal. And what about the bike?
The thought of him leaving behind a faithful friend of almost a century like that, one assisted in its rebirth by a Goddess of the Future, is not a good one.

Still one can dream...unless Doug also gets a method of carrying things that large around. IS there a shrink/enlarge song in his library? The HP step should at
least have him thinking in this direction, as it'd be very useful. Would Doug ever meet Twister? She's very good at enchantment, and Legion knows
her... (And I'm also considering what sort of wand Doug would have, if he can use one. Ollivander would probably jump for joy at the opportunity if given
it.)

Legion has the tech for such things as well (or at least dimensional pocket tech), but Doug might not get the resources (or time) to make something like that
even if he has plans.

Quote:IS there a shrink/enlarge song in his library?
There are enough different songs titled Larger than Life out there that there's no reason Doug wouldn't have an enlarge song. Shrinking, though... (All I can think of is Steve Martin's routine about how sometimes he likes to get small, but that isn't a song.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

delicious.. Bugatti makes some lovely vehicles.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Quote: Wiredgeek wrote:

delicious.. Bugatti makes some lovely vehicles.

Agreed. There was a reason that, when others were picking their dream cars out of the 'Vettes and Porsches, I was picking Bugattis. Mostly, it was because
I had a model of the Bugatti Royale, but the love grew from there. Beautiful cars.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."