Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warriors

The little flap/flare on the shoulders is odd. I can live with it, but if it's removable, great. Color is lighter than the pants -- is that another sample artifact?

He also wears heavy leather gloves -- almost gauntlets -- in combat, but they're probably inappropriate for this scene.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

It's not an artifact, I think the mat is a lighter shade and I just need to darken it.  It looks the same in engine so I don't see it until it renders.
That "flange" on the shoulder is my current bane.  I'm trying to smooth it out, but its not cooperating.

Huh. I always thought that Doug's LT logo mimicked the Warner Bros. sheild logo seen in Looney Tunes:
[Image: warner-bros-1.jpg]

blackaeronaut Wrote:Huh. I always thought that Doug's LT logo mimicked the Warner Bros. sheild logo seen in Looney Tunes: 
Nah, that would be too easy.  Heck, if I had a mouse here, I could probably modify a WB shield to be LT inside of 10 minutes. 

Here's the updated picture.  I'm going to try working on the logo and his shoulder.
Edit:  Deleted picture link
How's this for a start?
[Image: LooneyToonsLogoA.jpg]

And here's the latest version with the darkened jacket (and the removed jacket texture as it was stretching in ways I couldn't fix) and updated badge.  I'm still trying to fix the shoulder, but it's got more fight in it than I do right now.
Edit: Updated before I went to bed.
Edit 2:  Deleted picture link

Quote:Huh. I always thought that Doug's LT logo mimicked the Warner Bros. sheild logo seen in Looney Tunes:
You're not far off -- my intent was to evoke the feel of the logo without actually copying it. My first designs were a lot closer to the inspiration, but somewhere along the line I got enamored of the pointy-top shield and by the time I had the first drawing made, it had evolved quite a bit away from the WB logo.
Quote:How's this for a start?
Oh yeah, almost exactly right. Make the vertical on the T and the horizontal on the L both thicker and you'll have it right on the money.
Quote:And here's the latest version
And here's me going "oh yeah". I can live with the shoulder thingie if you can.
-- Bob
---------

As hard as I thought the logo was going to be, I figured out a way to cheat to make it significantly less difficult.
Wider.  Okay, like so:
[Image: LooneyToonsLogoA-1.jpg]
I can "live" with it until I figure out how to fix it.  Then I will.  Or if another double-breasted jacket comes out for M4 with the right look and feel.
Here's the final of the previous version:
Edit:  Deleted picture link  

Here's the updated logo on him.  Helmet on table behind them.
I tried moving Rose to be leaning against the bed, but that jacket does not like M4.  The more I tweaked it, the worst it looked.  So, Rose is there to make the jacket work better.  I'm still fighting with it, when I have the energy.
[Image: RoseandDougCj.jpg]

And, because I'm twisted:
[Image: RoseandDougCommentJ.jpg]

Updated Silverbolt with the original face but the newer hair.
Edit:  MonkeyFist wanted to know how many levels of "Hawt" Silverbolt has taken?
[Image: Silverbolt2J.jpg]

Okay, I think you've got Doug pegged right now. Revised logo likewise is fine.

RE: "Hawt" levels: Lots. Peggy's not feeling well right now, so I'll ask her for her opinion on the render later, but I happen to like it.
-- Bob
---------

Here's a very low-sample starter version of Shadowwalker.
What needs to change?  Unfortunatley, they don't make an eyeless mask, so I had to fake one.
E: I took a look at the pictures in the gallery again, and I think this hair might work for Hexe better, but we'll see.
E2: Updated the picture after ~1.3k samples.
E3: Update after ~3.3k samples.  Calling this done until I hear back.

[Image: ShadowwalkerJ.jpg]

Peg's still at work, but until she can see it I'd suggest less rubbery in texture and more fabricky.
ETA:  except the boots, which are leather and look okay as they are, although I don't know how thrilled she'll be about the straps and buckles.  Are there any pirate-style thigh boots out there?  They might be close enough, especially if they do the fold-over thing at the top.
-- Bob
---------

Yarrr... do ye want them http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/v4-b ... ta=rq&_m=d]below th' knee or http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails/?item=6869]above th' knee? Or perhaps ye be wanting them http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails/?item=10776]without th' rolled top at all.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Nobody move. I dropped a contact.
Folded top, I'm 99% sure.
Heh.  I went looking because, well, no I didn't have any thigh-high pirate boots.  But, like Rob, I also found the Hi-Fantasy Pirate Outfit.  And, it's on sale for Platinum Club members, so I wound up paying just shy of $5 for it.  (I also found these boots, which are awesome, but not right.)
Thank you, Platinum Club.
I'm deleting the heels from the boots for the image.  I'm having a very difficult time making the bodysuit matte, but still having enough contrast to actually show details.
Very low-sample starting place:
E2: Updated Image after a little bit.
[Image: Shadowwalker2J-1.jpg]

Peggy's on her laptop looking at both images right now, trying to form an opinion. I'll let you know what she thinks when she decides on it.

Oh, and she approves of the final Silverbolt pic.

Do you mind if I put these on the DW Gallery page?
-- Bob
---------

Cool.  Just let me know.
Please, feel free to post them where you want them.  As soon as she decides what needs to change on Shadowwalker, I can make changes or post a higher-sample version for you.

I got talking with MonkeyFist and we agreed that Rose's outfit wasn't really conducive to investigations.  It's what she wears on a regular basis, but she's way too smart to dress like that during investigations.  Especially in a decrepit mental hospital with Cthulhuian grafitti on the wall.  Also, I'm pretty sure Doug would not want to show Maggie a picture of him standing in a place like that with a half-naked seventeen-year-old girl.  Plus, this answers my sister's most common criticism:  "She needs pants."  (Which is why I said that earlier about Doug.)
[Image: RoseandDougDJ.jpg]

Quote:Also, I'm pretty sure Doug would not want to show Maggie a picture of him standing in a place like that with a half-naked seventeen-year-old girl.
Too late. Peggy quizzed me thoroughly when she saw it.
-- Bob
---------

Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Quote:Also, I'm pretty sure Doug would not want to show Maggie a picture of him standing in a place like that with a half-naked seventeen-year-old girl.
I was just wondering why they were posing for a picture in a decrepit decrepit mental hospital with Cthulhuian grafitti on the wall. It doesn't strike me as the wisest choice for a memento. Especially since such inscriptions as the ones on the wall have a tendency to carry some of their power over into copies.

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Ah, but a point could be made that all the Lovecraftian "random keyboard strokes" in the fiction was edited by someone who still had enough sanity to make "In strange eons, even death may die" into "In mollified bakeries, cultists want pie."
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Foxboy Wrote:Ah, but a point could be made that all the Lovecraftian "random keyboard strokes" in the fiction was edited by someone who still had enough sanity to make "In strange eons, even death may die" into "In mollified bakeries, cultists want pie."
I think, in the case of sanity-bending, non-Euclidian horrors from beyond space and time, one should err on the side of caution, pies or no pies.

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Oh, got some feedback from Peg. Although she understands that the figure is based on a standardized realistic human shape, she thinks the head looks too big. (Maybe it's an effect of creating the cowl?) She did like the hair and the pose.

And she said something about the boots, which I didn't understand on several levels, so let's just skip over that until I can get a clarification.
-- Bob
---------

Quote:Ebony wrote:

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:

I was just wondering why they were posing for a picture in a decrepit decrepit mental hospital with Cthulhuian grafitti on the wall. It doesn't strike me as the wisest choice for a memento. Especially since such inscriptions as the ones on the wall have a tendency to carry some of their power over into copies.

Quote:Foxboy wrote:

Ah, but a point could be made that all the Lovecraftian "random keyboard strokes" in the fiction was edited by someone who still had enough sanity to make "In strange eons, even death may die" into "In mollified bakeries, cultists want pie."
I think, in the case of sanity-bending, non-Euclidian horrors from beyond space and time, one should err on the side of caution, pies or no pies. 
For the type of people that Doug and this Rose are . . . "non-Euclidian horrors from beyond space and time," and related grafitti is just a memento.  More questions will be asked, of Doug, about the pretty seventeen-year-old than the grafitti in the background.  Especially in her everyday costume (the fetish Catholic school girl).  He'll find it easier to answer questions about the non-Euclidian horrors though, than about that Rose.  I keep leaving clues about this Rose in the picture.  In fact, the artwork on her t-shirt is a dead giveaway, if you could find it (and it shouldn't be hard) and see what's concealed on the right side, covered by the flap of her jacket.  Rose, sometimes, has a twisted sense of humor.
And, Foxboy, I'm stealing that line about cultists wanting pie.
Pic after 5k samples:
[Image: RoseandDougDJ-1.jpg]

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:

Oh, got some feedback from Peg. Although she understands that the figure is based on a standardized realistic human shape, she thinks the head looks too big. (Maybe it's an effect of creating the cowl?) She did like the hair and the pose.
And she said something about the boots, which I didn't understand on several levels, so let's just skip over that until I can get a clarification.
Okay, I can shrink the head, no problem.  I'll even try to do it in such a way that it doesn't make her look like a pin-head ;-).  I'm sure part of the boots is that they look like leggings and pumps.  I can't fix that, though I wish I could.