Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mary Melodies

Heh. Nice. That'll give someone for Mary to talk to when she knows that she's out of her depth.

... Only comment I can think of at the moment is that this requires them to have crossed paths prior to that point in their various walks. And that is a story that probobly should be seen rather than told.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Doug and Mary wake up, seeing each other eye to eye. Cue retardedly exaggerated OMGWTFBBQ reactions in 3... 2... 1...

Simultaneous:

Doug: M-Mom?

Mary: D-Dad?
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Foxboy Wrote:Simultaneous:

Cue SECOND retardedly exaggerated OMGWTFBBQ reaction in 3-2-1...  Wink

Foxboy Wrote:Simultaneous:
Cue turning toward camera, slapping face and screaming a-la Home Alone.

Mark Skarr Wrote:
Quote:Foxboy wrote:

Simultaneous:
Cue turning toward camera, slapping face and screaming a-la Home Alone.

No, I think it would be more a synchronized facepalm as they both utter: "Great, I'm in a sitcom." They seem a bit genre savvy for the standard reaction, once they're awake.

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Ebony Wrote:No, I think it would be more a synchronized facepalm as they both utter: "Great, I'm in a sitcom." They seem a bit genre savvy for the standard reaction, once they're awake.

I was going with a bit more of the "just-woke-up-what-the-hell" reaction than the "I've-had-two-seconds-to-rub-my-thoughts-together" reaction.
The other one is:
Scream at each other
Face the camera and scream again
Face each other and scream a third time
"Well, that was useless."

Somehow, one of them imitating the Tenth Doctor wouldn't surprise me.

"what"

"What."

"WHAT?!"
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

I got working on a picture, to show that I do actually know what a female Parkour should look like, and then it struck me.
After I recovered, I had the idea that she might make a good start for Mary.  If we felt that a picture of Mary would be relevant.
[Image: Heidi01J.jpg]
By the way, I'm still looking for 'it,' if anyone sees it, berate it for striking me.

Is that supposed to be 'Polykev' she's wearing? cause it seems more like plastic than a fabric

NO QUARTER!!!

Mark Skarr Wrote:By the way, I'm still looking for 'it,' if anyone sees it, berate it for striking me.
"I was in the park, watching the kids play Frisbee®, and I wondered why things look bigger when they get closer. Then it hit me."

Abrupt shift of gears (ah, man, popped the clutch again!): Puella Magi Mary Magica, anyone?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Star Ranger4 Wrote:Is that supposed to be 'Polykev' she's wearing? cause it seems more like plastic than a fabric
No, that's supposed to look like spandex.  Again, this wasn't an attempt at Mary, it was an attempt at someone else, who might be a good start for Mary.  If a picture of Mary is actually needed or desired.

Mark Skarr Wrote:If a picture of Mary is actually needed or desired.
Well, Bob does have a http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/dwgallry.shtml]gallery for DW fanart... I suspect "Looney Toons vs. Mary Melodies" would probably be welcome there, and for that we'd need an image of Mary.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:I suspect "Looney Toons vs. Mary Melodies" would probably be welcome there
Yes, it would, indeed.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Well, here's a start for Mary.  I went with brown to differentiate her from Doug in grey.
[Image: Mary01J.jpg]

Huh. Not at all what I expected, but I like it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I personally think the material reflectivity needs to be turned down a bit more, it still looks more plastic than anything else.

NO QUARTER!!!

LT: So, any reason you're rocking the fetish gear, "Sis?"

MM: Please, Mister 63! The reason I wear the skintight is because I make it look GOOD.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

This would have been posted a bit ago, but my cat decided that she was going to be loved on NOW!
So, less reflection.
[Image: Mary02J.jpg]

Two words: utility belt.
She's gotta have someplace to put her keys, lockpicks, breath mints, etc.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Eb prolly has a point bout the utility belt. But with the reflectivity turned down it looks darn good to me. Bob?

NO QUARTER!!!

And now: a snake with a goiter.  Wait, that's not what I'm working on . . ..  Oh, yeah!
And now:  With a belt:
[Image: Mary01J-1.jpg]

Y'know, I can't believe I'm saying this to the Forum Pervert, but as a gender-flipped version of Doug I always saw Mary as more developed if you get my meaning. Unless the whole 'Evil Counterpart' thing knocks her appearance score down a bit.

Cobalt Greywalker Wrote:Y'know, I can't believe I'm saying this to the Forum Pervert, but as a gender-flipped version of Doug I always saw Mary as more developed if you get my meaning. Unless the whole 'Evil Counterpart' thing knocks her appearance score down a bit.
Well, the character that I used as a base was an example of a fit woman.  So, her breasts, naturally, were smaller.  If we want her to be a bit more top-heavy, I can certainly grab the digital silicone.
I did fight the urge to slightly increase her breast size for every picture until someone finally noticed . . ..