Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mary Melodies

I think she's looking good so far, but let's make the experiment.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Mark Skarr Wrote:I did fight the urge to slightly increase her breast size for every picture until someone finally noticed . . ..
At which point I would have said, "Hey, put those back where they were!" Not every female metahuman has to have the Most Common Superpower, after all.

(Then again, my fansite is http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/meganekko/index.html]Ah! Megane-sama, not http://eyevocal.ottawa-anime.org/beingu ... index.html]Being Upfront.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I'm a believer in "fitness and attitude" over "what ALL the new heroines are wearing" for Mary.

Though of course, I'm sure she's had moments where she used "(She's a) Brick House" or "Bra Size 45" as power songs...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Which begs the question, of course, of what those songs do to Doug.

Considering *his* subconscious is vastly different from *hers*?

Probably not what you're thinking.

Quote:Proginoskes wrote:

Which begs the question, of course, of what those songs do to Doug.
I'm betting they get a chuckle, and that's about it.
Mary's upgraded assets.
[Image: Mary03J.jpg]

*ponders*

those work. Large enough that you clearly notice them, without being redonkulous
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Star Ranger4 Wrote:*ponders*
those work. Large enough that you clearly notice them, without being redonkulous
I almost went for watermellons, but figured, if I did that, I'd do it as a joke, later.
And, honestly, even as a pervert, breasts have never been my thing.  I like them to be of a reasonable size.  I'm much more a leg man, myself.

Mark Skarr Wrote:
Star Ranger4 Wrote:*ponders*
I almost went for watermellons, but figured, if I did that, I'd do it as a joke, later.
And, honestly, even as a pervert, breasts have never been my thing.  I like them to be of a reasonable size.  I'm much more a leg man, myself.

While the previous arrangements were OK, she now looks more balanced in my not so honest opinion. Maybe it was just me, but Californian Blonde always seemed to me to be a bit more...well, eye-catching to put it simply. I blame too many TV shows and movies.

She was the big economy size, her boswams were gigantic
Like two fat little boys, wrestling under a blanket
[Image: Mary45J.jpg]
Just a quick render as a joke.  The real picture is up at #55.

I think we can stay with the image in 55, and away from the Ivor Bigguns quotes...

I actually like the one in 55. As Ranger noted, big enough but not too big.
-- Bob
---------

So, the breast issue has been put to bed.  Any other changes before I start doing something silly with her?

Mm. Let me think on it.
-- Bob
---------

All righty, just keep my apprised.  I'm going to be off Graves now, so I'll have more time for playing L4D2 with Kromm, and that'll let me respond to things before the next day.

Life is so much easier when one is unemployed; there always seems to be time to do everything you need/want. Case in point, getting new material like Mary here on my website. Anyway, I was just thinking about the blurb I'd put on the gallery page for her:
Quote:And now for something completely different... Doug's funhouse-mirror counterpart from an Earth both very like and very unlike Warriors' World: Mary Sue Sangnoir, aka "Mary Melodies". Presumably she's married to Michael "Shadowman" Viel and trying her best to get back to him...
-- Bob
---------

A thought just occurred to me. We know that the Three are the ones that set Doug on his long walk home. But who was it that sent Mary on her way? My thought is whatever the oversoul for Loki or Discord might be called. A singular chaos god would be a decent counterpoint to the trinity of the Fates, and instead of having some purpose to wherever she's being sent to, like Doug has, she's being sent to wherever the being pulling her strings thinks is funniest at the moment.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Toltiir.
-- Bob
---------

Ebony Wrote:
Mark Skarr Wrote:
Quote:Foxboy wrote:
Simultaneous:
Doug: M-Mom?
Mary: D-Dad?
Cue turning toward camera, slapping face and screaming a-la Home Alone.

No, I think it would be more a synchronized facepalm as they both utter: "Great, I'm in a sitcom." They seem a bit genre savvy for the standard reaction, once they're awake.

I know this was posted four months ago.

I know we've discussed other things since then.

But I just came up with the perfect name for this Stagger/Saunter, if anyone wants to write it:

There's Something About Doug
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:I know this was posted four months ago.
I know we've discussed other
things since then.
But I just came up with the perfect name for this
Stagger/Saunter, if anyone wants to write it:
There's Something About Doug

Drunkard's Samba?  8)

Timote Wrote:
Quote:I know this was posted four months ago.
I know we've discussed other
things since then.
But I just came up with the perfect name for this
Stagger/Saunter, if anyone wants to write it:
There's Something About Doug

Drunkard's Samba?  8)

Drunkards' Tango. Because it takes two.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."