Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Doug Question
A Doug Question
How fast can Doug fly? Are we talking up to Mach 20? How fast can he move? Fast enough to leave an after image?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Depends on the song he uses. The Tenchi theme song is supposed to allow casual interplanetary travel speeds at minimum, so...

Depends on whether he's in atmosphere or not. V&V flight rules say that if you can make at least Mach 1 in atmosphere, then when you get out of the atmosphere you can "shift gears" and the Mach number becomes a multiplier of c instead. So, with "I'm a Pioneer", he goes Mach 6 in atmosphere, and 6c in space. As Doug notes, though, 6c for 3 or 4 minutes isn't very useful.

As far as Doug's absolute top speed, well, I've been using the Mach 6 from "I'm a Pioneer" as the top atmospheric speed for him regardless of the song, to keep my mental bookkeeping simple.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Depends on whether he's in atmosphere or not. V&V flight rules say that if you can make at least Mach 1 in atmosphere, then when you get out of the atmosphere you can "shift gears" and the Mach number becomes a multiplier of c instead. So, with "I'm a Pioneer", he goes Mach 6 in atmosphere, and 6c in space. As Doug notes, though, 6c for 3 or 4 minutes isn't very useful.
It's enough to get to Luna, drop off an instrument package, and come back... NASA would love this song.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Real world, maybe, but Warriors' World has a more advanced space program along with everything else. And it'd probably take too much effort to prove he could do it in those worlds on the Walk where they could make use of it.
-- Bob
---------

At 6c that's a round trip to the Sun, so most of the inner Sol system would be open to him, including Mars.

The thing he's mainly concerned about is being stranded somewhere inhospitable when the song runs out.
-- Bob
---------

That's a problem, true, but give him a survival suit and he makes for one excellent fast responder for when there's trouble at one base or another.

This is true.
-- Bob
---------

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Depends on whether he's in atmosphere or not. V&V flight rules say that if you can make at least Mach 1 in atmosphere, then when you get out of the atmosphere you can "shift gears" and the Mach number becomes a multiplier of c instead. So, with "I'm a Pioneer", he goes Mach 6 in atmosphere, and 6c in space. As Doug notes, though, 6c for 3 or 4 minutes isn't very useful.

As far as Doug's absolute top speed, well, I've been using the Mach 6 from "I'm a Pioneer" as the top atmospheric speed for him regardless of the song, to keep my mental bookkeeping simple.
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu'sKuro-sensei has supposedly can fly at Mach 20. They don't state whether in athmo or not, but he has been known to take in a Yankee baseball game after teaching his class in Japan.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell