Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROTFL: The comeback

Quote:The Clancy/BT crossover is Big Dang Fun too, but it looks like the update rate is slow.
Slow? I read the entire thing as it existed at the time on Saturday night after getting home from LBI, and the next afternoon, there were four or five more posts in the thread.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

It may be that the "Story-only" post is taking a bit to get snippets from the main vetted for the thread.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

I was referring to the "story-only thread." At least one more installment had been added when I checked this afternoon, as well.

ETA: And another one since then.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

This isn't quite fanfic, but I think it's close enough.

From the Let's Play of Onimusha 3: Demon Siege (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... id=3069271):

Nobunaga: "I'm going to mount your head on my wall."

Samanosuke: "Your wall is on fire."

Nobunaga: "I've got other walls!"

...this being said as the two fight in a burning temple.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Well, that's.... odd
Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

I was referring to the "story-only thread." At least one more installment had been added when I checked this afternoon, as well.

ETA: And another one since then.
Well, what the heck...??? When I mentioned "slow updates," the most recent update to that thread *I* could see was from back in *May.*
Maybe I had a squirrely refresh? Either way, there's a LOT more there now....
RE: ROTFL: The comeback
There was a comment in a FF2(6) LP at Talking Time that I've got to share:

Quote:I think if anyone sat down to play a game with me and refused to start until I explained what every button did, I'd start making it up.

"Yeah, A jumps, Y attacks, R activates your psychic powers, hit X and L at the same time to turn into a car, and push select to throw a bunny. Yeah, you get to throw all kinds of animals: cats, then dogs, and later elephants and shit."

They probably wouldn't be my friend for long, but it'd be totally worth it.

First, I thought to myself that I wanted to play that game.

Second, I realized that it was a Revolutionary Girl Utena game, and then I really wanted to play it.

-Morgan.
Some people have Worm SIs with phenomenal cosmic power.
My Worm SI is Emma and Madison's therapist.
RE: ROTFL: The comeback
And then there's the latest update to Taylor Varga:

Quote:They both looked at the workbench she was indicating. On it was a nine-foot-long piece of machinery, with an opening about four inches in diameter showing at one end. Danny bent down and peered into the thing, then straightened up again and inspected the exposed and complex workings, which included several pieces made of the superconductor.

“What is it?” he asked.

“It’s a rail gun,” she smiled.

He stared at her, then the machine. “A rail gun?” he echoed, a little weakly. “You mean, something to fire hypersonic projectiles? That sort of rail gun?”

“Well...” Linda also looked at it. “If you turn the power up, it’ll sure make the thing you put in one end come out the other really fucking fast. But that might be dangerous. It’s meant fire metal pins into the ground to hold down railway track. Like a really big nail gun, only electromagnetic.”

“A… rail gun,” Lisa said slowly, then started giggling. “Oh, for gods sake.”
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.