Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Updates Thread
Re: New Updates Thread
Again, I may be the only person around here following it, but the long-running Rescue Rangers fic, Gadget in Chains, has two new chapters since the last time I looked. In fact, it seems to have reached a conclusion, though there may still be an epilog coming.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
Scion of Gryffindor has a new chapter out, wherein Fudge gets his comuppance-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Chris Dee's latest Cat-tales story "Blueprints" has just has its second chapter published.
Quote:
Chris Dee's latest Cat-tales story "Blueprints" has just has its second chapter published.
You know, it was an odd experience going right from "Scion of Gryffindor" chapter 38 (which I saved to disk for later reading) directly to this -- and seeing "Fudge" twice in the first line. Made me wonder if I went to the right fic!
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Luna's Hubby has updated with Chapter 10: Boom
www.fanfiction.net/s/2919503/10/
Re: Re: New Updates Thread
Six shades of spiffy! Carrot posted a Chapter 22 draft of The Dragon and The Ghost!
anifics.com/forums/messag...msg=1177.1
Chapter 13 of A Vow of Serenity is up.
And I've posted myself a FFnet account, and uploaded a few of my drabbles. Try here.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Harry Potter and the Cracked Reservoir Chapter 44
Because nothing is dated on the page, I can't be absolutely sure, but it would appear that the long-dormant Utena fic Archimage got a new chapter today!
-- Bob
---------
Oooh, more Utena fun.
Anyone ever see any of Ma Vie Et Roses past chapter 5?
ObOnTopic: Heir to the Empire 7--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
The Return chapter 14 beta
Shiny Update!
Unfair Warning Chapter Two.
--------------------
Epsilon
'Gundam SEED: Valkyrie's Run' has updated
www.fanfiction.net/s/2657919/14/
edit:
pt5 of 'The Hunt for Harry Potter' is up too.
www.fanfiction.net/s/3032621/5/__________________
I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Sunrise Over Britain, Chapter 18.
-- Bob
---------
www.fanfiction.net/s/2857962/27/
Green Eyes, Brown Coat
*snicker*
When canon makes less sense than a well written fanfic, it doesn't necessarily have to mean much.
When canon makes less sense than _this_ kind of omake ...
www.fanfiction.net/s/2695150/7/
then it's got a problem. But then, we've all known that about EVA. This is just Innortal proving it to us one more time. Hilarious.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Re: *snicker*
From A Different Point of View, Chapter 4 continues Arjen's delightful epic of Dawn Summers' Halloween costume and its consequences.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
And one can't let a Nighthawk Chronicles update go by without reading!--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Legend of Uzumaki Naruto and The Shocker: Legit both have new chapters--
Instead of playing the role of a super hero, one degenerates into a strange bum luring villains to their doom in a trash dumpster. -Statesman
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
Unfair Warning
Unfair Warning chapter three.
EDIT: Having just finished this chapter I think I'll bow out on this one now. I don't know about anyone else, but I think "suddenly having Akane face the consequences of her actions while utterly ignoring all the ridiculously violent stuff everyone else in the series did" treds too close to character bashing for my taste.
---------------
Epsilon
Re: Unfair Warning
Well, he's given her a bit of the fanon berzerk, but even Akane supporters have to admit she's always had a bad temper, and taken as a whole the three fights are a relatively isolated incident that she had to work herself up for. Yes, it does break form the comedic tone of the original, but that's more a starting assumption than a consequence, as far as I can see - basically, the author wanted a serious story and picked Akane as the one who'd brreak the balance. If it was done solely as a way to eliinate her so he could get on with a favored relationship, then I'd call it bashing, but that doesn't seem to be the case to me - not yet any way. I'm not trying to tell you to read it despite not liking it of course, just explaining why I disagree.
- CD thanks his stars again that this is the kind of forum where arguments stay rational... well, as rational as they startSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Re: re:Unfair Warning
Quote:
Yes, it does break form the comedic tone of the original, but that's more a starting assumption than a consequence, as far as I can see - basically, the author wanted a serious story and picked Akane as the one who'd break the balance.
Quite true. In the Battle Dougi arc, Akane let the power go to her head. The tweak here is that she decided to a bit of payback to her rivals. In the original arc, Akane told Ranma she'll never forgive him if he hits her while fighting in the dougi.Kinda makes you wonder if she's afraid of him winning even if she still holds the advantage.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: Cat Tales
Blueprints, Chapter 3 is out.
-- Bob
---------