Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bet, Harry Potter style
The Bet, Harry Potter style
I came across this yesterday, and figured that a few people might be interested. Some folks have, with Gregg Sharp's permission, opened a new Bet for the Harry Potter 'verse.
Details can be found here: Harry Fell Down a Well Yahoo group
-W"Ah, great. More androids." "We're not androids, we're the Knight Sabers!" "Huh. Frederick's of Hollywood has a line of power armor out. Who knew?"Falling out of aeroplanes and hiding out in holes

Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home

Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head

Now everybody dancing the dance of the dead
Re: The Bet, Harry Potter style
Saw that. Am waiting for some interesting fic to come out of it.
--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Please let me know if there are any decent stories in this Bet. I wasn't impressed by any of the fics that came out of the original Bet (including the ones I wrote), so I won't hold my breath...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
I posted a story with a somewhat similar theme to the board.
Of course, I'm trying to screw up Harry's life... along with Sabaku no Gaara's and Ayanami Rei's, not to mention a few others.
Let's see... Gaara grows up as a manga otaku obsessed with the Naruto manga, Rei grows up as a paranoid conspiracy nut (even by Eva standards), and Harry grows up with an ethical code that leaves him equating obliviation and rape... and perfectly willing to kill rapists.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
Quote:
Please let me know if there are any decent stories in this Bet. I wasn't impressed by any of the fics that came out of the original Bet (including the ones I wrote), so I won't hold my breath...
So far it's looking to populate the usual bell-curve.
I loved the original Bet, myself, but after a while I just wanted to see any of those stories get a decent resolution. "Genma Ascendant" managed it, and I thought it was one of the better results, but far too many of the entries left me hungry for more that I would never get.
(Worst of all, of course, is having him stop work on the winner. I've been wanting to read "Featherbrite's Tale" to Peggy for years now, even in its current mid-edit, unfinished state...)-- Bob
---------
I loot faster. -- Peggy Schroeck, D&D game, in response to a crisis situation that arises while she's searching the bodies of four recent opponents.