Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Six Impossible Things award winnner
Six Impossible Things award winnner
the Six Impossible Things Before Breakfast award is one of my longest-running half-serious jokes, it's given to authors of fanfic that just makes my jaw drop for taking an idea I expect only to loathe with the burning passion of a thousand firey suns, something I read for the express purpose of heckling, and making a story that not only doesn't suck, but is actually GOOD. It's been so long since I gave out #1 and #2 that I can't even remember the stories themselves beyond that one was a Power Rangers fic of all things, the other original-flavor Evangelion, and the graphic was lost three or four hard drive failiures ago, but that doesn't detract at all from my pleasure at awarding #3 to EmySabath for her story Time to Spare, which is a post-HBP Harry Potter time travel fic, in which Harry is sent back to the Marauders' days in Hogwarts, with Draco malfoy his only companion and reluctant ally.
The writing is good. The characterization is beleivable. There ar no asinine prank wars. There is neither smug "I know what's coming before it happens" timeline tweaking, nor angsty wailing about changing the futre and how it could cause a paradox. It explains the events of HBP with beleivable motivations that let the author do her own thing with the characters anyway.
EmySabath, I salute you.
- CD
Edit: Holy crap, I found it!
[Image: 6ITBB-3.jpg]SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows