Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fanfiction.net Purge of 2006
Fanfiction.net Purge of 2006
According to a couple of my Yahoo groups, specifically HPOdd, the arseholes who run fanfiction.net have been purging fics hardcore. Be warned.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Re: Fanfiction.net Purge of 2006
Any details about which, who or why?

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
From what I understand, it's merely a backlog of fics that should have been deleted under their other idiotic rules.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
I saw the posts on the great purge. No mention on their entry page of their doing that...FFnet does have some serius customer service issues.
ffnet is idiotic at times with their rules. Which it as far as I can tell over time have been getting downright petty. Looks like ffnet is getting downright bureocratic Also I saw some comments from Ed Becerra in the Xanderzone yahoo newsgroup that they had a tendency to do stuff at the least threat of a lawsuit. Or a cease and desist note.
--Werehawk--
My mom's brief take on upcoming Guatemalan Elections "In last throes of preelection activities. Much loudspeaker vote pleading."
Re: Re: Fanfiction.net Purge of 2006
Quote:
Also I saw some comments from Ed Becerra in the Xanderzone yahoo newsgroup that they had a tendency to do stuff at the least threat of a lawsuit. Or a cease and desist note.
That's not surprising. ffnet is a business after all, and their main trade does flout a lot of copyright laws. They probably figure that there's enough incoming authors to offset the number of people who get pissed and leave.---
Mr. Fnord, interdimensional man of mystery.
http://www.jihad.net/
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Maybe that's why the quality of fanfics on fanfiction.net appears to be on the decline. Most of the type of fanfics that I used to enjoy reading appear to be disappearing. The hentai ones are just part of it.
Wonder where all of them went to. I never post fanfics on fanfiction.net because the site tends to crash my browser a lot and run very strange scripts on my computer. I stick to mediaminer mostly though the good quality fanfics appear to be on the decline to [Image: frown.gif] [Image: frown.gif] [Image: frown.gif]
Fanfiction.net used to be the best when tass.anime was shut down.
I loved tass.anime! i seldom went to other fanfic sites!
Oh well ... Ends rant ...
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong... but didn't FF.net go agro on its particiants starting with the lemons? If I recall their story on that correctly the reason was FF.net had a cluster of first and second year lemons popping up in the Harry Potter section and decided to nuke them all in response.