Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concepts That Will Not Come
Re: Concepts That Will Not Come
Quote:
You know, Jeane, if this BGC fic of yours is anywhere nearly as good as the stuff you've helped out with on EPU
Just to clarify, I've never written or pre-read, or been asked to write or pre-read, anything for EPU. The closest I've ever come is as an occasional pre-reader for Pearson Mui on some of his Anime Detective fics (and they're most definitely *not* EPU)
Quote:
I might just get around to reading it.
Everything I've written is on my website. If you root around at www.jhedge.com/story/anime/index.htm#bgc you'll come across all my stuff (all BGClassic). This includes my first fic, We Just Want to Help You, which is 10 years old now, was written as a response to the SI fics from EPU and to Bert Van Vliet's then-new story "The Bubblegum Zone", and *still* gets commented on.
That same page, which is actually a small part of a much larger mainstream story site, has fics by other people too, some of which aren't anywhere else. I'm rather partial to Jusenkyo Guide's fic The Name, a perfectly twisted story about what happens when Nene Romanova starts hearing voices.
Quote:
I don't exactly have the highest standards for niftiness.
If anyone has the time and is really interested, I encourage you to let writers of the stories you read know what you think of their work. If you read something that's on my site, I can almost guarantee the email address on that story is good - or at least it was back in August. [Image: smile.gif]
Jeanne
"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia

[Image: purdue.gif]
www.jhedge.com

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
Quote:
Hey, Hoagie? It looks like Sun Devil's no more. Your link to them is broken and Google turns up no solid results.
Sorry, mistyped link. It should work now.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
RE:
I remember "Help You." Always a fun fic. Kudos, Ms. Hedge.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: RE:
Quote:
I remember "Help You." Always a fun fic.
Although it sounded like it, I wasn't really fishing for compliments. But still, I'm happy you enjoyed it.
btw - "Ms. Hedge" is my sister-in-law, the school teacher. [Image: wink.gif] I'm...
Jeanne
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia

www.jhedge.com

www.jhedge.com

-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
Re: RE: CTWNC
(BTW - I use the Core Media player on my Palm LifeDrive - it is wonderful...)
My concept I can't get inspired by - BGC2040/Iron Man crossover... I got the intro done, but can't get any further. I know what happens to start things off, but haven't figured out WHY they are doing it, and who they are fighting...
(Then, of course, the whole "well why would IM be around if the rest of the Marvel Universe wasn't issue...)
Re: RE: CTWNC
Iron Man doesn't need the rest of the Marvel Universe for an origin, really - just a rich weapons-manufacturer, a nasty little war that he can be captured while checking his stuff in the field, and a greedy crime lord. It doesn't matter if it's Vietnam or the Persian Gulf or one of the off-ice hotspots of the Polar War, none of the players at that point at much of anything to do the the MU core. As for who they're fighting, well, maybe the Advanced Idea Mechanics have been hiding out within the labrynthine structure of GENOM Corp and in the aftermath of the Galatea incident and its fallout their handy shield is no longer in place... but they're now strong enoguh to move beyond it.
- CDThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
" It's crazy to try to spell out all the mega-nooks and hyper-crannies of a Borg contrivance." - Doug Drexler
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:
Just to clarify, I've never written or pre-read, or been asked to write or pre-read, anything for EPU. The closest I've ever come is as an occasional pre-reader for Pearson Mui on some of his Anime Detective fics (and they're most definitely *not* EPU)
My apologies. I have the most utterly terrible memory when it comes to names, faces, and places in general.-NeoRaven
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity." -Edgar Allen Poe
Sponsored by Black Aeronaut Technologies -
Aerospace solutions for the discerning spacer.-NeoRaven

Aerospace solutions for the discerning spacer.
Quote:
My apologies. I have the most utterly terrible memory when it comes to names, faces, and places in general.
There's nothing to apologize for. If you happen to remember who it is you confused me with, I'm curious... [Image: smile.gif]
I too have an awful memory for names. I think my brain is stuffed too full of useless trivia

Jeanne
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia

www.jhedge.com

www.jhedge.com

-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
I think it was Juniper.-NeoRaven
Aerospace solutions for the discerning spacer.-NeoRaven

Aerospace solutions for the discerning spacer.
A plot bunny still being born
Note :A crossover/fusion between Negima and Fate Stay Night
Seven mages and their "servants" battle every ten years for possesion of the Holy Grail, which is said to grant the winner his or her hearts desire.
Instead of Fuyuki City, you can switch the battlefield to Mahora Academy.
The question is whether to make it a crossover or a fusion?
For more info on Fate Stay/Night
Fate Stay/Night Englilsh Site
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: RE: Concepts That Will Not Come
Quote:
The biggest problem I see with this Idea is how to explain that Sailor Pluto didn't see this coming. But if anybody is interested in it I wil gladly provide them with all notes I have on this story idea.
Well this got discussed a bit on fukufic's forums. I'm no expert by a long shot. But the gist of it seemed to be that the whole "Pluto knows the future by veiwing it through the time gates" is fandom. (Probally a little StarTrek "City on the Edge of Forever" bleed over).
*shrug* Like I said I've only seen a few of the POORLY dubbed DIC ones so most of my knowledge comes from reading other peoples fanworks.
-Meyoni aka Shirei Rikona
on the Buffy side...
I came up with this idea, and I really like the start, but I'm not real good with my characterization over anything longer than really short, and I can't write fanfic characters at *All*.
(primarily light and humorous in tone)
So, Willow and Kennedy in South America. Kennedy meets up with a new-formed slayer biker gang, and decides that it's time to move on. Cue ugly, ugly breakup. Sad Willow. Willow gamely makes the attempt to get back on the horse with a wide variety of different people. All fail in really awful ways. Sad, Sad Willow. Lonely Willow. She tries to call up some old friends, just to have someone to talk to. "Uh, Willow? I'd love to talk, really I would, but there's an apocalypse on line two. Can we do this later?" So *very* sad. Sniff. Finally, she gives up on people. "A pet. That's it. I'll get a pet. It'll be *someone* to talk to, at least." She gets a dog. It runs away. She gets a gerbil. It *also* runs away. She gets a fish. It dies. She decides that the universe is trying to tell her something here, too, and buries her nose in a book. A short while later, her nose pops back out of the book. She has an answer. There is a spell, that casts out a web of magic, seeking for a will-worker's perfect companion in the form of a magical animal. Within three days, the creature will arrive - intelligent, exceptionally hardy, magically linked for life, and absolutely loyal. She rushes around to get the spell ready in time for the next full moon (when the spell must be cast) and fires it off perfectly.
Three days later, she's feeling a bit worried, and a bit hopeful, and all of the windows in the house are open. There is a knock on the door. She is startled. There is another knock on the door, and she hurries to answer it.
"Oz! What are you doing here?"
"You called. I came."
"What? You mean, I mean, the spell? but that's not supposed to call a person. That's supposed to call a cute little furry animal, like a mouse or a cat or a dog or something."
Oz shrugged.
"Woof?"
BTVS fanfic: "Someone Familiar" (W/O)
Re: on the Buffy side...
I kind of wish the Chessmen mojo would come back sometime. Bill and I had the next arc, 'Apocrypha/Armageddon', worked out fairly well.
It picked up the plot wherein what the hell Ikari Gendou was up to (answer: no good). It also did introduce the genetically engineered First and Second Children. (The First was proof of concept; the second was engineered for aggressiveness.) The Third Child was a proof-of-concept that you could retromodify a human to interface with the biological control units.
And then the Amalgam Next Generation Extragalactic Lifeform planetary assault bioweapons start to ignore commands from the UG Military Command, and the still-not-perfected counter-ANGEL weapon that some wag nicknamed 'Evangelion'...
And an image still in my head for someday is ANGEL-14, code Sachiel, with its head crushed between the fists of Eva-01 and Giant Robo.Brazil has decided you're cute.Brazil has decided you're cute.
I'm crushing your head! I'm crushing your head! WHAHAHAHA!
Alternately... "...and I'll crush the head!"
- CDThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Next morning, Harry found himself butt-naked in the other side of town, mouth tasting of lima beans. - from Uzumaki Harry by Shadow Crystal Mage
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:
I kind of wish the Chessmen mojo would come back sometime.
So do I. [Image: smile.gif] I loved Tenzil Kem being cast completely and utterly against type.
--Sam
"Inquisition this, you science dinks!"