Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
>Writing again... *gasp!*<
>Writing again... *gasp!*<
>Lurk drive failure!<
To any who know what it's like to spend forever between jobs spending all your time so focussed on the *next* job that it seems criminal to take any time away for other pursuits, you know pretty much what my life's been like lately. [Image: smile.gif] That said, I finally got a decent job offer... and I started writing again! Amazing how fast that turned around...
Anyway, if people are still interested, I was doing up a fanfiction of the DW2 fic, set about six months after Doug left, involving Vision, the Hou Bang, a new biotech firm based on Doug's leftover notes, a few new Sabers, and at least one or two appearances of Sailor Loon. [Image: smile.gif] I'm tapping happily away on the second chapter (which is now as big as the first chapter), and still trying to work out how to draw the second chapter to a close and point to the third. If people still wanna take a look, I've got it on my site. It's at www.cyberus.ca/~dragonflight/dead_bang/
Tell me what you think. I'm like every writer everywhere. I'll take criticism badly, but pretend I'm good with it. [Image: smile.gif]
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
comments
Well chapter one is good so far, more coments as I read more.
Re: >Writing again... *gasp!*<
Yee-ha! I've been hoping you'd write more!

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
I have a general complaint.
When you post your files to the net, make sure it is a file that has been saved as 'text only with line breaks' or 'DOS text with line breaks'. It is a royal pain to scroll sideways to read a sentence.
I get the complaint occasionaly myself, and do my best to fix it.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
Hmm. Hadn't realized it was an issue. I just save text files to disk, and when opening them with an editor, use word wrap. Since Mikeyshaft products have a habit of losing settings files for the damndest reasons, I never wonder why it's messed up like that.
I'll check into this.
[Edit]
What are you using to save it like that? Wordpad and Notepad don't do that, I don't think.
[Edit]
Strange. Every time I try to save it as you said, it always xfers into storage online in the same way. It keeps losing the formatting. But chapter 1 looks fine. Argh!
---
I personally use Microsoft Word.
Sometimes I've copied an entire text file into a Netscape Composer workpage and saved it as an .htm file.
--------------------
chapter2
Well chapter 2 is formated right now... Maybe becase I'm on a dammed windows machine.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Well, I just did a bunch of uploads and tweaks to try to get the chapters to word wrap properly. Finally got it to work (I think), although I'm still not exactly certain I understand *why*... The only reason I can think of makes no logical sense at all.
---
personally, i'm a fan of texpad... it's small, but powerful enough for the determined geek to do most things...
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Windows and sense go together like Douglas Q Sangnoir and Gideon Manley on a romantic date.
--------------------
<snarf>

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
I second that snarf.-NeoRaven
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity." -Edgar Allen Poe
Sponsored by Black Aeronaut Technologies -
Aerospace solutions for the discerning spacer.-NeoRaven

"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity." -Edgar Allen Poe

Sponsored by Black Aeronaut Technologies -

Aerospace solutions for the discerning spacer.