Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure about this one...
Not sure about this one...
There's a rather interesting/alarming idea that's been percolating, on and off, in my head for rather too long. But as it's rated solidly H I don't know if it's appropriate for discussion here.
The high-ish concept is this: "What if Urotsukidoji was a shoujo romance/action manga?" Three worlds--Ningen-kai, Inju-kai, Neko-kai...
--Sam
"Egad! Too much anatomy!"
Re: Not sure about this one...
Stop now. I beg you. Think of the children....Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Quote:
Stop now. I beg you. Think of the children...
Now, you REALLY shouldn't be giving him ideas like that...
Hmm..
Now *I* don't know. I'm all for interesting, oddball stories... especially ones that make the canon police stare at you oddly.
(Probably why one of my current favorite stories is "On A Clear Day You Can See Forever")
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
You know, it's probably a good thing that I know nothing about Overfiend at all.

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
RE: Musical Tastes
My musical tastes are a bit shotgunned.
The only band I ever collect a new album from consistently is Nightwish.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Re: RE: Musical Tastes
Bob, if you decide to view/preview Overfiend, be aware that it's a tentacle rape anime.
There's actually a plot in there, but it's smut, and dark evil smut, and it's _proud_ of it.
[Image: kokbanner.jpg]
--- Kokuten Daysleeper, Retired Epicced Officered DorfWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
This went in the wrong thread entirely.. bah...
I was gonna say 'Overfiend defies description...'
Anyway.. Yes. That's exactly what makes it disturbing. It's a hentacle rape anime/manga which makes no attempt to digsuise that is EXACTLY what it is. The main character is a freak of nature. In fact, nearly all the characters are freaks of nature except for one obligatory victim who eventually becomes a freak of nature as well.
There is a plot there.. ..but it's not exactly peace, love and happy little sparkles.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Quote:
be aware that it's a tentacle rape anime.
Well, yes, I knew that much. Which is why I've never bothered with it -- is no my genre, man.

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
Quote:
There is a plot there.. ..but it's not exactly peace, love and happy little sparkles.
Which is why the idea in question is "original story, very loosely inspired by" rather than "fanfiction." An exercise in worldbuilding, founded on the idea that tentacles are a lot more fun if everyone involved is there of their own free will and there are absolutely no explosions. @.@
--Sam
"If that's art, then art is dirty and weird!"
Well, no explosions from the... tentacling? Seems a good enoguh word... anyway. Other explosions are good, and dont forget to sprinkle lightly with ninja. Everything is better with ninja.
- CD
What, you think Samuel L. Jackson isn't going to survive the zombie apocalypse?

SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
an excerpt from the quotes files
And why does the tentacle monster always have to be the Top, anyway?
"Youma in tu-tus! Youma in shackles! Lots and Lots of Shackles!"
Just to throw a bit more mind-bendy your way.
Sirrocco
Re: an excerpt from the quotes files
Urotsukidoji - The MusicalWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Quote:
An exercise in worldbuilding, founded on the idea that tentacles are a lot more fun if everyone involved is there of their own free will and there are absolutely no explosions. @.@
... utterly demented ...
And it makes me chuckle in the same way that On a Clear Day You Can See Forever does (Sailor Moon, as told in a society as utterly unlike Japan as you can possibly imagine). It might be an interesting exercise.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead