Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Because I have not will of my own, here's my Naruto fic
Because I have not will of my own, here's my Naruto fic
Like most warm, damp, cavernous expanses the inside of my head is a fertile ground for disease and fungus. Petri dish like, it festers ideas whether I want it to or not, and especially when I have good Naruto fic shot at me on this board like a damn pitching machine. So I give up, the plot bunnies in my head win. Here's my go at it.
---------------------------------------------
The Fourth Great Shinobi War
Prologue
October, One Week After the Kyuubi's Defeat
Fathomless eyes stared down at the cavernous entrance that sat at the base of an extinct submerged volcano. While it was wearing the form of a forgettable man, the limitless dark did not hinder the thing's ability to see, nor was it bothered by the deathly cold of the water, and to say nothing of the catastrophic implosion that would happen in a human from the pressures at this depth. None of these factors, all lethal to mortals, effected what it had come down here in search of. But that was fine, what it came to see wasn't human, and neither was it.
Navigating through a maze of lava tubes that now resembled tunnels, it made its way towards the center where it finally surfaced into an enormous underground cave, a now empty magma pocket a half mile in diameter that was the heart of the volcano. Here it found what it was looking for.
Coiled around a giant stalagmite that rose from the center of a small lake was a demon. Easily three hundred feet long from snout to its five tails, and was perhaps twenty feet wide of relaxed muscle. Halfway between an eel and a snake, its massive head was like a wedge tipped on its side, split in two by a maw that could bite a whale in two. The occasional fang poked out from the closed mouth. A great fan-like crest exploded out the back of the head at the base of the skull and a similar fin ran down the length of the body, terminating at the point where the tail would begin only in this demon it split off into five identical versions. Even if there had been light, the thing knew that the five tailed sea serpents scales would not shine, but rather be mottled grey-green matte that absorbed light. The inescapable conclusion was that this was a creature of legend, built for killing and capable of unthinkable destruction. And the creature did not take three steps out of the water into the cavern before the serpent's featureless blood red eyes slowly opened; to glare balefully down as it raised its head.
"EXPLAIN TO ME, MIND DRINKER, WHY I SHOULD WITHOLD FROM ANNIHILATING YOU FOR DARING TO INTRUDE ON MY DOMAIN!" it didn't speak, but words crashed around the cave like a tidal wav onto a beach.
"Hail to You, Lord of the Deep. I ask you stay your...um tail, before rendering judgment. I bring news," it said in a friendly voice.
"IF YOU SPEAK OF THE DEFEAT OF THE FOX, YOU KNOW ALL OF THE NINE WOULD HAVE SENSED THAT INSTANTLY. A BONFIRE EXTINGUISHED SO SUDDENLY LEAVES ITS MARK!
THAT DOES NOT EXCUSE YOUR INVASION,"
the serpent raged. The man smiled amiably up at the Ocean King.
"And you should know I would never presume to intrude on the domain of one of the Nine, and especially not you Five Tails."
"THEN WHY HAVE YOU COME," it demanded.
Now was the most dangerous time, as what needed to be said must be put delicately to avoid the Five Tailed Serpent's wrath, but also needed to be done quickly to lest its patients wear out. The Lord of the Deep was not one to trifle with, even for one such as it. "I have come here to find your opinion on certain subjects of which are of mutual interest, and hopefully discover how you would act in, hmmmm, shall we say hypothetical situations," it said with care.
A long pause occurred, and the man shaped beast began to pick one of the contingency plans it had laid out before hand. Then, "GO ON."
If it had lungs, it would have exhaled before again speaking. "Well, the world has changed much since you last wrecked ships in open sunlight. Men are spreading everywhere, like mold. They have grown in power, but not in intellect and still war amongst themselves like the minor demons do," it said, not trying to disguise its contempt. "These insects are ripe for..."
"ENOUGH" the Lord of the Deep interrupted "I WILL NOT BE CAUGHT IN YOUR MACHINATIONS. I AM NOT THE FOREST SHADOW, AROGANTLY DISMISSING WHAT MEN ARE CAPABLE OF."
"I cannot believe you of all the demons would fear men," it replied in disbelief. "They break like dry leaves before us!"
"IT IS THINKING LIKE THIS THAT CAUSED THE NINE TAILS TO NOW LIVE IN THE BELLY OF A MEWLING HUMAN INFANT!" the Five Tails shot back. AND YOU WOULD DO WELL TO REMEMBER, THOUGHT REAPER THAT NONE OF THE NINE HAVE HEARD OR FELT THE RACOON OF THE DESERT'S PRESENCE IN DECADES. I DO NOT FEAR HUMANS, BUT NEITHER DO I UNDERESTIMATE THEM."
"Others are not so reluctant to enjoy themselves with the affairs of Men," it said.
"IS THIS WHY YOU TRED HERE IN THE GUISE OF A HUMAN?" the Serpent's scorn would have been recognizable to a dead man, and it lashed one of its tails, causing a whirlpool in the lake.
"I've found it speeds things along nicely, not to mention fun," it said in equal parts malice and amusements.
"AS I HAVE SAID, I WILL NOT BE A PART OF YOUR GAMES, TWO TAILS."
"In all honesty, I am not asking for your support," the thing ignored the rumble of amusement at the word 'honesty' "I simply ask you stay out of my fun on the surface. I'm not one for sharing my toys."
"I CARE NOTHING FOR MAN'S WORLD."
At that, the Two Tails quirked an eyebrow. "I've heard that you had taken in some human refugees over a century ago. Was that just a rumor?"
"MY CHARGES ARE MY CONCERN, AND YOU SHOW NO FURTHER INTEREST IF YOU WILL TO CONTINUE TO EXIST, MIND DRINKER."
"Of course," it said. But interest didn't leave its ageless eyes. "But, as to what I ask?"
"I WILL NOT INTERFERE."
"That is all I ask. The Elemental Countries and their Hidden Villages are mine."
"THEN WE ARE DONE HERE. LEAVE. NOW." The Serpent's red eyes closed but the Second of Nine still felt it was being observed with a deep hate.
"Of course," and the Two Tailed Boar turned on its heel and walked out the way it came.
-------------------------------
Whew. Done with the easiest part. Like the title says, I'm going to eventually focus on the war between the Leaf and its allies and, well, the Leaf's enemies who we'll meet hopefully soon. Chapter 1 is almost finished being written out long hand, but my internet conectivity is sporadic so it might now be up till the end of August. So here's a teaser in case I suck and don't put it up.
-----------------------
"Bah, it seemed my reputation proceeds me. I didn't take five steps into Fire Country when I picked up one of your ANBU squads shadowing me. And it only got worse when I entered Leaf proper! Every Chunnin and Jounin I passed would tense up and halfway reach for a weapon in case I went beserk and lay waste to a few city blocks on my way. As if I'd do anything so gauche," Ishikawa snorted as he set aside his sword and flopped into a chair in front of the Third's desk.
---------------
Leo: (July 23 - Aug 22)
You'll feel a lot better with warm clothes on your back and food in your stomach, proving that cannibalism has a couple things going for it.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
Re: Because I have not will of my own, here's my Naruto fic
-Smart- Bijuu.
Heh.
This is gonna be -real- interesting.
Ja, -n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."