Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, Drakensis...
Hey, Drakensis...
I just browsed past Here's Your Accordion and reread the last chapter, which you posted back in May. How fare the prospects for new material in this story?

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."
Re: Hey, Drakensis...
I've not really been working much on it - a combination of Naruto stealing a lot of my attention and not being quite sure how to deal with the Owen/Anointed One episode, which I was never that fond of to begin with but I need to deal with. The next chapter is less that 1/4 done as a result.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Ah. Oh, well... I guess I'll just have to be patient, then...

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."
Drak,
If you really don't want to do it, skip it. Give us a short summary of what happened and go on to bits you *do* want to write.
Edit: Hell, just skip over it entirely. It's not like there isn't fodder later for more stories.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Good advice, I think.
I've already chopped out the Pack pretty much entirely, so if I cut down on this bit then, hmm, Darla. Got plans for her. And her little dog too.
I'll have a go at it.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
RE: Hey, Drakensis...
I hope you don't mind me noodging you so soon after the last time I inquired <grin>, but how're things on the Darla+little dog front?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(09-10-2017, 07:09 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: I hope you don't mind me noodging you so soon after the last time I inquired <grin>, but how're things on the Darla+little dog front?

You're more than welcome to but I haven't looked at the story again for ages.

A few years back I consolidated scenes I'd written but not reached and posted them to ff.net. You'll find them here.
Oh, wow, I had no idea that there was new material at all. Thanks for the link. I have to admit I'm disappointed that Accordion is more or less permanently on the inactive pile, but I know these things happen.

ETA: Oh, damn. You couldn't've gone just a little further before binning that story? Dear god, what a place to end!

<drags self back from the edge> Sorry, I'm better now. I know how the creative process works, and I have no right to complain -- especially about an abandoned work. But I will tell you this -- Accordion will remain one of my top 10 favorite Buffy fics ever, even as-is. Thank you for writing it, and thank you for putting the remaining scenelets and passages up so we readers can get some minor closure.

And boy, was this a great dividend for what I initially intended as a humorous comment on a fic I knew was long-dead.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Thank you