Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wierd Question
Wierd Question
Does anyone happen to know the Japanese translation of Robert Oppenheimer's Shiva quote, from Trinity?
I tried to figure it out myself, but Jeffrey's is being... uncooperative. *glares*
Ja, -n
(Not a significant question at all... pay no attention to the avatar behind the curtain.)
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Re: Wierd Question
"Sekai o hakaisha, Shiva ni natta" is the best I can do at the moment. ("Sekai" = world, "hakaisha" = destroyer (person), "natta" = (informal) past tense of "naru" become)
... .... actually, I'm pretty sure I used the wrong particle there. "o" is the object particle, it SHOULD have been followed by a verb, not a noun. ("Sekai o hakai suru mono ..." = "the one who destroys worlds")
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you....
Shining FINGER!" -Domon Kashuu, Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Well, to translate literally, we'd be looking at "no", wouldn't we?
Ja, -n
===========

More or less. The arrangement just wouldn't work. That's, as far as I can reason, the closest you could get. (at least with what knowledge I have)
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you....
Shining FINGER!" -Domon Kashuu, Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Sekai o hakaisha, Shiva ni natta...
*smiles*
Thanks!
Ja, -n
("Fiat Lux.")
===========

Slightly better grammar
"Sekai wo hakai suru shiva ni natta" is more grammatically correct, though it slightly changes the meaning: "I am become Shiva, who destroys worlds"