Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thread in which to comment upon IWATDP/Incarna
because it seems wrong to disrupt the flow of the story.. [Image: happy.gif]
good job, good beginning good times will roll again [Image: happy.gif] _____________________________
JAYNE: "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here!"
Seems that EZBoard is adding random emoticons to my posts. I had a "rolleyes" at the end of my last post...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
>Seems that EZBoard is adding random emoticons to my posts. I had a "rolleyes" at the end of my last post...<
Yeah, I'd noticed. Maybe it was a ontime glitch or something ... uness you had it happen to your posts more than just this once?
Kami bless the Preview and EDIT functions.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
On the recognizeability of Sept. 11th
Next line: "So... is this the part where we fight before we team up?"

- CD QUACK! PITPATPITPATpitpatpitpat...What, you think Samuel L. Jackson isn't going to survive the zombie apocalypse?
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Re: thread in which to comment upon IWATDP/Incarna
Quote:
Seems that EZBoard is adding random emoticons to my posts.
There should be a "use emoticons" checkbox up and to the right from the message edit box. Uncheck it to get rid of the stupid little faces.

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."
Re: On the recognizeability of Sept. 11th
Quote:
Next line: "So... is this the part where we fight before we team up?"
It is traditional, is it not?
This is definitely showing more of the promise I saw earlier. I hope you guys can keep it up, among the other projects you both have.

-- Bob
---------
"Is Jan-ken-pon okay? I'd really rather not set off the MAGI..."
- CD transforms into a duck and flies awayWhat, you think Samuel L. Jackson isn't going to survive the zombie apocalypse?
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
>"Is Jan-ken-pon okay? I'd really rather not set off the MAGI..."<
*snicker* That's a good one, actually. Dunno if we'll use it, but it's good one.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Jan-ken-pon?
Nahh... more like:
I'll Rochambeau you for it. I'll go first. *g*

Just kiding...
the only problem with a collab like this is the spurt posts for conversations....
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll
to whom it may concern
Just so you know:
yes, it's still alive.
yes, we're working on it.
yes, we'll eventually get to posting more. Kitsune-kun is currently attending to other matters, and yours truly has more crunchtime to put in, so it may take a bit.
That is all, for now.
response
What he said. Also, I'm getting some work on Chapter 13 of IWATDP done...

-- James Nicoll
addition
Added a interlude to the fic.
Also, we need to rename that thread, if possible, to IWATDP/Incarna: Broken Reflection

-- James Nicoll
Re:naming
Lemme see if I can find an admin tool that lets me do that.

-- Bob
---------
Re: Re:naming
I did, I did find an admin tool.
Sorry, weird mood today.

-- Bob
---------
Re: Re:naming
Thanks, Bob.
My schedule frees up after Thursday this week, so I'll likely be posting the rest of Incarna's ch2 on Friday. I'll also be set to continue the back and forth by that time.
-Griever
^^;
I be a slow writing monkey.
Somehow, I wound up with page after page of something called "Titus Andronicus" instead of IWATDP or Broken reflection, due to computer issues.
*Bows head in shame*

-- James Nicoll
^^;
Personally, I'm dealing with trying to clean up excess kipple from my PC's drives. That, and misc scans with various utilities. You know you've got a problem when things start leapfrogging. Especially when media-player does. I'm past hoping that it's something as simple as a virus (never thought I'd be hoping for a problem's cause to be one of those), and since the drives were defragged last weekend it's not that either.
I'm running a registry check right now (thankyou god, for the blessing that is freeware), and hoping that'll make things run a bit smoother.
If it's a hardware issue of some sort that's causing it, though, then I'm well and truly screwed. Warranty ran out a month ago. Damn.
Got a couple of scenes for Incarna done in the interim, so I've done something productive with my time as well. Worst case estimates put completion at sometime on Wednesday.
-Griever
back to cussing about outdated equipment in between bouts of creativity
Re: ^^;
Quote:
Warranty ran out a month ago
That practivally guarantees it's a hardware issue, really. There's a reason why manufacturers set their warrantees for the terms they do.
- CD is a bitter, bitter manWhat, you think Samuel L. Jackson isn't going to survive the zombie apocalypse?
--
irrelevant tidbit
CD, I salute you. It was hardware, though not in the way you probably meant it.
Nothing internal, rather, the plug of my laptop's power cable is starting to go iffy, in part due to the fact that I've not been careful where overheating is concerned. The plastic bits on the end warped, and it interrupted the power supply - the machine was shifting from battery to power line every few seconds - teh suckage. Unplugged it and went with battery, and everything was okay. Reconnected the plug. Nada. No juice. Went WTF? Looked like the plug finally gave out. Desperate times, desperate measures. Had to whittle some of the warped plastic away with a knife, then work the plug around a little, but it seems to be working.
... will need to drop by a hardware place and get a new power cable sometime soon.
Now back to writing Incarna.
-Griever