Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't view any imported threads
Can't view any imported threads
When I try to click on any of the imported threads, I get "The specified thread does not exist.". This seems bad...
RE: Can't view any imported threads
(08-30-2017, 07:00 PM)jonathanlennox Wrote: When I try to click on any of the imported threads, I get "The specified thread does not exist.". This seems bad...

I have to admit that's weird, as I can bounce around and read everything, but that may be because I have magic administrator powers.

(Although I did get that error once, while trying to view a thread I was working on in SQL, but reloading the page cleared it right up.)

Is anyone else having a problem?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Just did a random check of a dozen threads in Marketplace. All of them gave me the same "The specified thread does not exist." error message that Jonathan reported - including a thread that says I started it.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
And now I'm seeing it, too. I wonder if the thread imports I'm doing now -- which have included a couple of errors I've had to undo -- have messed up things.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I'm getting it too, but it's not everywhere. I can read everything in "There's Nothing Better". In Marketplace, Website, and elsewhere, not so much. I have an old tab open where I was able to read from Future Steps yesterday, but that thread is missing now.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
<extensive cursing> I seem to have nuked a large part of the posts table by mistake. It looks like there are no threads with an id below 810.
-- Bob

(08-30-2017, 08:19 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: <extensive cursing>  I seem to have nuked a large part of the posts table by mistake.  It looks like there are no threads with an id below 810.

Does that include new threads posted between 5 and 24 hours ago? Because I'm getting that error message for them, too.
(08-30-2017, 11:53 PM)Inquisitive Raven Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 08:19 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: <extensive cursing>  I seem to have nuked a large part of the posts table by mistake.  It looks like there are no threads with an id below 810.

Does that include new threads posted between 5 and 24 hours ago? Because I'm getting that error message for them, too.

Yes.  As best as I can reconstruct, I must have gotten ">" and "<" switched in a delete intended to clean up a thread or threads that didn't transfer properly, so everything before one of the last threads I imported last night had its individual posts deleted. To give you an idea how much of the board's contents that is, look at the URL to this page, and you will see "tid=813" as part of it. This is thread 813. I deleted the contents of all threads below 810. Which is basically the whole board.
-- Bob

Well, I still had a tab with page two of <Door opens...> thread from General open.  I emailed it to Bob, in the hope that we can get the thread partially restored.  But losing info here wasn't entirely unexpected, we're still in alpha.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Have you tried searching your cache to see if page one is still in there?

(I checked mine and I've got page two as well, but that's it.)

-Morgan.
Some people have Worm SIs with phenomenal cosmic power.
My Worm SI is Emma and Madison's therapist.
Confirming that I received that, Brent.  I'll save it for last, though.

In the mean time, I've spent much of the day kicking myself, and have rewritten my scripts to do things as a transaction with savepoints.  Now if a thread crashes, I just have to rollback one savepoint instead of manually undoing all the inserts.  Which should make my chances of fatfingering the board out of existence again much smaller.

Also, I discovered that at least part of the Archived Fanfiction Recommendation subboard survived, and that has me reconsidering my plan to truncate the boards.  The thing is, truncating and recreating from scratch will be much faster, but it somehow offends my delicate sensibilities to nuke a surviving board because it would be easier.

I also have to admit that even right now, at quarter to eight PM Eastern time, I am already drowsy and unwilling to embark on the task while I am so.  I do have a half day off tomorrow as a lead-in to the Labor Day holiday; I may well just come home at 1 PM and start up while I'm wide awake.  In fact, that's what I will do.  I'm sorry if anyone's disappointed.

ETA:  I just discovered that the "There's Nothing Better" subboard also survived intact.  I'm starting to tip toward the long, laborious route...  which now that I think about might let me recycle the threads table instead of nuking it.
-- Bob

Archived Fanfic Recommendations is there too.

-Morgan. Saying "It's right next to Bob" probably won't invoke the right joke in this context...
Some people have Worm SIs with phenomenal cosmic power.
My Worm SI is Emma and Madison's therapist.
And as I'm sure you've all noticed since last Friday, everything and more is back.
-- Bob

Actually, the threads that were originally posted on this board instead of Crapatalk still seem to be missing. I've been looking specifically for my complaint about the Simple theme, but I can't find the rest either.
Yes, those were deleted in my fatfinger escapade, and I have no way of restoring them. I'm sorry about that, but I didn't have the board's automatic backups turned on yet.
-- Bob

(08-31-2017, 05:53 PM)Labster Wrote: Well, I still had a tab with page two of <Door opens...> thread from General open.  I emailed it to Bob, in the hope that we can get the thread partially restored.  But losing info here wasn't entirely unexpected, we're still in alpha.

Ah, yes, almost forgot about that.  I'll get the surviving posts back up as soon as I can turn them into SQL inserts.
-- Bob

And it turns out there are no surviving posts. Apparently when Brent saved the page, his browser helpfully went and retrieved the latest version first, and all we had when it was done was a file saying "this thread does not exist".
-- Bob