Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lost/Dead Fics -- a Wish List
RE: Lost/Dead Fics -- a Wish List
Was just doing some digging through my bookmarks, and found out that Ghost in the Evangelion has been officially declared dead by the author, though at least they were nice enough to put out all their aborted plans for future chapters in one final post.
Oh, and another fic just turned up in my Kindle rotation that I really wish were brought back to life:

Harry Potter and the Witch Queen. After a long war that has left Great Britain a wasteland and has shattered both Europe and the Statute of Secrecy, Voldemort still remains undefeated and Hermione Granger has fallen to Darkness. But despite having gained great power from a bargain with the hidden Fae, she is still unable to kill the immortal Dark Lord. As a last resort, she sends Harry back in time twenty years to when he was eleven, using a dark ritual with a terrible sacrifice.

A Harry Potter Peggy Sue story where Harry comes back from a Bad Future where they never found (or even identified) all of Voldemort's horcruxes, is suffering from PTSD and has no freaking clue what to do to change things. It actually was updated for the first time in many years back in 2020, but seems to have stalled out again.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
*Cast Resurrection on Thread*

I’ve been recently made aware of the Worm AU fic Atonement: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/...-au.312449

Where Taylor died in the locker, causing Madison so much guilt that she triggered and became an in-universe version of Spider-Man. Really good, and I wish that it will be continued at some point.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
(02-03-2024, 10:46 AM)SilverFang01 Wrote: *Cast Resurrection on Thread*

I’ve been recently made aware of the Worm AU fic Atonement: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/...-au.312449

Where Taylor died in the locker, causing Madison so much guilt that she triggered and became an in-universe version of Spider-Man. Really good, and I wish that it will be continued at some point.
Atonement had a pretty good 4th Endbringer too. 

The author also has another worm-fic, Intrepid, an AU where Taylor wasn't killed but was hospitallized for a time (turns out she was having a hard time learning to use her new powers).  Madison, Emma, and even Sophia end up having guilt based heel-face turns (it takes a while to work thru Sophia's denial admittedly) and Emma and Madison trigger from said guilt. Each chapter follows the viewpoint of one of the 4 as they live their cape lives.  for most of the story they don't know about each other's cape identities (other than Emma knowing Sophia is Shadow Stalker) as each end up with a different cape group.

Over 200 chapters, though it also has been dormant for almost a year now.  Very much an AU though, the Brockton Bay Brigade never converted to New Wave, several of the younger characters have different powers (both Amy and Vicky's powers are different for example), there's another group of Class S murderhobos called the Seven Sins who have a long running feud with The S9 (as in both groups occasionally kill one of the other group's members), a few other major difference that come up later

He also has 2 original stories that he's still updating (Heretical Edge and Summus Proelium, both found here) those update each Mon/Wed/Fri alternating between the stories.  I used to read both but fell behind and haven't found time to get caught up.
(02-03-2024, 06:08 PM)Norgarth Wrote:
(02-03-2024, 10:46 AM)SilverFang01 Wrote: *Cast Resurrection on Thread*

Atonement had a pretty good 4th Endbringer too. 

The author also has another worm-fic, Intrepid, an AU where Taylor wasn't killed but was hospitallized for a time (turns out she was having a hard time learning to use her new powers).  Madison, Emma, and even Sophia end up having guilt based heel-face turns (it takes a while to work thru Sophia's denial admittedly) and Emma and Madison trigger from said guilt. Each chapter follows the viewpoint of one of the 4 as they live their cape lives.  for most of the story they don't know about each other's cape identities (other than Emma knowing Sophia is Shadow Stalker) as each end up with a different cape group.

Over 200 chapters, though it also has been dormant for almost a year now.  Very much an AU though, the Brockton Bay Brigade never converted to New Wave, several of the younger characters have different powers (both Amy and Vicky's powers are different for example), there's another group of Class S murderhobos called the Seven Sins who have a long running feud with The S9 (as in both groups occasionally kill one of the other group's members), a few other major difference that come up later

He also has 2 original stories that he's still updating (Heretical Edge and Summus Proelium, both found here) those update each Mon/Wed/Fri alternating between the stories.  I used to read both but fell behind and haven't found time to get caught up.

Thank you for the recs. I'm still working through Atonement and I adore it. Will download the other one to read after I finish this one and a couple more including a Supergirl one.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg