Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HP prank, probably impractical (you wanna buy a bunny?)
HP prank, probably impractical (you wanna buy a bunny?)
(cue the Spike Jones song)

I was reading a first year fic just now, going over the usual roll of classes and reactions to them, and the thoguht struck me that someone charming Binns to drone about Second Impact instead of goblin rebellions is at least something I havn't seen anyone do yet. Of course, it does have several problems even before getting into methods for compelling a ghost, such as Evangelion's release date, and the fact that not even the muggleborn HP characters ever mention muggle media except when warnings of Serius being on the loose were conveyed by them as well as wizard outlets.

Still, the most important point stands - it's a Hogwarts prank that hasn't been done before, at least to my knowledge, and it's a sad fact that no matter how amusing modifying the cieling of the Great Hall or making everyone leave footprints in their house color was the first time, when repeated in several stories they just get stale.

Hmm, here's another - I don't think I've seen anyone make a little raincloud follow Snape around, brewing up lighting when he gets all upset and dramatic just to push it over the top.

- CD, wanders off to suggest these to the author of HP & The Lonely Princess
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

I like it.

Hm. If it hasn't already been used by the time I get well into DW8 (the Harry Potter Step) I might use it, as Doug will have already been to NGE by that point and may well have encountered that teacher...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Drop that on the author of HP:MOR, see if Binns could be induced to start teaching the Methods..
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Professor Snape's theme song need to be from Pink Floyd, as well... [evil grin]

In one of the previous versions of Harry potter and the Wand of Uru, there was a scene where Neville "boy-who-lived" Longbottom ran away from a pack of trolls while Harry took them on.
I always thought that afterwards, he should have charmed some armors to follow Neville around with lutes, singing:
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled,
Bravest of the brave,
Brave Longbottom...

Duane Peters Wrote:Professor Snape's theme song need to be from Pink Floyd, as well... [evil grin]

You! Yes you behind the broom shed! Stand Still!...... Zzap

Technically it would only take a very, very, very bored first year accidently magicing Binns with raw willpower fueled by extreme bordom of the borred to do that.  You can even have the topic be completely random and change every class... unless they have someone in power watching and then its normal.  Basically, Binns in now randomly switching with his dimensional equivalent and no one notices that part... until the tests comes up and its on things they haven't been lectured on or not.
RE: HP prank, probably impractical (you wanna buy a bunny?)
Hey Bob, remember this? You've been doing some stuff in the HP step, and as far as I know neither suggestion has been used...
RE: HP prank, probably impractical (you wanna buy a bunny?)
Now that you've reminded me of it, I've been thinking of where to put it -- and how to make it make sense to do so.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....