Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newest Eyrie

Raoul Duke's mind is a controlled substance.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Doesnt that go without saying?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Quote: Catching sight of Valeris's limp form, now sporting a faint,

rather silly smile on her unconscious face, he frowned very slightly,

then arched an eyebrow at Duke.

"Dr. Duke," he said with a hint of severity. "I cannot help but

observe that you seem to have debauched my escaped detainee."
This shattered me. Completely. Utterly. And the fun simply continued from there. Dr. Duke plus the Dynamic Duo of the Enterprise for
the win!

Manhunt Part 5 is up. One chapter to go now. GLEE!

Manhunt Part 6

This chapter was BRILLIANT. Man, now I'm sorry it's over.

"My name's Zefram Cochrane," the man said; then, taking in the whole courtroom with one panoramic gesture, he added, "Without me
all'a you punks'd be lookin' for real jobs."

HAH!

Quote: "My
final act as your legal advocate," he explained to the Earthman's questioning look. "These are the documents you must sign to complete the
bureaucratic processes surrounding your trial."

Gryphon flipped through the papers, skimming and signing them, then paused at the last sheet and asked, "What's this one?"

Spock looked to see which one he meant, then replied in utter deadpan, "That is an invoice to the GENOM Corporation, claiming the two hundred
fifty million Standard credits the company has promised to the person who apprehends the Butcher of Musashi. It will be submitted the moment HN1's trial
is complete - which I am assured will be no later than Monday."
Awesome.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

there's 3 related mini-stories on the way, one set before Manhunt (I'm guessing it covers Mars Division visiting the school), one that takes place
durring, and and one that's set after. (G's meeting with Lord F?)
Just finished reading the "Prior Manhunt" story. No spoilers, not even hidden text, but it takes place in the "Split Infinity" universe

Drakensis: thank you. I dropped that on Gryph and he said, "That's a total screaming bastard move, and totally logical. It's done."

Also, the 'prior to Manhunt' story, 'The Vulcan Heart', has been taken back into the shop for reworking. It had a few issues and depended on a
lot of things that Gryph intuited from watching an episode of the Original Series to make work, and it didn't, really. It'll be better off later.Brazil has decided you're cute.

There's a new Mini up, the 'During crossroads' piece....

NO QUARTER!!!

Ah "Prescott's Bluff", but did anyone notice the Sniper from Team Fortress 2 making an appearance as Mister Lowrie?

Heh, yeah I noticed that too.

NO QUARTER!!!

there are so many guest appearances, references and shoutouts, i feel like making bingo cards for each story and seeing who gets what for each story Smile
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

It would be really cool if everyone who spotted a reference added it (if needed) to the http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/F ... edFeatures]UF page at TV Tropes...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

(tagging on to an older thread, because I don't feel like staring a new one when this subject line is perfectly correct...)

Omnibus 4 is up.

Mr. Midshipman Tenjou wasn't quite what I was expecting. Trying to not be too spoilerish, somebody's apparently in for a rapid rise through
the ranks.

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia

A new SOS Bonus story has just appeared on the boards that I think people may like. Wink

http://www.eyrie-productions.com/Forum/ ... e=threaded]Road Film (with Fighting)

Road Film (with Fighting) Wrote:You could be the first person in history to have your car in #B784A7.
Actually, somebody in my neighbourhood has a car that colour...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

It's kind of impossible for me to be objective about the new Eyrie forum piece, because I'm a huge Top Gear fan.

I suspect it'll be quite entertaining on its own merits, especially since it's based on established Eyrie characters and continuity.

But what's really remarkable about this is how...bang on the dialogue and such is for the Top Gear presenters. That's a lot of effort and love there.
-- Acyl

I think I'm the only person to go "Top Gear? I guess I'll give it a tr-Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"

Herr Bad Moon Wrote:I think I'm the only person to go "Top Gear? I guess I'll give it a tr-Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
yes.

Smile
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

On one of my other forums, I've changed my sig.

It now reads:

======================================================
May: (shouting in Klingon)

Subtitle: Honorless dogs! Make way for Captain Slow!
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Quote:
Quote: Herr Bad Moon wrote: I think I'm the only person to go "Top Gear? I guess I'll give it a tr-Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

yes.

Smile

No. Although after skimming a bit some of the later parts where tolerable.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Quote: May: Tuck in behind me. Whatever happens, don't stop.

He puts his foot down. HAMMOND blinks at him in astonishment.

Ext. Day. Coast Road. The LAMBO slides into a tight trailing formation behind the KMW,
which is accelerating toward the roadblock. A MARINE holds up his hand for the KMW to halt, but is ignored.

Int. Day. KMW cabin. MAY, a furious scowl on his face, drives straight toward the
roadblock -

Ext. Day. Coast Road. - ignoring the flurry of ill-aimed blasterfire this draws, and
smashes it down with the KMW's bumper.

Int. Day. KMW cabin. HAMMOND hides behind the dash, occasionally glancing at MAY as if
he thinks he's gone insane.

May: (shouting in Klingon)

Subtitle: Honorless dogs! Make way for Captain Slow!
THIS.

BROKE.

ME.

Quote: KAITLYN tilts her head thoughtfully, regarding THE STIG from a distance of perhaps twenty feet. Then she
reaches to her wrist and presses a stud on her wristwatch, which causes a holographic keyboard to rez up on her left forearm. She slowly plays a sequence of
five tones in a high-pitched synthetic oboe voice. THE STIG perks up as if someone's called his name. While the camera and CLARKSON look on in awe,
KAITLYN moves slowly closer to THE STIG, repeating the sequence slowly, until, on the fourth repetition, THE STIG produces the final two tones himself, in a
much lower register and so loudly that the windows in the start/finish line observation tower crack, CLARKSON ducks and the cameraman can be heard to curse.
KAITLYN and THE STIG play the five tones back and forth to each other a couple of times, then begin improvising at a faster and faster pace, she in her wrist
holoboard's synth-oboe voice and he in booming, tuba-like tones that seem to emanate from within his helmet. This goes on for a couple of minutes, then
winds slowly down, after which, without a word exchanged, the two get into the RPC and drive away.

DYING... I'm just DYING over here... no oxygen... help!