Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that Should Be: Super Double Bonus Round

I didn't really like anything between Decade and Wizard, but a Sailor Moon bssed fic in which Rei's cousin Eiji, aka Kamen Rider OOO, drops by for a visit would be kind of neat.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

A Decepticon faction comes across a potentially resource-rich world in which the local organic sapients have nearly been wiped out by larger and apparently mindless versions of themselves. The leader of this faction is one of the Decepticon warlords with a willingness to tolerate or even utilize organics. (Deathsaurus has an adopted human "son". Scorponok and other head/power/target-masters have human partners. Overlord is "piloted" by a human husband and wife team. Shockwave and Ratbat don't care as long as it's a logical and effective utilization of resources. Etc.)

The warlord in question makes the generous offer than if the humans submit to Decepticon rule and become and industrialized workforce suporting the Decepticon warmachine, then the Decepticons will save them from the ravenously hungry giants. When the Autobots show up, they are faced with a moral quandry of how to deny the Decepticons these resources without dooming the locals to a horrific end. Then it turns out that some of the locals can pull their own mass-shifting stunt to become giant sized while retaining their minds and things get even more interesting.

Transformers: Attack on Titan
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

"Mirror mirror on the wall who's the most logical of all?" Disney Evil Trek would certainly look better than Filmation ; and who does better villains than Disney? We'd have to put up with musical numbers and talking animals but I wouldn't mind a Space-Pirates of Penzance with a body count & a hot Empress with musically inclined minion things.

A couple ideas that grew out of a fanfic discussion with Peggy over brunch today:

Hermione Granger's father is:

A) Hermie the Elf (from Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer)

or

B) Orin Scrivello, DDS (from the 1986 musical version of Little Shop of Horrors)
ETA:  Oops, wrong thread -- these should have been in "should not be".
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

There's a musical number in that. It's fighting to get out of my brain, but not just any wild notion can get through this cranial armor! Still...

"Girl, you'll go to Ho~gwarts.
I have a talent, for using my brain!
You'll go to Ho~gwarts!
The world of magic
will ne'er be the same!
I've learned at Ho~gwarts!
And you're in for PAIN!"

I'd kind of like to see that in a "Harry thought he was just time travelling" fic - he puts a few things down to bad memory, but Hermione Scrivello introducing herself on the
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

introducing herself on the train, leading to a musical number with Neville and Ron about Trevor and how he gets lost, interrupted by one by Draco and his posse, expanded to four or five for full musical effect, would be a great wtf moment... even more so if later there's a 'whispered' gossip song about how that Potter is a strange one, he doesn't even sing!

Then Snape performs a solo on the beauty of potions and how students are such dunderheads, and Harry's brain is completely broken.
--

ClassicDrogn Wrote:I'd kind of like to see that in a "Harry thought he was just time travelling" fic -
Theorizing he could time-travel within his own school, Harry Potter picked up the time turner and vanished... Oh, boy.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

It's not really a crossover as the elements are from different series in the same continuity, and I'm not sure if it should be, but this is something that has been rattling around in my head off and on for years.

The prophecy:

They come! The eyes of the storms. The stars about which chaos orbits.
They come! The strange attractors. They who are irresistable in both force and facination.
They come! The Prince who was Lost, The Prince who was Found, The Prince who was Sent Forth.
They come! He who is Heaven and Earth, The Disaster, the Saint of the Sword
AND THE WOMEN WHO LOVE THEM!

The situation:

Tenchi Masaki, Seina Yamada, and Kenshi Masaki are all about to show up along with their respective harems.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

Jack Slash decides to recruit Wiley Pete.

... So we're talking Slash n Buuuuurrrrn fic?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Stark Trek: A Song of Ice and Disruptor Fire
"Sir! A Greyjoy Bird of Prey is decloaking off the port bow! It's the Silence!"

Quote:Star Ranger4 wrote:
... So we're talking Slash n Buuuuurrrrn fic?
Add Michael Weston, and you have a Slash 'n' Burn Notice. Smile
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Add Guns 'n' Roses, and you'll have a Slash 'n' Burn 'n' Slash Notice fic...
-- Bob
---------

Add Simpsons for the Slash 'n' Burn 'n' Slash 'n' Burns Notice?

...though at that point it really ought to be on the other thread.

The thing about Bleach is when you  look at it through the prism of a Nippon Ichi Netherworld it starts making perfect sense.  The Court of Pure Souls is basically Celestia.  The difference is that instead of being Prinnies they just make the place so generally oppressive that the rank and file populous wills themselves into reincarnation.  Basically, Bleach takes place in one of those other Netherworlds... Meaning Bleach is about a purgatory.  Bleach is pretty blunt about Hell being a real place... and that few people actively deserve to go there.  I think it comes up once in the entire series.  This basically mean that actually going to Heaven or Hell is extremely rare... meaning that if you add in the wonkiness of the timeline and constantly changing backstory bits are an active disinformation campaign by Yamato... basically all series starts making logical sense.
Ichigo ends up as someone being groomed for the Overlord position.. and in typical Bleach fashion no one is going to tell him this. The sheer amount of situations he ends up resolving alone mean he is a shoe in after a century or so.  Really Bleach keeps making reference to how almost no one ever avoids passing on enough to stick around the Court of Pure Souls into their second century.
So it wouldn't be so much a bill to get to the human world so much as some other human world.  Netherworlds are altered by the raw belief of the living populous.  Which is why Lahral's Netherworld is its own planet and he has the level of power he does.  The Court of Pure Souls is likely just an eastern Asian branch of the local Purgatory.  Not that you have clearance to know any of this.

This sounds like a crossover that should not be - but it works.

Calvin & Muad'Dib
--
Rob Kelk

I saw a strip from that for the first time last night over on my[confined]space -- is this something just hitting a critical mass now? (Oh, and I like it very much...)
-- Bob
---------

[Image: omega_row_by_rukiisuta-d5yt0fz.jpg]If you are gona do Saints Row in space, do it right
Omega Row.

Quote:robkelk wrote:
This sounds like a crossover that should not be - but it works.
Calvin & Muad'Dib
And now it's gone -- I get the Tumblr "nothing here" page. 
Is it just me, or has Tumblr been purging blogs like crazy since they got bought?
-- Bob
---------

Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Quote:robkelk wrote:This sounds like a crossover that should not be - but it works.

Calvin & Muad'Dib
And now it's gone -- I get the Tumblr "nothing here" page.

Luckily, the Wayback Machine has a copy:
http://web.archive.org/web/201304291201 ... umblr.com/

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Is it just me, or has Tumblr been purging blogs like crazy since they got bought?
I don't think they've purged you...
--
Rob Kelk

One crossover that I would honestly love to see is a Sailor Moon/Persona series crossover.  I've only ever actually found one such fic, and it wasn't very good.  I think that it's a crying shame, and one that ought to be fixed, somehow.

I've been reading Captain Vorpatril's Alliance recently, and growing even more disgusted with the attitudes of people from the crime-ruled planet Jackson's Whole and the gene-tweaking Cetagandan Empire than I was before -- and that takes some doing.  Now I want to see a crossover with Ender's Game ... one that lasts just long enough for Doctor Device, the disintegrator weapon that can take out an entire planet with each shot, to be used on the Whole and all eight Cetagandan worlds.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Well it does nothing bad to the Cetagandans and it's not a crossover but Forward Momentum does have Jackson's Whole invaded by a fleet led by Aral Vorkosigan. Diverges before Diplomatic Immunity.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

At the climax of the Captain America movie, the Teseract is opening up dimentional rifts that could have gone anywhere. (And him needing to stay on the plane and fly the bomber into the ocean is one of those things that doesn't quite make sense about the movie.) Some possible destinations:

Fantasy Setting - His only obstacle to becoming a paladin is his stated opinion on gods. (There's only one and he doesn't dress funny.)

Non-Marvel Superhero - There are so many ways to play Cap meets Superman, Cap meets Batman, the guy who washes up on Paradise Island is Steve Rodgers not Steve Trevor, etc. Or Cap brings pragmatic idealism (he was in a war, he's killed or helped kill a lot of people) to one of the darker settings.

Post-Apocalypse (Fallout, Walking Dead, Terminator, etc.) - You tend to have various groups that talk about rebuilding America, let's have someone show them how to do that properly.

Video Games - Who does't wan't to see King Bowser take a vibranium shield to the face? He helped the French Resistance, why not the anti-Robotnic Freedom Fighters? Can Captain Rodgers out paragon Commander Shepperd?

Come on people, play with the possibilites here.
----------

Also, something I found while looking to see if anyone had done these ideas:
The Avengers as D&D characters.
----------