Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that Should Be: Super Double Bonus Round

Quote:Deadpan29 wrote:
Non-Marvel Superhero - There are so many ways to play Cap meets Superman, Cap meets Batman, the guy who washes up on Paradise Island is Steve Rodgers not Steve Trevor, etc. 
Cap meets Batman was done, as an Elseworld where Marvel and D.C. characters both exist.  They joined forces toward the end of WWII to keep the Red Skull and the Joker from stealing a U.S. atomic bomb (there was also a brief bit of Cap fighting alongside Sergeant Rock and Easy Company).  Then it turned out the Joker was a patriot who hadn't realized he was working with Nazis:  "I may be a criminal lunatic, but I'm an American criminal lunatic!"  Self-knowledge; ya gotta love it.  One of the best parts was when Bruce Wayne and Steve Rogers got into a fight, each thinking the other must be a spy/saboteur, and realized to their shock that they were matching one another move for move.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

I've seen a few attempts at HP/Hellsing, even wrote a short myself where Anderson happens to walk through Surrey in time to find a certain toddler on a doorstep, but there's another possible point of intersection that seems really obvious now that I thought of it: What if, instead of Cheddar, the town taken over by a vampire priest was Little Hangleton, to provide security for a certain dark ritual at the end of Harry Potter's fourth year? Once his business is complete, Alucard decides to investigate that adorable little "keep out" spell on the cemetery outside - his new childe won't be awake for some time yet, so why not have a little fun while he waits? Magic users are such an interesting challenge compared to mere walking trash ghouls, after all! Well, not really, but less utterly boring, anyway.

I think Hellsing TV would make for the more useful overall setting, with Integra jailed at the end and Seras at a loose end, so she could catch up with the Potter gang as they deal with the effects having most of the Ministry wiped out and really-hard-to-hide magic wreck a large part of London has on the Wizarding World, not even a year after several prominent Purebloods were "brutally murdered while trying to rescue the kidnapped Triwizard Champion."
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Take a reasonably stock Evangelion scenario - SEELE, NERV, the Evangelion project, the Angels (including Adam and Lilith), et cetera. Transplant it to something that isn't actually Earth but might as well be; change names and file off serial numbers as necessary. Then take a step back, and consider it as objectively as is possible at this point.

Doesn't that look like exactly the sort of situation the Doctor would be likely to intervene in?

Heh. It does, doesn't it?

Even odds on Rei ending up a Companion when he's done.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7366113/1/ ... the-Doctor
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

One thing that I'd like to see is a Lyrical Nanoha/Pokemon crossover.  Imagine the mayhem that would ensue!

"Reinforce Zewi! I choose you!"

"No way - it's dangerous out there!"
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

ECSNorway Wrote:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7366113/1/ ... the-Doctor

Quote:"Weapons?" The Doctor was doing that thing where his voice went all squeaky again, Shinji noticed. "Who needs weapons? We've got SCIENCE! COME ON!"

I love it.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

robkelk Wrote:"Reinforce Zewi! I choose you!"

"No way - it's dangerous out there!"

"Starlight Breaker~!"

"Team Rocket's blasting off again~!"

But seriously, Nanoha would make for an extremely hard Gym Leader!  And imagine what Pokemon she and the others might use...

(Of course, it's practically a given that Fate would use Electric-types, Signum would use Fire-types, and Caro would use Dragon-types, but I'm not so sure on the rest...)

Hm, I had an all-Dark-plus-the-bravest-Gardevoir-in-the-world team that was pretty good in 4th gen. The aforementioned Gardevoir, Houndoom, Cacturne, Spiritomb, Honchcrow, and... arg, Sneasel's evolution, can't remember what it's called. Probably not something that would have been competitive with dedicated versus PvP battlers, but they rocked around the game map. Don't know who they might fit though, if anyone. Original Reinforce, or maybe Zest? Have Agito stand in for Gardevoir.

Even though there's no reason anyone should care, this has been bothering until I realised what I'd gotten wrong - namely, it was 3rd gen, not 4th, with a Murkrow rather than Honchkrow and Sharpedo instead of Spiritomb (who isn't Dark type anyway) - between the various Dark types they have all the Emerald HMs, leaving the Gardevoir free for a full egg move set of Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Psychic, and Teleport. Murkrow as an unevolved type is the weak link there, but it's the only Dark type I could find that can learn Fly. Sneasel isn't much better (Dark/Ice has some nasty weaknesses) but has Cut and Ice moves for dealing with Dragons and inflicting Freeze. In any case, this is the team I liked so much I started a new game and rebuilt using cheat codes so they could be in the "trophy image" of pokemon used the first time you beat the League bosses.
--

Quote:Tennie wrote:
But seriously, Nanoha would make for an extremely hard Gym Leader!  And imagine what Pokemon she and the others might use...

(Of course, it's practically a given that Fate would use Electric-types, Signum would use Fire-types, and Caro would use Dragon-types, but I'm not so sure on the rest...)
Nanoha?  Fairy, I'd say... or maybe a multi-type gym themed around beam-type moves.  Hyper Beam would be her preference.
Between Yuuno and Zafira, Steel is fairly well sewn up.
Vita?  Fighting.  Full stop.
Hayate would be a wandering trainer, or a champion.  Too many elements.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Bluemage Wrote:Hayate would be a wandering trainer, or a champion.

(Bolded for emphasis.)

Champion Hayate?  I have little doubt that she'll be a challenge for even, say, Sinnoh's Champion Cynthia (and that lady's Pokemon team is notoriously hardcore).  Sure, her team may consist mainly of "glass-cannon"-types (all attack, little to no defense), but your Pokemon ought to have some insanely high defense-related stats in order to survive long enough to get some decent hits in!

Start with a variant of the "daemon" concept from Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" setting. Specifically, rather than everyone being able to see and interact with one another's daemons, each person can only see, hear, touch, and otherwise interact with his or her own daemon. (But daemons can still perceive and interact with one another without restriction.)

Then, with that idea in mind, consider Calvin and Hobbes.

The question would then be why Calvin seems to be the only one with a daemon (our one brief glimpse of Susie Derkins in conversation with what previously looked like a stuffed rabbit aside). There could be multiple possible answers, but the easiest one that springs to mind would be that the world is beginning to transition from one in which people do not have (or at least cannot perceive) daemons to one in which they do... and Calvin happens to be one of the first people to be born into the new paradigm.

It seems to me that it ought to be possible to do some interesting things with that.

(...I'm intentionally not trying to address what it might imply that Calvin's soul manifests as a tiger.)

The issue there is that at one point Calvin left Hobbes at home by accident when going on vacation.  When they went back for him the house was not being robbed... as in they fled the house so fast that they left their tools behind.  The issue then is that stuffed Hobbes was also in a different room than when they left on top of something too tall for Calvin to put him on.  This was noted by Calvin's mom.  Hobbes left it open whether or not he claims to have eaten them.
This means at the very least Hobbes can move around his stuffed animal body on his own.  This would explain the Calvin tackled when opening the front door thing.  This mean Hobbes can physically interact with the world.
The issue of Hobbes and Suzy having conversations is also up in the air as if she can see him, though this could be Suzy and/or Hobbes trolling Calvin.

I intended the "Calvin tackled while opening the front door" thing to be explained by the fact that people can touch, and otherwise interact with, their own daemons; in this case, it would be the daemon "interacting with" him.

As to the others - very likely this would need to be at least mildly AU for Calvin and Hobbes, on top of the significant change on the HDM side; I certainly don't think we need to assume that everything depicted in the strip happened verbatim, or even necessarily at all.

I've considered the possibility of there not actually being a physical stuffed-animal Hobbes involved, or if there is, either it only served as the inspiration for what form Hobbes would take or it's used as a type of camouflage so that people who don't know about daemons can at least think they know what Calvin is talking about when he mentions Hobbes.

I don't remember Suzy and Hobbes having conversations at all...

...The Doctor instantly knew there was something *off* about them. Neither one quite fit in here, despite their entirely correct clothing. He quickly scanned them with his sonic, and the readings confirmed it. "Just what are you two doing here, so far outside your own timestream?" he asked.

The two straighten up from the body of the unconscious native. "I'm Dr. Doug Phillips; this is Dr. Tony Newman. We *were* trying to get off this island before the volcano," indicating the peak in the distance, "erupts, but it would appear something sinister is going on here. And how do *you* know we're time-displaced?"

The Doctor smiled. "Oh, I've a *bit* of experience with it. Jelly Baby?"

Dr. Who (The Fourth Doctor)/The Time Tunnel "Crack of Doom"

In light of the recent... special episode:

The Doctor's 13 Wherein The Doctor (ALL 11(13?) of him!) engage in a madcap time-space caper best described as the bastard love child of The Pink Panther, Ocean's 11/12/13, Mission Impossible, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Which, essentially, makes it "The End Of Time" with a MUCH bigger budget and no problems with that darned actor-mortality problem....

"I'm Spartac-- I mean, The Doctor!"

Soundtrack by The Who (hey, can't let Daft Punk have all the fun), headlined by (of course) "Who Are You?" (Arrangements by DJ-K9)

Clip: All 13(14?) Doctors slide on shades while "YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" plays at full volume from... somewhere....

The class of one Ms. Frizzle receive three new transfer students.  Their names are Nanoha Takamachi, Fate Testarossa, and Hayate Yagami...

Fifty Zanatos pile up? Fifty Zanatos pile up.

Bruce Wayne (In any of the Dark Knight movies really, but the first one this time around.) is the subject of Alfred's worry, and for some damn good reasons too. (The League of shadows...)

But unbeknownst to most people, Frank Moses owes Alfred a few favors. This is DURING the first movie that Alfred calls Frank right before the whole "Morgan Freeman get's shot" part.

If First Batman beyond movie: Jason Bourne (Movie-verse, so people don;t have to read all the books.) stumbles upon a KA agent (Russian sleeper agent in the Movie Salt), and realizes that the guy's a sleeper agent immediately. Assuming that Jason Bourne just blew his cover, and Jason assuming that the KA agent is actually another Treadstone agent, Jason kills him.

The Sleeper agent was CIA, and one Evelyn Salt (Movie Salt) is put on the job to catch Bourne, by both the CIA and KA, since Bourne interrupted an extremely important mission for the KA/CIA agent in question. This agent was Marissa's Boss. (the Movie, Hanna) Salt is informed by the KA of the dead agent's mission.

The KA, at one point, wanted SUPER Sleeper agents while making the CIA eat the cost, and Hanna would have been the first of these super spies.

Bourne flees to Gotham after receiving an invite to the League of Shadows by Ra's al Ghul, with the promise of telling him of his past. Salt is quick to follow.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith (From the movie, a few years after the movie.) have received a contract (From an Russian company competing with Wayne industries.) assassinate Bruce Wayne. They take it.

This Russian company is a arm of the KA (Salt.) They want Bruce dead because he is a threat to the company, but do not want to activate any of their sleeper agents to do end him.

Hanna finds out in greater detail about her past, and discovers that the person with all the answers was killed by Jason Bourne, so she track's him to Gotham.

The Fraternity (Wanted) has issued a contract to assassinate Ra's al Ghul. (Slone did this once he learned that they wish to strike Bruce Wayne down, believing that he would be good for the company, and thus their wallets.)

Quote:Timote wrote:
Quote:blackaeronaut wrote:
Don't they portray Alfred in some version as being former SAS?
sometimes.  I've also seen him portrayed as an ex-MI5 agent.
Depending on which DC-Earth, A. Pennyworth ranges from being retired MI-6 to just the Wayne family Buttler.So A. Pennyworth is priceless.
Cool.
Quote:Manytales00 wrote:
Quote:Timote wrote:
Quote:blackaeronaut wrote:
Don't they portray Alfred in some version as being former SAS?
sometimes.  I've also seen him portrayed as an ex-MI5 agent.
Depending on which DC-Earth, A. Pennyworth ranges from being retired MI-6 to just the Wayne family Buttler.So A. Pennyworth is priceless.
Awesome.
Could you imagine Hannah and Hit Girl growing up together from age 12 and up, with people like Jason Bourne watching over them?
Edit: And the number of Angalena Jolies and Morgan Freemens is going to make thing's a wee bit awkward.
Honestly, I was thinking about writing this also, but I already got my hands full with Adventures in Babysiting, a Kingdom hearts story, and a side project.

First off Thesilentjackofalltrade, your avatar keeps registering as the face of Richard from 'Looking for Group'... I hope this was intentional as its freaking me out that this is happening every few seconds and I stared at it for a while to make sure it wasn't an animated gif.  I get its a tornado backlit by a lightning bolt... but that effect is creepy.
---
Second, as there is a show I don't watch currently on, I want to saw 'Orphan Black' is its name, that has a person dealing with the surplus of me's issue, I'd just say its the effects of some cloning experiment and they were suppose to meet... making this a further cluster, at least with Angalena Jolies.  Morgan Freeman its that they are all related and the have one of those family faces that melts into the same thing going on.
For a sequel, I'd go with things going off again as something about Sleeper Agents in Gotham natural radiating a giant 'Use me as an example' to the Joker... to the point basically every single person he actually kills is one.  Add in thing where he successfully torches half the mobs cash... everyone tries to go for it at once.  The Joker leaves it to burn for a bit as one of the minions complains about the lack of marshmallows to roast and he thought that hilarious,.  When they get back, a whole ten minutes later, the place is for no reason the minions can understand a sea of corpses. the flaming cash pile remains a flaming cash pile.  The Joker responds that this is the reason they didn't bother to steal any chairs.
This is just me, but the idea that The Joker acts like The Joker and the spies don't get it amuses me greatly... him purposefully spamming nonsense conflicting stories that every spy group takes as serious amuses me.  Then again the Joker surviving his fall off the building, because of doing an impression of a pachinko ball off spies amuses me too.  So this just may be me.

Quote:Necratoid wrote:

First off Thesilentjackofalltrade, your avatar keeps registering as the face of Richard from 'Looking for Group'... I hope this was intentional as its freaking me out that this is happening every few seconds and I stared at it for a while to make sure it wasn't an animated gif.  I get its a tornado backlit by a lightning bolt... but that effect is creepy.
---
Second, as there is a show I don't watch currently on, I want to saw 'Orphan Black' is its name, that has a person dealing with the surplus of me's issue, I'd just say its the effects of some cloning experiment and they were suppose to meet... making this a further cluster, at least with Angalena Jolies.  Morgan Freeman its that they are all related and the have one of those family faces that melts into the same thing going on.
For a sequel, I'd go with things going off again as something about Sleeper Agents in Gotham natural radiating a giant 'Use me as an example' to the Joker... to the point basically every single person he actually kills is one.  Add in thing where he successfully torches half the mobs cash... everyone tries to go for it at once.  The Joker leaves it to burn for a bit as one of the minions complains about the lack of marshmallows to roast and he thought that hilarious,.  When they get back, a whole ten minutes later, the place is for no reason the minions can understand a sea of corpses. the flaming cash pile remains a flaming cash pile.  The Joker responds that this is the reason they didn't bother to steal any chairs.
This is just me, but the idea that The Joker acts like The Joker and the spies don't get it amuses me greatly... him purposefully spamming nonsense conflicting stories that every spy group takes as serious amuses me.  Then again the Joker surviving his fall off the building, because of doing an impression of a pachinko ball off spies amuses me too.  So this just may be me.
Avatar: Huh. I'm not doing that...have not changed my Avatar for a LONG time...but now I am tempted to do it. [Image: drevil.gif]
Orphan Black: Willing to look into it, it would fix my issue with the Angelina Jolie's.
Joker: The Joker, at least for me, is hard to write. With this being a mass crossover, (Batman, Red, Kick-Ass, Jason Bourne, Wanted, Hanna, Salt, Mr. & Mrs. Smith...I was even thinking of throwing in the latest James Bond movies.) I would have to think VERY hard about character interaction between the Joker and people ranging from professional polite, (Jason Bourne) to professional rude (Hit girl). Then the emotionless (Hanna) to many emotional (Yet professional to an extent.) characters like Wesly (Wanted.). They you got the few crazies like Marvin (Crazy dude in Red.)

Ah. I remember this old idea. Originally it was just the idea of Jason Bourne and Salt somehow coming across little Hanna and taking her under their respective wings... and it got a little outta hand. ^_^;

[Image: BatmanMrFixitampPatch_zps8d7476c3.jpg]
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.