Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
the newest eyrie is out early this year....
RE: the newest eyrie is out early this year....
Part III, Whoever Fights Monsters, is up.

the New page Wrote:In the next episode of Friends Like These, Kaban and company get an inkling of why the Lost City of Renraku was lost. And who is their mysterious new Friend?

http://www.eyrie-productions.com/UF/FI/JPARK/flt03.html
I have to say, Cute Anime Animal Girls vs Robot Hannibal Lector went a lot better than I expected.
*SNERK* Sorry, MD, but Cute Anime Animal FRIENDS Really do triumph over Everything. ESPECIALLY over psychotic, cannibalistic, Predicons.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
(11-25-2019, 05:41 AM)Star Ranger4 Wrote: *SNERK*  Sorry, MD, but Cute Anime Animal FRIENDS  Really do triumph over Everything.  ESPECIALLY over psychotic, cannibalistic, Predicons.

Yes, but my initial reaction is still 'ohhhhh, that ain't gonna be pretty.'

Luckily, nearly immortal spark stands no chance against the Ultimate Atomic Breath Attack.
(11-25-2019, 05:48 AM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: Yes, but my initial reaction is still 'ohhhhh, that ain't gonna be pretty.'

Luckily, nearly immortal spark stands no chance against the Ultimate Atomic Breath Attack.

Much truth there MD.  *Falls over laughing*
NO QUARTER!

And, as promised, Part 4, in which quite a bit of exposition is neatly delivered, is available.
NO QUARTER!

(11-27-2019, 02:06 PM)Star Ranger4 Wrote: And, as promised, Part 4, in which quite a bit of exposition is neatly delivered, is available.

In case you couldn't extrapolate the URL from the extant links, that's http://www.eyrie-productions.com/UF/FI/JPARK/flt04.html
bah. knew I forgot something
NO QUARTER!

(11-27-2019, 02:06 PM)Star Ranger4 Wrote: And, as promised, Part 4, in which quite a bit of exposition is neatly delivered, is available.
Which is right here!
The concluding instalments, and collected edition, of Friends Like These are live:

http://www.eyrie-productions.com/UF/FI/JPARK/flt05.html
http://www.eyrie-productions.com/UF/FI/JPARK/flt06.html
http://www.eyrie-productions.com/UF/FI/J...piled.html

(Part V actually went live last week, but those of us who noticed forgot to say anything. I know I did; my bad. I wasn't twying to step to you ow anything. We'we still cool?)
Apparently Goji-chan is based on a long running series of fancomics where we have frickin' Shin Gojira as a Friend in Japari Park.

Who knew? Wink

Personally, I'm loving the idea that Queen Mothra and The Big G had a kid together, and that kid is Goji-chan.
A Hatsuni Miku Mini-story

http://www.eyrie-productions.com/Forum-d...4/191.html
The story that picks up where The Mother of Invention left off is here!

The Whats New Page Wrote:Abhi Gupta and her newly-created Vocaloid best friend, Teto Kasane, have three months to get to Turing III. Rin Kagamine and Gumi have promised to get them there. Problem: They're on Earth under the Fog occupation, and exit routes are limited. Solution: Road trip! The Vocaloid Variations: Don't Look Back
Another adoptee arrives at St. Spyridon's Home for Wayward Characters.

Quote:Thicker Than Water, an Our Witches at War Special Mini-Series, starts here! Shortly after arriving in 1946, the First Lensman and his intrepid Lenshound set out on a brief shopping trip that takes a most peculiar turn, as they discover that the Alsatian countryside holds strange secrets—some far older than the Neuroi invasion. What awaits within "La Maison Écarlate"?
'OWaWThicker Than Water continues. Gryphon and Wolfgang are stuck for a month in a crumbling old mansion with a vampire. What could possibly go wrong? Act II: "La Deuxième"'
This time, I'm actually keeping more or less up.

'In the next installment of OWaWThicker Than Water: The dweller in the darkness beneath Maison Diable Écarlate is revealed, and with her, Remilia's darkest secret. For Gryphon and Wolfgang, the question now is twofold. Can they help... and do they dare try? Act III: "Jus Sanguinis"'

Warning: your eyes may not exactly remain dry. Mine managed, barely. Gryphon's apparently didn't.
Eric Overmyer Wrote:Before we descend into a welter of obscure pronouns, here's the plot...

'This time in OWaWThicker Than Water: The new moon has passed at Scarlet Devil Mansion, and Gryphon and Wolfgang have a new project. Is the First Lensman in over his head? (ED. NOTE: Almost certainly.) Act IV: "Chanson de la Nuit"'
'The next full moon has arrived in OWaWThicker Than Water. One of the Scarlet sisters has plans to mark the occasion. Possibly so does the other... Act V: "Fièvre de la Pleine Lune"'
'And now, the conclusion of OWaWThicker Than Water. Flandre is out of control, Gryphon is out of commission, and Remilia is running out of options. Even with unexpected backup, our heroes have a long way to go before they reach the end of the "Nuit aux Mille Poignards".'

'Also now available: an omnibus edition of Our Witches at WarThicker Than Water—all six acts in a single file, with table of contents.'
Oh shit.

So THAT'S what he was up to with Remilia Scarlet!?

Well SHIT.

(Just to note, I've been slowly making my way through OWaW before starting on Thicker Than Water. I'd only seen that he had a sudden interest in the character on the EPU Forums, where I pointed out that Touhou Project is well known for its plethora of very colorful characters.)
Ah yes, the Battle of Flandre's Field.

How would one get started in the Touhou fandom anyway? I'm really only familiar with these characters through H doujinshi, lol.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Part of the trouble with the games is that they are strictly keyboard control only.

Which means your movements have only two speeds: Dead Still and VROOOM!!!

With a grand total of eight directions to move in.

In a bullet hell game.

The die-hard fans are real elitist ass holes who are far more autistic than I am and see nothing wrong with horrible racist humor.  (In the early days, there was a lot of signal noise from /b/, and not from the parts that actually were funny.)

Best bet is to try reading about the various games in the semi-official touhou wiki.  They include scripts, and trust me, you aren't missing out on much in that way.

And then try reading A Wizard is You by Demetrious, which brings a DnD Wizard into the Touhou Universe, along with a set of Traveling Luggage from the plane that Twoflowers hails from.

Of course, shenanigans en-fucking-sue, and only in the most beautiful way possible because despite seeming like crack, no one is out of character at all!

Yes, they are all that fucking insane (not just The Wizard) and it is glorious.

https://www.touhou-project.com/th/res/123033.html
In the immortal words of Peter Gabriel, I've been waiting for this.

'You thought it was finished, I thought it was finished, but OWaWThicker Than Water had other ideas. During the Night of a Thousand Daggers, Gryphon promised to tell Remilia the full story of who he is and where he came from, if she still wanted to know when it was all over. Tonight she's calling in that promise. I'm sure it'll be fine. Act VII: "Nocturne Historique"'
TTW Interlude: Late for Work

'This wouldn't have fit into the narrative of Acts V–VI, and it also would have given away not one but two character reveals I wanted to be surprises, but it was too cute to throw away.

Oh, uh, and if the above didn't make it obvious, if you haven't read Acts V through... well, VII, really... yet, you should before you read this.'
As the Old Philologist put it, the tale grew in the telling. Not an update as such, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

'After some consideration, Our Witches at WarThicker Than Water has a new home! TTW is now Book 1 of its own OWaW sub-series, Gallian Gothic: A Romance in Wartime, and should, gods willing and the creek don't rise, conclude with the forthcoming TTW Act VIII. NOTE: The earlier TTW links below will still work, but will not go to the most current versions of the files.'