Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
the newest eyrie is out early this year....
RE: the newest eyrie is out early this year....
G gives us a look at the Fall of Petrograd and how the flower of comradeship blossoms even in the deepest of snows in:

Part 1:  Witches in Winter
http://www.eyrie-productions.com/UF/FI/5...rad01.html
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Quote:Part 1: Witches in Winter
Heh. Someone's been listening to Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I'm fairly sure that's probably going to be the soundtrack for the entire thing, if the trend in the first bit holds true.
Part II: The Wisdom of Snow is out.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
'The conclusion of the Our Witches at War Christmas special is here. With the evacuation of the Orussian capital underway, Eila and the 586th await the call to play their final part in The Fall of PetrogradAct III: "Christmas Eve (Petrograd 12/24)".'
Quote:Our Fighting Fleet returns as a two-part Our Witches at War episode! You've seen some of Part 1 before, but now it's been integrated into the main narrative of Season 2. As the Operation Hammer team make their way home from Neukarlsland, Gryphon arrives in Britannia, where the Imperial Fuso Navy has an interesting problem for him in Our Fighting Fleet, Part 1: "H&H Ltd., Shipwrights"! 2017/12/27
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
It doesn't show up on the What's New page, so one could be excused for having missed that the first mini-story of 2018 is on the appropriate forum, as a key step from Manhunt to Crossroads begins with Admiral Nogura's attempt to put one of Starfleet's stars Out to Pasture:

http://www.eyrie-productions.com/Forum/d...e=threaded
Nice!

And I had the overture from Wrath of Khan going on in the back of my head for the last part of the story. Big Grin
it may not be early, but it's out! the latest installment in the adventures of the sato academy light music club is out: http://www.eyrie-productions.com/UF/FI/O.../ch16.html
Not actually out yet, early or even late, but promised to be coming soon™: Romance of Combined Fleet Record, Vol. 1

The justifiably infamous Benjamin D. Hutchins Wrote:Under heavy construction these past few days, probably out later this week or this weekend.

For those of you who haven't already clicked the link, it's got a preview vignette featuring everyone's favorite slightly spacey Fog heavy cruiser and her minder. Or possibly everyone's favorite aloof Fog fast battleship and her handler. Either way, Gryphon has to admit that "the Kongō & Maya Show has kind of shoplifted this whole volume." (I admire his restraint in not calling it the Kongō & Maya Carnival.)
And it's out.
-- Bob

On the What\s New page, Gryphon Wrote:The Federation Lives Forever! continues: at the senior band's invitation, the Sato Academy Light Music Club's junior band is heading for Mount Weitang, and each team has a surprise or two for the other. Chapter Seventeen: "Welcome to the Pleasure Dome"

On the forums, Gryphon estimates that there are only two more chapters to go. We'll see if the current frantic pace keeps up.
Romance of Combined Fleet Record 2: Open for Business

"Will all present submarines surface before we continue the briefing?"
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
HAH!!! Someone's been reading Belated Battleships!!! Big Grin
(09-15-2018, 04:02 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: HAH!!!  Someone's been reading Belated Battleships!!!  Big Grin

I thought the same thing.
(09-15-2018, 04:02 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: HAH!!!  Someone's been reading Belated Battleships!!!  Big Grin

Reading? Phil's been doing art for it Tongue
New mini story: "DSMP-PF02: Mail Call"
http://www.eyrie-productions.com/Forum-d...4/189.html
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
(08-18-2018, 08:38 PM)Mamorien Wrote:
On the What\s New page, Gryphon Wrote:The Federation Lives Forever! continues: at the senior band's invitation, the Sato Academy Light Music Club's junior band is heading for Mount Weitang, and each team has a surprise or two for the other. Chapter Seventeen: "Welcome to the Pleasure Dome"

On the forums, Gryphon estimates that there are only two more chapters to go. We'll see if the current frantic pace keeps up.

Well, something finally happened:

Quote:Now in The Federation Lives Forever!: With the whole Light Music Club together in one place and the Art of Noise arriving soon, the stage is set for the girls to show their mentors what they've learned—and Hōkago Tea Time has something unexpected in the works. Chapter Eighteen: "The Real Relation"

There's an underlying theme, but I'll let you discover it for yourselves. Wink
There's a new mini-story hot off the presses! In 1963 (once or twice removed), Charlotte Yeager is called back into service for a mission that will take her Higher, Faster, Farther than nearly any witch, even Shirley herself, has gone before!

Gryphon Wrote:This item aired as part of the 2411 Avalon County NAS Society telethon. It was billed as a "Might-Be Future" continuation of Our Witches at War, in which capacity it was instantly and heartily controversial among fans of the show. Some of those who came out against it cried spoilers; others objected to its darker tone (there was significant overlap there with the people who didn't like The Fall of Petrograd). The piece raised the most money by far of any individual segment of the telethon, however.
(06-10-2019, 04:38 PM)Mamorien Wrote: Well, something finally happened:

the newest eyrie is out late this year...
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Gryphon Wrote:It's the conclusion of The Federation Lives Forever! Private plans come to public fruition as the Light Music Club's senior band prepares for the field trip of a lifetime in Chapter 19: "Who Do You Love"

(Inspection of my timeline file shows that its events happen more or less contemporaneously with CSI: New Avalon's "Upward Mobility" and "Outward Trajectory". This has been another *WHAM!* Useless Fact™.)
In celebration of the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 and the lunar landing.  Gryphon has released the 5th excerpt of Challenging the Cold Silence, the story of Avatar Korra's trip to the moon.

http://www.eyrie.net/UF/FI/TLOK/CTCS/
As hinted on the forums, the story that became inevitable the moment Gryphon discovered the Seiun-winning Kemono Friends is upon us at last. Return to Meta Eridani III, once known as Natureworld, many years after the events of Flesh and Steel, in The Forbidden City, first of the FI four-parter Friends Like These: From the Chronicles of Japari Park.

http://www.eyrie-productions.com/UF/FI/JPARK/flt01.html
And part 2 here:
http://www.eyrie-productions.com/UF/FI/JPARK/flt02.html
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children