Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be 19: Making no sense, right from the gecko
And now for something that's NOT a computer programming pun...
So, after watching the "Fast to the Future" fan trailer, my mind went Bad Places...
"Aright listen up! The guys we're after are professional runners. They like time banditry and are guaranteed to go down the timey-wimiest, wibbly-wobbliest possible way so make sure you've got your thunderwear on. We find 'em, we take 'em as a team, and we bring 'em back. And above all else we don't ever, ever let them get into time machines."

"Dom... we don't have enough room to get up to 88."
"That's what terminal velocity is for."
(obviously, the Flight mods are on the fritz, or haven't been installed yet.  Also, "Oohhhhhh SHHIIIIIIIIII---")

"What, we working for The Doctor now?"
(and now, a pause while considering The Doc as played by The Rock.  Yeah, I'd give that a shot)

I'm now imagining Matt Smith going "Do you KNOW, what the DOC, is COOKIN?"

And laughing my face off at the idea.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

We've switched Tomoyo Daidouji (Cardcaptor Sakura) anf Tomoyo Sakagawa (CLANNAD).  Let's see what happens in both continuities!

Asterix and Obelix: World Police

With the song "Armorica, Fuck Yeah!"
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

We've switched Rei Hino for Ray Vecchio. Let's see which city gets blown up first, Chicago or Tokyo.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Faced with the menace of Koro-sensei, the Earth's governments develop a weapon that can blast a limited volume out of this dimension entirely! Sure it's a little drastic but when you're faced with imminent world destruction, sometimes you need drastic. The weapon is deployed on the way back from Class 3-E's summer vacation since it's easier to cover things up if all that vanishes is one small boat in the middle of the ocean. The cover story practically writes itself.
Sure, it's a bit rough on the entire class of middle-schoolers on the boat but they'd die anyway if the Earth is destroyed and the School Chairman assures the governments that no one important is being lost and he's happy to donate the school's boat to the cause of getting rid of Class 3-E... of Koro-sensei.

All very well for that world, but where to Class 3-E wind up?

Lots of possibilities for a crossover, but what about... Naruto?

Sure, the kids aren't going to be chakra-users so they aren't going to be any match for Narutoverse ninja in combat, but they aren't being trained for combat. (and if combat is required, Karasuma is pretty good, not to mention Kuro-sensei is at least S-rank). They could very easily become a minor faction in their own right. Plus Kuro-sensei would probably delight in dressing as a Kage.

-----

There's also another story possibility.

Replace Koro-sensei with Piccolo from DBZ.

Evidently inhuman? Check
Practically invincible? Check
Destroyed the Moon? Check
Teacher? Check (well, taught Gohan).
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban.
Huh:That's Maoyuu Maou Yuusha and Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban.

Have you heard anything about the thinking-man's parody game, MYSTery Science Theater 3000?
--
Rob Kelk

Inspired by the screen name of our newest member:

The Three Pony Opera

Alas, all anyone remembers from it is "The Ballad of Big Mac the Knife"
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:drakensis wrote:
All very well for that world, but where to Class 3-E wind up?

Lots of possibilities for a crossover, but what about... Naruto?

Sure, the kids aren't going to be chakra-users so they aren't going to be any match for Narutoverse ninja in combat, but they aren't being trained for combat. (and if combat is required, Karasuma is pretty good, not to mention Kuro-sensei is at least S-rank). They could very easily become a minor faction in their own right. Plus Kuro-sensei would probably delight in dressing as a Kage.
Note that, unless we're taking small liberties with AssClass canon, they'll know about the universe they're in now. At one point, Koro-sensei makes Terasaka the butt of a Naruto joke, and Fuwa's a big Shonen Jump fan. (Yes, this is totally shameless on Jump's part.) And Naruto is one of the most popular manga in Japan, so a number of other students are probably going to have some level of knowledge or another.
(There's also the fact that Xbeb-frafrv unf yrff guna n lrne gb yvir to consider...)

Pronounced "shy guy."

Shay Guy Wrote:Fuwa's a big Shonen Jump fan. (Yes, this is totally shameless on Jump's part.)

Or on the part of SJ artists. Love Aikawa, of BLEACH's Visored, is established as a Jump reader. (I wonder if, in that world, ZOMBIEPOWDER. is still running...)

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Have you heard anything about the thinking-man's parody game, MYSTery Science Theater 3000?
  No, but I just had an idea for a great new series... no, a new thing for the Film Room at cons:  Mythbuster Science Theatre 3000.  Basically, all the Mythbusters blooper reels mashed into one supercut, with audience involvement for snarky comments.  Bonus points for keeping track of who's taken more wounds, Tori or Adam.

Mamorien Wrote:
Shay Guy Wrote:Fuwa's a big Shonen Jump fan. (Yes, this is totally shameless on Jump's part.)

Or on the part of SJ artists. Love Aikawa, of BLEACH's Visored, is established as a Jump reader. (I wonder if, in that world, ZOMBIEPOWDER. is still running...)
"SJ artists"? Bringing Munchkin and GURPS into this Crossover that Should Not Be, are we?
--
Rob Kelk

GURPS is pretty much made to enable crossovers, and Munchkin would fit right into the Narutoverse, if perhaps set on whatever the other continent was from the movie with the Europan-style knights who used "gelel" rather than "chakra." Not seeing any issues there, unless you count a Pyramid subscription. I hear it's big in Wind Country.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Around here there used to be an ISO-Standard Random Campaign Generator.

Walk down the GURPS aisle at the FLGS.
Close your eyes.
Pick three books.

I tried this once. Ended up with Feudal Japan, Prime Directive, and Black Ops. "Right. Section 31, Temporal Division."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Quote:ECSNorway wrote:
Around here there used to be an ISO-Standard Random Campaign Generator.

Walk down the GURPS aisle at the FLGS.
Close your eyes.
Pick three books.

I tried this once. Ended up with Feudal Japan, Prime Directive, and Black Ops. "Right. Section 31, Temporal Division."
Despite Jim Kirk's cavalier attitude about the Temporal Prime Directive, he's only Number Two on the Temporal Division's Most Wanted. The top spot is reserved for an irritating alien in a blue box....

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

On his first ride on the Hogwarts Express, Draco Malfoy encounters a thin pale red-head and throws the usual insults about Weasleys, poverty, etc.

"Actually I'm Tarvek Sturmvoraus but I'll be sure to share your family's pretensions with the rest of my family."

Brushing aside the pale-faced Malfoy, now recognising the name of an ancient and royal House from central Europe, Tarvek goes on to befriend two (apparently) muggleborn students: Gilgamesh Holzfäller, ward of the mysterious but puissant german wizard, Baron Wulfenbach, and Agatha Clay...

Edit: EDITED!
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

drakensis Wrote:On his first ride on the Hogwarts Express, Draco Malfoy enters a thin pale red-head ...
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
--
Rob Kelk

Oh my gods that would be hysterical

We've just swapped Pinkie the Lab Rat with Pinkie Pie. Oddly enough, nothing much changes, at the macro level....

Bonus non-crossover:
This fall, HBO presents:
GAME OF PHONES
"Deregulation is coming"

Game of Phonies, where antropomorphic bug ponies try to pass themselves off as humans and achieve control of a vaguely 19th century society with the help of magical phones!

I've been thinking a bit about how similar (yet different) To The Stars and the Lensman series are . . . .

Ukyou Kuonji, Osaka Naru, Mitsune Konno, Ayumu Kasuga, Shizuru Fujino, Hayate Yagami and a couple dozen other girls with similar manners of speaking suddenly find themselves representing Japanese battleships from World War II, under the command of an unsuspecting, innocent admiral in... Kansai Collection.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Ukyou Kuonji, Osaka Naru, Mitsune Konno, Ayumu Kasuga, Shizuru Fujino, Hayate Yagami and a couple dozen other girls with similar manners of speaking suddenly find themselves representing Japanese battleships from World War II, under the command of an unsuspecting, innocent admiral in... Kansai Collection.

"...I just felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if numerous Abyssal Ship Girls suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced..."

Quote:Tennie wrote:
Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Ukyou Kuonji, Osaka Naru, Mitsune Konno, Ayumu Kasuga, Shizuru Fujino, Hayate Yagami and a couple dozen other girls with similar manners of speaking suddenly find themselves representing Japanese battleships from World War II, under the command of an unsuspecting, innocent admiral in... Kansai Collection.

"...I just felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if numerous Abyssal Ship Girls suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced whacked over the head with a paper fan..."
Fixed that for you.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.