Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that Should Be: Convergence of Secret Crisis Wars Across Infinite Fictions!

What makes you think the show doesn't -need- a Gilgamesh?
ETA:
I can just see it now. Gil's ego is so thorough that he transcends space and time to appear in any Holy Grail War he wants to.
"Gil, what are you doing here? This is supposed to be for teams of artificers, not mythic heroes."
"So? I am the King of All, including Artificers. I wish to take part in this war, therefore I shall."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Quote:ECSNorway wrote:
ETA:
I can just see it now. Gil's ego is so thorough that he transcends space and time to appear in any Holy Grail War he wants to.
"Gil, what are you doing here? This is supposed to be for teams of artificers, not mythic heroes."
"So? I am the King of All, including Artificers. I wish to take part in this war, therefore I shall."
Um... the one of the male leads of "Girl Genius" is Gilgamesh Wulfenbach.

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Quote:Ebony wrote:
ETA:
Um... the one of the male leads of "Girl Genius" is Gilgamesh Wulfenbach.

Well there you go!
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Not sure if this is a CTSNB or a CTMB...
Doctors Frasier and Niles Crane move back to the East Coast and resume their psychiatric practice, on behalf of a very special patient. Good thing, too, as the city is in dire need of a few *competent* psychiatrists.
And after all, no matter how long he's been in Arkham Asylum, their cousin Jonathan desperately needs both help and family around him.

What Makes You Tick?

Is it the mightiness? The blue body suit? The battle cry maybe?

SPOOOON!

If chicks don't dig the battle cry, they're not the kind of chicks you want digging you. Still even given all of those, why wear the suit, why shout the battle cry, why trust in might you only personally know from a silly cartoon, when it's suddenly you, in a live-action world, having suddenly been transferred or copied or having developed delusions of a more normal life in a world without super-powered crazies running around in their underwear looking for trouble?

Maybe it's just destiny...

----

...aaand that's where I ran out of steam, as usual. Could be a straight Tickverse SI, could be the start of a Worm CYOA type story where the MC just has Tick powers, or possibly Browbeat's for a lower power level since his costume is blue also IIRC, or any other comic book type setting, or even a non-comic book setting for even greater lols. Tick joins the Fellowship of the Ring? Rides a robot zombie dinosaur with Harry Dresden? Foils the Cardassian recapture of Deep Space Nine? Any of those sound cool to me.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Ambush bug: I tried on this alien suit, as a bit of a Joke. When I tried to take it off the Zipper stuck. Attempts to have the zipper repaired (by some body else) cause random Teleportation of the suit and Wearer. Then the Military got involved. ...

A picture over in SV's advice and trust thread gave me an idea!

NGE: The Purge,

I'm not sure where in the series it would go (somewhere between Kowaru's arrival and death) the "annual Purge" is announced, and Rei and Kowaru mask up and start hunting.

So, I'm kicking around waiting for my flight home from WorldCon, reading SB and SV 'fics, and...
Belated Battleships  and The Last Angel.

Way back at the end of 2011, Philip Sandifer wrote the TARDIS Eruditorum post "A Trickster or a Warrior (The Ribos Operation)", included in TARDIS Eruditorum Volume 5: Tom Baker and the Williams Years, which I picked up for my Nook as part of my backer reward for Neoreaction a Basilisk. Reading it on the recent drive to the family vacation cottage, I found a passage that I hadn't noticed in the web version, but which was there:

Quote:Ribos is recognizably a medieval planet with obvious parallels to Earth. So not only do the same conflicts play out on different scales, they play out across different iterations of history. Similarly, the conflict between Ribos's gods is seen to simply be the shifting of the planet's very long seasons, and so the conflicts further play out in the realm of man and the realm of nature.

The parallels leaped out and kicked my brain in the teeth, and I wrote a sticky annotation in the eBook asking "Ribos = Planetos?" If so, the Doctor's visit presumably happens so far from the events of ASoIaF (in one direction or another) that nobody at the later point remembers the one that happened earlier.

Ryoji Kaji has gone and gotten some -competent- assistance from, well, rather far afield.

Yes, folks, Tokyo-3 is about to meet the delightful tag-team of Anton Zilwicki and Victor Cachat.

Tremble, SEELE. Tremble in fear.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Ryoji Kaji has gone and gotten some -competent- assistance from, well, rather far afield.

Yes, folks, Tokyo-3 is about to meet the delightful tag-team of Anton Zilwicki and Victor Cachat.

Tremble, SEELE. Tremble in fear.

YES, ALL MY YES. I don't care how but I so want to see this.

It's 1965, and we've just swapped Adam West and William Shatner.

(Think about it. Think about speech patterns)

Quote:SkyeFire wrote:
It's 1965, and we've just swapped Adam West and William Shatner.

(Think about it. Think about speech patterns)
Does this mean that we would get a more competent Captain Kirk?

Yeah, but the Klingons will have white skin and green hair.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Yeah, but the Klingons will have white skin and green hair.
The fight had started with insults and escalated quickly, as these things tend to do. At the end there was one Klingon and one Federation crew member standing, though bruised and battered, by the time station security got to the bar.
"That's what I hate about you Federation types," said Klor then he spat the accumulated blood to one side, "Not a one of you can take a joke!"

I've just realised that it's only the tone of the writing that separates Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator from the works of H P Lovecraft.
They've both got a hostile and alien universe full of indescribable monsters.

Just the way Roald Dahl planned it.
--------------------------------
Je ne suis pas une Intelligence Artificielle Turing. Je suis Charlie.

A crossover i'd like to see (but doubt the authors would ever cross paths): Ms Aoyama (Desperately Seeking Ranma - PixelWriter1) recruits Mr Black (Make a Wish - Rorchach's Blot).
Mark

Hah! That'd be amazing, in the right hands.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

It was pointed out to me that The Player Character, from Doom 3, is a Space Marine. If we Throw in The Potential WH40K Connection, Wouldn't that potentially make him The Emporer of Man?

Nope, the Emprah is a lot older than that. He was born in 8000 BC in Anatolia if I remember correctly.

There is a rather obvious crossover I think some people missed...

Possibly, it's not even a crossover.

In the World of a 'Certain Scientific Railgun', and a 'Certain Magical Index,' there is, Index, Who is the Correlated index of all Magic.

In the Dresden Series, there is Ivy, also known as, The Archive, Who is the Collection of all Knowledge.

What whould happen if these two girles happen to meet. (provided that they are not actually the same girl, that is)

Will Harry Dresden meet the Right hand of God?

Will there be a loud Earth Shattering Ka-boom!?

All I can figure is that it will be Magical...

In the meantime, I will be hiding Somewhere Not In That Direction. >points, then dissapears

Here at the Folger's Crystals Fanfiction Labratory, We are going to swap Penny from RWBY, with Penny from Inspector Gadget.

Manytales00 Wrote:Here at the Folger's Crystals Fanfiction Labratory, We are going to swap Penny from RWBY, with Penny from Inspector Gadget.
How about Penny from RWBY with Penny Wynalazek from the Teraverse?

Quote:Manytales00 wrote:
Here at the Folger's Crystals Fanfiction Labratory, We are going to swap Penny from RWBY, with Penny from Inspector Gadget.
Huh.  Not much use on the front-combat lines, but as an ELINT person...
Meanwhile, Uncle Gadget can't quite put his finger on what's wrong with his niece... or how Doctor Clawdane mysteriously turned up dead...