Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that Should Be: Convergence of Secret Crisis Wars Across Infinite Fictions!
RE: Crossovers that Should Be: Convergence of Secret Crisis Wars Across Infinite Fict...
Taylor Hebert? You're in The Good Place.
RE: Crossovers that Should Be: Convergence of Secret Crisis Wars Across Infinite Fict...
The Angry Video Game Beavers.

Imagine Norbert and Dagget reviewing bad video games while commenting (in a hilariously caustic manner) just what makes them so bad! Big Grin
(11-19-2017, 12:28 PM)Tennie Wrote: The Angry Video Game Beavers.

Imagine Norbert and Dagget reviewing bad video games while commenting (in a hilariously caustic manner) just what makes them so bad! Big Grin

And for contrast we could have the Occasional review Sarcasm on bad Video game  by Foamy.
Just a thought, what if we replaced Caster from Fate Stay/Night with Harry Potter?
It occurred to me last night that there really needs to be a Gunsmith Cats/Black Lagoon crossover.
(01-02-2018, 05:00 PM)Ebony Wrote: It occurred to me last night that there really needs to be a Gunsmith Cats/Black Lagoon crossover.

Fuckin' A, man.
What happens if Emmia (Fate: Stay/Night) Meets Gotou (Campion)?

I'm not exactly Sure what happens, but there's a Big hole in the ground where a local Tourist Sight used to be, and Both of them are Now Napping on the Ground looking like a pair of Satisfied Cats that have been in a fight...
(01-02-2018, 08:33 PM)Mamorien Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 05:00 PM)Ebony Wrote: It occurred to me last night that there really needs to be a Gunsmith Cats/Black Lagoon crossover.

Fuckin' A, man.

It would make for an interesting contrast. The two series are basically about a decade apart, and the change between the early 90s "cop show/action movie" feel of Gunsmith Cats (lightly influenced by 80s action films and action/comedy films, like "The Blues Brothers" and "Lethal Weapon") and the mid-00s gritty "crime drama" feel of Black Lagoon would make for some friction. Some of what I have seen in the manga especially seems to be Rei Hiroe mocking the genre attitudes of earlier films and crime dramas set in other parts of the world, making Roanapur a place that the hard cases of other places can't survive.
Something I saw brought up in the Belated Battleships story thread over on SB/SV...

Has anyone done a good Strike Witches/Kancolle crossover?
(02-11-2018, 06:07 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Something I saw brought up in the Belated Battleships story thread over on SB/SV...

Has anyone done a good Strike Witches/Kancolle crossover?

Not sure if this counts, but Gryphon and his Eyrie co-authors have been weaving a fair amount of KanColle content into Our Witches at War (Mogami in the current storyline, Eugenie introduced as the Operation Hammer team's ride back from Neukarlsland, Gangut and Hibiki as members of Sanya's old squad in The Fall of Petrograd...).
Wait, what?

And me without enough time to go back through the whole thing and look it over. Thing is I don't specifically recall anyone being pointed out as a ship girl. But it has been a while and I do tend to skim a lot because, ya know, BUSY! Tongue
You don't have to go through the WHole thing. Gangut and Hibiki are present as Naval Aviation Witches in Fall of Petrograd, Eugine is in the most recent chapter of OWaW, and you see the first apperance of a Ship girl in (i think its) H&H, Ship(girl)builders
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
..... OHHHHH. Okay, so it's the usual sort of EPU's 'hammer at it until it fits' sort of fusioning. Wink

Not that I mind terribly, but it's not quite the same as having actual ship spirits. Tongue

ETA: Although, the moment the strike witches of the 501st all come to Gryphon's world and get to meet Iona and the rest of the Fleet of Fog/KanColle mashup, let me know and I'll come with popcorn and a lawn chair, cause 'dis gun be gud.
We seem to have a crossover potential here,
Looking for group.

I can just see the potential for things to go Wrong..

I wonder how Celestia Takes to being Summoned to another world...

And then there was the time Louisa D' blanc Valierre Got a The Pony embodiment of the sun for a Familiar....
Thinking about the color of the signature outfits in Aria got me to this one:

Herald-Undine Akari Mizunashi, protecting the lakes and waterways of Valdemar. How the not-horse Akatsuki fits in the gondola is still a mystery. Her romantic personality and fearlessness would be perfect for a Herald.

I'd also like a Star Driver crossover with, well, anything. Cmon guys, it's a 24ep mecha anime, not obscure. Natural crossovers would be Gurren Lagann, Ouran High School Host Club (possibly canon), Utena, Sailor Moon, Melody of Oblivion, even Bodacious Space Pirates. All of these have the postmodern bit set, you may notice. I can only find one Star Driver crossover with any canon, and I'm not getting why.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
I've never heard of it until now. But it's available on crunchyroll.

Watching the first episode now and.... WOW. These characters are LIVELY! Barely halfway through and I'm already hooked!
Eh, Aria is a beautiful and excellent series, but it moves very... leisurely. I couldn't quite get into it.
Oh, DUH. I was dumb and forgot to say that I was speaking of Star Driver.

And holy shit. It's like Macross 7 all over again, with the flashy get-suited-up-and-locked-into-my-mecha sequence.... which is only a gender-flipped version of a magical pretty girl transformation sequence. Only Star Driver is even more blatant about it than Macross 7 ever could be! Hah!
Honestly, Aria the Animation has a pacing problem. The plot moves at a super-sedate pace, the music is molto lento, and of course nothing really happens. I gave up on it, and I'm writing a fic about Aria characters! My solution was reading the manga. It's a little slow, but nowhere near as much as the anime. For most anime, 2 chapters to 1 episode is a good rule of thumb, and Aria's 1-to-1 doesn't help. But in my fic, I had to cross with Azumanga just to add enough liveliness to be comfortable to write about.

Star Driver is large amounts of lively, awesome, and cheese, and fabulous wardrobe. And it's responsible for the only time I ever thought, "Wow, the Drama Club is sooo cool!"
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(03-23-2018, 04:53 AM)Labster Wrote: Honestly, Aria the Animation has a pacing problem.  The plot moves at a super-sedate pace, the music is molto lento, and of course nothing really happens.  I gave up on it, and I'm writing a fic about Aria characters!  My solution was reading the manga.  It's a little slow, but nowhere near as much as the anime.  For most anime, 2 chapters to 1 episode is a good rule of thumb, and Aria's 1-to-1 doesn't help.  But in my fic, I had to cross with Azumanga just to add enough liveliness to be comfortable to write about.

In one of the extras in the Aria The Natural box set, Junichi Sato complained about needing to squeeze in so much material in The Animation, and commented he was much happier about being able to slow down and go at a more natural pace in The Natural.

You have been warned.

OTOH, The Natural has Cait Shih.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
....I can only imagine what this guy would have made of DSKS... (Even folks on Sufficient Velocity were struck by the high-octane pacing. Little does anyone realize that in my real life, that's how quickly WTF-level problems tend to daisy-chain.)
I recently had this idea for a crossover involving Sailor Moon and the 1980s-era cult classic anime series Gall Force:

Essentially, what kicked off the events of both franchises were some highly-destructive wars that occurred in the prehistoric past.

In the case of Sailor Moon, there were some highly-advanced civilizations placed all across our Solar System, watching over the Earth as its own inhabitants developed their own civilizations; these interplanetary civilizations were collectively known as the Silver Millennium. The Silver Millennium was centered around a civilization located on the Earth's Moon (the Moon Kingdom). However, despite their advanced magic and technology and their use of highly-powerful so-called "Sailor Guardians", they couldn't prevent their own destruction at the hands of the malevolent eldritch being known as Queen Metallia. Earth ended up being the only planet left that was able to support life, and even then civilization had to restart from scratch.

In the case of Gall Force, things get a little more complicated. Two races, an all-female race called the Solnoids and an amorphous shape-changing race called the Paranoids, had been at war for centuries. The first entry, Gall Force: Eternal Story, involved a Solnoid cruiser named the Star Leaf whose surviving crew were trying to reach a planet named Chaos, a newly-terraformed planet in the Ninth Star System. Said planet is actually a moon of another planet, Terra, which developed on its own without any help/interference from either race. Along the way, they found themselves involuntarily subjected to an experiment. They later learned that said experiment was a part of a conspiracy involving several factions on both sides, who had realized that extraordinarily powerful weapons being developed by both sides were threatening to turn the war into one of mutual annihilation. The only solution that would stand a chance of offering a more peaceful (and survivable) resolution was to try to create a third race, hence the experiment. However, while an offspring is successfully produced, attempts by overzealous commanders to retrieve it force the remaining crew to sabotage the terraforming system on Chaos while sending the offspring and one of their own members off to Terra, the idea being that those involved in the project wouldn't come after them if they were believed to be dead. The survivors sent to Terra ended up becoming the first humans. Meanwhile, the Solnoid and Paranoid races wound up destroying each other despite efforts to get them to see reason (as documented in the next two entries of the series, Destruction and Stardust War).

Now, blending these two together would almost certainly take some heavy modifications to each others' respective timelines of events, but hopefully the end result should be of interest.

In this version, the Star Leaf travels to the Ninth Star System as part of an exploration mission to find new worlds for the Solnoids to terraform and make into a new home world (keep in mind that, in canon, the original Solnoid home world had apparently been destroyed by the war some time before the events of Eternal Story). Instead, they end up discovering the existence of the Silver Millennium. As events unfold, the crew decide that they should ask the SM's leadership to see if they could be the "third race" buffer between the Solnoids and the Paranoids. Things get even more complicated when several Paranoid ships show up as well. So now the SM is facing the very real possibility of becoming yet another battlefield in an interstellar war that's been growing ever more destructive. Then, on to all of this, add on signs that some malevolent force is stirring...

Long story short, several entire races are about to face their darkest days ever. What they need now is one hell of a miracle. Will everything end in tragedy and utter destruction, or can a Gallant Force arise to write a new legend across the stars...?
Just for fun, let's switch Wallace and Grommit with Shaggy, and Scooby Doo.

Hijinks will ensue.
"I would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for this cheese!"
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Just for a Derp Lets give Taylor the Power Theme of a Most Annoying Thing. Then Sic her on Uber and Leet in the Mall.

No, I don't know how to type an umlaut.