Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that Should Be: Convergence of Secret Crisis Wars Across Infinite Fictions!
RE: Crossovers that Should Be: Convergence of Secret Crisis Wars Across Infinite Fict...
Lets switch K-on! band with the Blue Man Group, and Watch as the Beat goes on.
RE: Crossovers that Should Be: Convergence of Secret Crisis Wars Across Infinite Fict...
I'll put this over here then.

Bodacious Space Pirates of the Caribean.
I wouldn't be opposed to putting Benten from Urusei Yatsura on the Bentenmaru, either. She'd actually fit in the pirates.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
... yeah, all too well, I think.

I still want to see Houkago Tea Time get their "best gig ever" -- performing at the launch ceremony for the SDF Macross.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
(05-10-2018, 09:54 AM)ECSNorway Wrote: I still want to see Houkago Tea Time get their "best gig ever" -- performing at the launch ceremony for the SDF Macross.

We could probably squeeze that into There's Nothing Better. Smile
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Tonde Buurin/Porco Rosso.

One's a young girl who transforms into a magical pig.  One's a grizzled fighter pilot cursed to have the head of a pig.  Together, they fight crime!
(05-14-2018, 12:57 PM)Tennie Wrote: Tonde Buurin/Porco Rosso.

One's a young girl who transforms into a magical pig.  One's a grizzled fighter pilot cursed to have the head of a pig.  Together, they fight crime!

Together with Hibiki Ryouga, they fight crime!
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
This could go right, or wrong in so many ways, but what if we combined Starwars: the Clone Wars, with A certain Scientific Railgun?

Where in We have Misaka Mitoko. Who, while neither Jedi or Sith, has taken her native ability to sense and manipulate electromagnetic fields to the point that she can to some degree imitate all of the force powers of both sides.

Then there is her 10,000 Clone/Sisters, who have taken those same native abilities, and turned it into their own personal Tactical/com net, which has resulted in to the whole batch speaking in third person, narrative style.

Funny thing that was swept under the Rug, at some point The entire Misaka batch effectively disappeared, along with their "Big Sister", just ahead of a Batch Termination Order.

Call it, A Certain Force of Misaka ...
You know, I'm rather surprised that as far as I can see, no one's written a Ah! Megami-Sama! / Danmachi crossover fic yet. One would think that Bell, Urd, and Skuld would love to visit Orario, and Keiichi and Megumi would make natural Familia members for them....
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
I think it's a lot to do with the focus of the story. Danmachi is fairly focused on combat. in Ah! Megami-Sama that's not nearly as much of a thing, which has much different conflicts and methods of conflict resolution.
You could say, though, it's where the Nourns go whenever they need to hone their edge.
Not everyone adventures in Danmachi, and there's a definite demand for support services. That's another option.

But 'Might Makes Right' is a definite thing in that setting.
A Song of Ice and Fire and The Mikado

Jaime: My family pride is something inconceivable. I can't help it. I was born sneering.

Arya: I've got a little list! If people who most definitely will not be missed!
We've secretely switched Nene Romanova (Bubblegum Crisis) with Natasha "Black Widow" Romanova (Marvel Comics).  Let's see how long it takes for others in both continuities to notice the difference...
Well 'Tasha would be more combat effective, and would probably need a bit of working up to get her hacking skills up to scratch with the extra twenty years. Assuming Nene got to keep her hardsuit (let's face it: Natasha is not going to fit in one tailored for Nene, so ROB will have to have either adjusted or replaced it for her to join the Knight Sabers) or got a replacement from Tony she should be reasonably effective in the Avengers, if tending more to comms and infowar rather than direct facepunching; at the same time against the normal-human popcorn mooks that the lower-power members of the team tend to face swarms of while the heavy hitters take care of their red-team counterparts Nene could probably do quite well. It's only the combat buma that usually give her trouble, and even then by the time the group faced off against Mason on top of Genom in Ep3 she took on and dealt with one of his bodyguard BU-55C's solo. Their attitudes and body language are also entirely different, not to mention heights, so I doubt it would take long at all for anyone to notice the difference.

That means that for maximum fun it should happen right before the fake Knight Sabers show up in Ep6 Red Eye's, so the real ones have a new Saber Pink to throw even more confusion into the situation, naturally. Do you think her higher direct combat ability make for a better outcome to the fight against the superbumas?

On a different note, has anyone seen Taylor Hebert with a Death Note? The overall tone of the two series seems like a pretty good match, though taht alone might take it to Crossovers The Should Not Be territory I suppose.
(07-09-2018, 10:21 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: On a different note, has anyone seen Taylor Hebert with a Death Note? The overall tone of the two series seems like a pretty good match, though taht alone might take it to Crossovers The Should Not Be territory I suppose.
Do you know how hard it was to get Leviathan's real name?

The then again there would be the temptation to just to write in,
"John Smith, killed by a meteor strike while attending a John Smith Convention."
(07-09-2018, 10:21 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: On a different note, has anyone seen Taylor Hebert with a Death Note? The overall tone of the two series seems like a pretty good match, though taht alone might take it to Crossovers The Should Not Be territory I suppose.

well, the Trio would be pushing up daisies pretty quick.
(07-09-2018, 11:24 AM)Norgarth Wrote:

well, the Trio would be pushing up daisies pretty quick.

Only if Ned and "Chuck" charles were around... (Surprise crossover with "Pushing Daisies".)
"Sophia Hess - accidentally killed by Shadow Stalker while resisting arrest"

...nah, Taylor was really obsessive about not using her powers to retaliate at school, it's one of the defining traits of her character, fun as it may be to fantasize a little. Prominent villains, sure, if their names are known to write down, but I'm not sure how many that would actually apply to. Are even the Slumberhouse Yawn or Heartbreaker's civilian IDs public knowledge?
Depends on the writer mostly, as for canon, I think Heartbreaker and some, but not all of the SH9 are known to the public
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

From what I understand of the SH9, I don't think she'd need their birth names for the Deathnote to be effective against them. After all, do they even use them any more?
Let's insert St Trinian's Private School for girls into My Little Pony, and watch three out of for Princesses laugh, at the Antics while the Fourth Melts down about that not being how a school is supposed to be run. We could have it run by Chrysalis, she takes Students from Nobles and Rich families of all races, Most of who mistakenly believe that their daughters are being taught how to behave.
Pffft.

For more laughs, don't make it a fusion. A ROB has plunked the whole school, students, faculty, and all, right in the middle of Canterlot. Let's see how long it takes before the first body is found. Wink
Quote:A ROB
Insert obligatory "I get the blame for a lot of random omnipotent being stuff, don't I?" joke here.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(07-22-2018, 04:48 PM)robkelk Wrote:
Quote:A ROB
Insert obligatory "I get the blame for a lot of random omnipotent being stuff, don't I?" joke here.

hey, my friiends and I regularly get together for roleplaying sessions, and the guy who does most of the GMing is named Rob. Big Grin