Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that Should Be: Convergence of Secret Crisis Wars Across Infinite Fictions!
RE: Crossovers that Should Be: Convergence of Secret Crisis Wars Across Infinite Fict...
(07-22-2018, 04:48 PM)robkelk Wrote:
Quote:A ROB
Insert obligatory "I get the blame for a lot of random omnipotent being stuff, don't I?" joke here.

"random omnipotent being" is what it is usually said to mean, but I'm personally convinced that ROB stands for "Random Omnipotent BASTARD"
RE: Crossovers that Should Be: Convergence of Secret Crisis Wars Across Infinite Fict...
Can't be me, then. My parents were married for over a year before I was born. Smile
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Jotaro Kujo must bring together a rather...unusual...team of heroes in JoJo's Bizarre Avengers.
Had an idea earlier today that my brain is trying to work on. The problem is that my only knowledge of one of the two franchises is from an Evangelion crossover. Crossing Destiny and Wynonna Earp in

Titan A.E. (Alice Earp)
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Titan A.E. is the one that starts by aliens blowing up the earth right?
That's that movie, but my thought for this is using the Destiny Titan template on a Wynonna Earp character.
(Granted that character at this point in the storyline is an infant but it kinda just struck me as a fitting title)
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

I have just discovered the existence of a British cartoon character, from The Beano and dating back to the 1930s, named Pansy Potter, The Strongman's Daughter. The possibilities for Harry Potter crossovers should be obvious. Especially since her strip ran all the way to 1993.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Simply for the convergence of rose and rose petal motifs, we need to see a RWBY/Revolutionary Girl Utena crossover.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
The Grim Adventures of Bill and Mandy, the story of two young Hunters with an unbelievably high kill count and their pet Grim?

a RWBY/Adventures of Bill and Mandy crossing.
It would be amusing to see how Grimm utterly and completely unimpressed with Salem.

"Lady. You seem to be under the impression that you are a reaper of souls simply because you control these... brutes. But me? I AM DEATH. And I see to all of my clients. Personally. And just in case you forgot, Miss Salem... Entropy is ever present, and it will claim all in this universe one day. But you, I suspect your end will come far sooner than that. Far, far sooner."
Just for fun, lets replace Artemis with a rather competent Beagle.

[Image: upscale-244995083038212.png?r1024x1024]
(I accidentally posted this over in the "Should Not Be" thread, but I've realized my error and am now moving it over hereSmile

We've switched Ami Mizuno (Sailor Moon) and Umi Ryuuzaki (Magic Knight Rayearth).  Let's see what happens next in both continuities...
What if Sailor Moon's Ginzuishou is actually a Silmaril? Not just like a silmaril, but it is actually Eärendil's silmaril. Eärendil was a famous sailor and warrior of the First Age. He rallied the Valar to fight Morgoth, and felled a dragon big enough to knock down the world's three largest mountains. And then he was placed into the sky, where he sailed the heavens with the Silmaril on his brow -- you know, magical tiara style. The Moon was also placed in the sky, so it might have been a convenient harbor.

So if the Silver Crystal contains the pure, uncorrupted light of the Two Trees of Valinor, no wonder it's so powerful. Its light would be pure silver light of Laurelin before it was felled by Ungoliant. The Golden Crystal could be the Silmaril that rests in the Earth as well, bearing the light of Telperion tree. There might be a third crystal of the sea to write about containing both lights.

So perhaps the Silver Millennium was the Fourth Age or Fifth Age? And the Moon Kingdom was full of Elrond's siblings and their descendants -- all half-elven, and able to choose the fate of men or of elves. No wonder Endymion and the Princess were star-crossed -- it's like Beren and Lúthien all over again!

Like, this idea isn't 100% new, but the only google hits for "ginzuishou silmaril" were a thread on SB and an IWIW post by Shadowjack, which together are entirely unsurprising, because we know who we are.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Now you've got me imagining Sailormoon with long elf ears anime style, and Makoto Quipping that Usagi Really is the bunny of the moon...
...and now I want to have Doug doing a little half-serious speculation along those lines at the appropriate point in DWS...
-- Bob

Well, even her future goddess-y type self falls in love with Usagi, but despair not so much. There was a fad in the fandom of painting Crystal Tokyo as a mind controlled dystopia for a while, though even then it wasn't due to malice. Sounds like something I'd read.
--
‎noli esse culus
Beryl and Nehelenia have pointy ears -- as do Luna and Artemis :3

This is one of those ideas that actually makes more sense the more I think about it, which is kind of pleasant for a crossover, where usually you're dealing with the fallout of the crazy.  I'd actually have to reread the Silmarillion, which I haven't read in 15 years now.  And the Valaquenta is kind of :/.  This whole train of thought came from the fact that I was importing two characters into There's Nothing Better that talk to each other in Quenya occasionally.  (As some of my real life friends do, too)

There's a definitely a story arc in there, with some historical points:
  • The founding of the Moon Kingdom, from Eärendil and his crew
  • Epic voyages across the planets, slaying monsters and such
  • Moar Tom Bombadil, everyone's fav part amirite?
  • The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter
  • Terrors enter through cracks in the world, as Melkor stretches the walls of the void
  • The 14 Valar create 14 Sailor Guardians to guard the void (14 from the Solar System, if you count Chibi-Moon and the Amazons)
  • Elves sail back to Earth
  • The Fall of the Moon Kingdom and the end of the Fourth Age
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Hmmm, definitely got potential. I'll admit I wrote up a brief summary of the history of the Moon Kingdom as a colony of Al-Hazredian refugees for a SM/Nanoha fusion setting at one point...
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Here's a CTSB in image form:

[Image: 29z6jA8.jpg]

(Christmas Vacation/IT)
Had an idea, don't know if it should be here or in should not

Because i binged Mystic Knights Online by @jgkitel from SB soon after finishing "The Moon's Flash Princess" by @Neph Champion you can blame them both for this idea

In 2022 a crack group of gaming Betas were thrown into Aincrad. They promptly beat the game and then escaped into the virtual underground. Wanted by the corporation, now they make their living as gamers of fortune. If you have trouble, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire, the B-Team.

Hanibal-Kirito

Face-Argo

Murdock-Klein

B.A.-Agil

(i invision Asuna as the A-Team movie version of Sosa while Colonel Decker of the TV series would be played by Sugou)

Additionally was asked if when it hit GGO if they could fly a tank, my response was that o didn't see why not.
Currently writing BROBd

(12-07-2018, 08:41 PM)Rajvik Wrote: Had an idea, don't know if it should be here or in should not

Because i binged Mystic Knights Online by @jgkitel from SB soon after finishing "The Moon's Flash Princess" by @Neph Champion you can blame them both for this idea

In 2022 a crack group of gaming Betas were thrown into Aincrad. They promptly beat the game and then escaped into the virtual underground. Wanted by the corporation, now they make their living as gamers of fortune. If you have trouble, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire, the B-Team.

Hanibal-Kirito

Face-Argo

Murdock-Klein

B.A.-Agil

(i invision Asuna as the A-Team movie version of Sosa while Colonel Decker of the TV series would be played by Sugou)

Additionally was asked if when it hit GGO if they could fly a tank, my response was that o didn't see why not.
Strangert things have happened in real life.
The AeroGavin will not die...
SEZ
BZG
(12-08-2018, 04:14 AM)itsune9tl Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 08:41 PM)Rajvik Wrote: Had an idea, don't know if it should be here or in should not

Hanibal-Kirito

Face-Argo

Murdock-Klein

B.A.-Agil

Strangert things have happened in real life.

Groans and facepalms 

They were talking about this scene from the movie
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=104tQfcK1sI&t=87s
Currently writing BROBd

(12-08-2018, 06:39 PM)Rajvik Wrote: Groans and facepalms 

They were talking about this scene from the movie
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=104tQfcK1sI&t=87s

Yeah, but we know that the above is what Murdock wanted.
--
Well, for S&G we could Swap the A-team, with Those Who Hunt Elves. just to see who does more damage before 0600...

Come on. You know you want to see it from both sides
--
As a side not I want to The Baby Sitter crossed with the Incredibles.
I'll let the fanart speak for me - in this matter, it's quite eloquent.

(slightly larger version)

EDIT: Forgot that some people might not recognize the references. Character source and outfit source
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown