Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I did a thing
I did a thing
Can it be -- another 3d modeling project? Why yes! The embedded imgur gallery seems to not work here on yuku, but the links do just fine and the pictures are pretty huge so I didn't want to just toss them on the page directly.
Quote:VX-167 Crazy Banana

Two in fact.
Quote:SD-71 Shrike (Baby Blackbird)

The Crazy Banana is the most recent, after I got a bit stuck on the SD-71's shoulders. I'm pretty sure I've come up with a way around that particular problem, but haven't gotten back to it yet as the new project is shiny and new.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Several new images from yesterday's work on the Crazy Bananas added, here's the most recent:

[Image: nPY0xdVl.png]

Not sure about the shark's teeth, they're a nice WWII homage but make the beast form's extended cockpit pod look like a shark on a stick. Opinions?
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

I haVe FEeT! yAy!

[Image: cHuoeav.png]

But man, are my shoulders sore. Time to do something besides huddle over the keyboard.
--

That's a mighty purty mecha there, but can you BOOGIE!?

[Image: ofjhwDl.png]

Why yes, yes I can. I also added a render of the now nearly complete fighter mode, with only a couple of minor things still visibly unfinished. It's huge though, so I won't link it here.
--

I like the Baby Blackbird one, and Crazy Bananas is slowly growing on me as it becomes more and more finished. Kinda reminds me of the Vic Viper from Gradius, but nowhere nearly as beefy. Smile

Ah, another game I've never played... It was pointed out elsewhere that Crazy Bananas also looks like the heel team from WipEout 2047 (Qirex) with the face team's (Feisar) colors. I can say with authority however that the only conscious reference for the design of that was the TR-5 Harpy from Crusher Joe, though the only real similarities there are the two forward booms and swept wings.

[Image: harpy_by_eastcoastcanuck-d7qcouw.png]

As for the color scheme, I landed on that all on my own after starting from a "no two adjacent parts the same color" rainbow, so you can safely put that down to color theory about what looks decent when you put them together.

Still haven't got back to the SD-71, but I probably will before too much longer. I do very much like it myself if I can just get the arms up to standards.
--

latest updates: fillin' mah belly & Gotta go FAST!

[Image: 0cErA1F.png]
[Image: 3BgGReW.png]
[Image: yJ4Xtyhh.png]
[Image: MwNtvRph.png]
[Image: sWS4OeDh.png]

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/Fq69M
--