Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update Thread 25: Gundam Fight Ready? Go!

Quote:blackaeronaut wrote:
Quote:Pyeknu wrote:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9517967/12/ ... ed-Charlie
Next part of Hawk-Eyes Charlie (Harry Potter).
A baby is left on a doorstep, only this time Petunia Dursley isn't the one who takes it in. Charles 'Hawk-Eye' Potter, retired Sniper of her Majesty's Army is surprised when his adopted grandson turns out to be his own flesh and blood. Now Jamie has to deal with learning magic on top of his regular studies. It's going to be a bumpy ride if he wants to be a pilot in the RAF!
I stopped reading that at the fifth chapter.  I know Ron Weasely wasn't the best of people at times, but the bashing he's taking here is just over the top.  And also the bit with the cadet from America... where the entire attitude came off as, "Oh, so he's an American?  Go figure."  Yeah, I've known quite a few arrogant folks here in the USA... but I've met a few from other countries as well.
ETA: Oh, and the author's idea of dealing with PTSD... in short, giving them animated dolls made of ballistic gel and blood packs to kill and kill and kill... O_O;  wut?
The idea gets elaborated on.  Part of it is using that stuff to help them get catharsis.  Then there's low-stress work, socialization, and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.  Yeah.
Someplace around Chapter Seven, the entire thing degenerates into an otakufest.  There's an Otaku Club at Hogwarts- one Harry didn't start, no less!- and the MLP at the air base.  Then there's Nicholas Flamel, diehard Full Metal Alchemist fan.
You got out just in time, really.  I want that 20 minutes back.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.