Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[OOC][SI][Multi-Xover] Calling All Writers - There's Nothing Better
RE: [OOC][SI][Multi-Xover] Calling All Writers - There's Nothing Better
"So 2016, we've time traveled to to the past?  Yeah, I've done that before."

Akari attracts enough weirdness, one starts to wonder why she really left Earth^W Manhome.  She'd make a halfway decent Companion for the Doctor, but a very un-Amy Pond one.

Thanks for the offer, Rob!
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
I'm getting close to being able to publish a story, but I had to read all of Aria first.  Leave it to me to want to make a joke so badly that it takes days of research. Heck, just last night I calculated what the effects of increasing Mars' g to Earth's 9.8 m/s² would have on Mars' year -- only 15s shorter, because the Sun's mass just dominates the equation.

Anyway I'm much more able to write Aria now, and I really need to get those scenes written first.  And then I can start bringing out my Azumanga content I've already written.  Azumanga is a bit more natural for me to write.  But the undines are definitely strong enough characters to hang a plot on, and that's a very good sign.  35kB of progress so far, I guess I'll have to start sending out stuff for edits.
I'm reasonably sure you have my email address already. I can't promise same-day replies, though... Smile
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I see that I am behind on my pre-reading. My apologies...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Great, looks like Brent is up and running. Ramshackle complex and all. Smile
It's not a terrible apartment complex, I assure you. It was built in the 1960s, and hasn't had any major renovations in that that time. The former owners realized that with the market going way up, they could kick everyone out, renovate, and make a lot more money. Ciel Phantomhive was able to take advantage of the situation, as finding a nearly empty complex in California, basically anywhere, is not easy, and Silicon Beach would be a bit harder than average.

That said, it's not like Funtom is taking a loss in the long term. He got some great government subsidies for providing low-income housing, and avoided property tax reassessment by buying a subsidiary company. Real estate is only going to be a better investment as more people end up in the metacontinuity.

The rooms are quite decent; there's even enough space for each unit to have a laundry, two bedrooms, and a decent-sized kitchen.