Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[IC][BBS] Comfortably Numb?

They're welcome.

Right now we have space. Just bear in mind that we might be a little intense for some people, even without meaning to be.

Btw. Are anybody's guests following themes? Or is it just sort of random?

It might help guess what's coming next here.

Themes? What sort of themes?

I mean, I know they're coming in groups - cliques, if you will. I got Tenchi and his would-be harem.

Rob's got the girls from Railgun.

James/Rajvic has the main bunch from Evangelion.

The only one that sticks out is Kestral, and he's got a bunch of Infomorphs (some of them extremely dangerous) all locked away from each other.

And I know we're probably going to be getting more people later on.

I'm expecting more people. Sebastian gave me enough cellphones so that each apartment in my building can get one, which means I have at least five more people coming. (Or ten more, if I was supposed to let the Railgun girls keep their own phones.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

The way things are laid out here, we have enough space for two groups.

I thought somebody said they had more already.

Meanwhile, I've just had the experience of 4 girls watching Blade Runner, and rooting for the replicants.

I've been trying to think of ways to leverage our....abilities to make money. Even something that'll help keep us comfortable. It's one thing to have an expense account and another to be independent, because expenses can be revoked at any time. I sat down and worked out a business plan for a Maid Cafe and worked out that, with local rents, we'd never turn a profit. So we're back to square 1.

Now I know there's the obvious answer. It's just too risky. Messy. Dangerous. What we are has no real legal standing yet since, well, nobody's bothered but I'd like to not give them a reason to bother thank you very much. Sex Robots Made Me Pay all my Money is not a headline I want to read in the bleeding Sun.

The girls really don't get this. They've been sheltered their whoe lives- they don't really get how human society works. Sure we can hack your brain, but a whole mob is a different story. And I'm the shut-in that has to tell them. It's ironic. More and more I can see the utility of what's been done to me. They probably wouldn't have listened if I'd just been me - and I couldn't have handled them either way. It feels calmer, now that the shock has worn off.

Lou wants to work in bar. Anri thinks we should all get regular jobs. Nam just sort of fell in love with the maid idea. but we've nowhere to rent right now. Sylvie suggested we try form a band. I think she just wants to do the Priss thing.

It's kind of exciting watching them explore the possibilities of life.

What can we do?

Whatever you do, get the paperwork in place first so that it's all nice and legal. (Yes, I know your ladies have no paperwork at all - but I suspect somebody would appreciate the challenge of creating a false paper trail indetectably. Washuu-chan could do it, but we can't impose on her for all our hacking needs. Sebastian could make it happen, no doubt.)

Now that I've said that, what would they think of Page 3 modeling? Or would you prefer to ignore that possibility because it's too close to what they did on Genaros?
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:Dartz wrote:
The girls really don't get this. They've been sheltered their whoe lives- they don't really get how human society works. Sure we can hack your brain, but a whole mob is a different story. 
Let's introduce them to Misato and Kaji.  These two practically define the bad-ass-normal trope.  And then Ritsuko and Maya can show these two what some skilled programmers can do to their operating systems.
Rob, I'll get on the line to Sebastian and ask that he forward me the needed info on all the tennants and then I'll get Washu to cook up all the needed paper trails - digital and otherwise.  At the very least, everyone will appear to be either a citizen or a guest in their respective country.

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay in replying, but I had to go convince five teenage girls to come home with a middle-age man. I should make you guess who the five girls are, but I'm too tired to play games right now - the Sailor Senshi are moving into my place.

Which means I need double the number of paper trails made.
--
Rob Kelk

Thank you.

Paperwork we could use. Even if part of me is wondering if going public wouldn't helpful. Then I open up a newspaper and call myelf an idiot.

Page 3 modelling. I really, really don't want anything to do with anything Murdoch owned. That feels just dirty. Even if, I'll admit, the idea does excite. It sounds trite, but there is more to us than our bodies.

It's fun just watching them explore the little possibilities of what they can do and realise they can be alive. They hve hopes and dreams, desires....

Dartz, I just had a thought - if you want the ladies to experience the full human condition, you should encourage them to get different jobs.

Us flesh-and-bone types have times when our family isn't present and we have to handle the petty annoyances of life on our own. If the 33-S's want to know what it's like to be human, that's something they should learn firsthand.

I know from canon that Anri has the skills to work in an office, and you already mentioned that she wants to get a "regular" job. Why not let her?
--
Rob Kelk

I think part of the problem is the moment someone shows a bit of interest in her, particularly a higher-up, she won't have any scruples against using her body as a selling point to move up in the company. As Dartz said, they simply don't have the same sort of... let's call it a 'decency filter' for lack of a better term.

Granted, Anri might be fine with it, but the fact of the matter is that it's most decidedly NOT fine for an employer to take advantage of someone like that. Also, it just would not be fair to her co-workers. She's already going to get preferential treatment for being so damn pretty that mere mortals can't hold a candle to them.

At least as models, they'll have a lot of control over who they work for. With their looks, they can work for anyone in any subject matter. And Dartz can be on hand to make sure they're doing things properly - not making them lousy because they won't put out for the photographer or whatever.

It's not a lack of scruples, so much as a naivite.

They've been living on a space station all their lives. House, as opposed to Field, to borrow an American term. They really have no idea how to handle themselves in the real world where they need money to buy things like food, clothes and thing like rubbish need to be collected, or even laundry, or the fact that some people out there are far smarter than they think they are.

I'd like them to be able to find a job hat keeps them ll individually happy, but they're just not ready to go out into the world alone. They want to and I know I can't do the whole Catcher in the Rye thing forever for them, but I need to teach them some basic lifeskills first before I an even consider letting them face the world alone. And I am the worst fucking person for it.

Getting buy on our....abilities.... is just dangerous.

All it takes is one Xray, or one accident, or pushing on arsehole just that bit too far to the point where he or she tries to take what they think is on offer, and suddenly the world is faced with the realisation that there're five gynoids capable of..... well, you can guess how the redtops would spin it.

And the girls don't know that. That's the piece of the puzzle they're missing. They don't get just how integral to a persons sense of 'self' that is.... and how deep that violation might be.

It's just a Power we have.

We're trying to find something we can all agree on, for the time being. Sylvie's pretty good at convincing everyone being in a band would be a lot of fun. On.e the one hand, it sounds risky.... on the other....

It does feel exciting. It's something so far outside whaT I would've done that I'd be mad not to.

And maybe, if we're popular and people like us, we can manage the secret a little better when it does come out. Or,others will manage it for us to keep the money rolling in.....

33-Stars. Sounds like a band name ;P

That actually sounds like a pretty good idea, Dartz. On the one hand it will give you a buffer between yourselves and the rest of society - rockstars tend to be a bit insular. And at the same time it will give you a chance to tour with the girls and let them get a good eyefull of the world - give them a chance to see what it is to be human.

I'll get with Belldandy and see if its even possible.

There're bitter ironies.
There're things we'd rather Jezebel never found out about.

There're old excuses. And there're TV license inspectors.

Anri can act. Sylvie can act angry, and I caught the unspoken plan in time to realise exactly what had happened.

You don't go to the cops.
We don't go to the cops.
Your wife and children never find out.
You have more to lose than we do over a TV license.

On the one hand, I'm glad they came up with a creative solution to the problem that put both their abilities, and what they've been learning about humans, to good use.. On the other, I kind of wish it hadn't been that solution. No matter how terrified the poor guy was.

But on the plus side, they've both gained levels in blackmail and human sociology.

33-Stars is going to be a thing.

There's a local place I know. Somewhere small, with an intimate stage in the back of a bar. All I had to do to get the on the bill was ask nicely.....

Yeesh! That could have easily gone horribly wrong!

But I'm glad that things are looking up for you girls. Maybe a traveling act is going to wind up being your thing?

Wait a minute...

Dartz, I'm a fucking idiot. I just got off the phone with Mr. Phantomhive. Expect Sebastion to be showing up sometime soon with your new producer, Marler*. 33-Stars is now financially backed by Phantomhive Holdings. Congratulations.

*The fact that rock music makes Marler dance endlessly isn't necessarily something she hates - that figure of hers isn't fake! It'll be a bit strange, but don't worry too much. She usually enjoys it when she's not having to fend off an impending attack.

No. It went horribly right instead ;P

Anri's OK anyway. The bruises faded quickly.

But I think they're becoming a bad influence on me. There's something so weirdly liberating about being outside humanity like this. No more anxieties when people just make so much inate empathic sense. It just feels so secure and in control.

The whole point of 33-Stars was that if the expense account magically dissapearred for whatever reason, we wouldn't be left in the lurch. We'd have our own independent means of support, and some good positive PR in case the details of our true natures ever leaked.

And we can absolutely kill them covering this song....

You can still do that - you just have an "angel" investor to get you started.

Okay, "angel" isn't the best word.
--
Rob Kelk

And despite everything else, Mr. Phantomhive assures me that Marler won't steer you guys wrong. Music is a big deal for her, and she's a demon who's officially under contract. You can rest assured, she'll do right by you guys, even if she had to hide some bodies to do so. (Hopefully it won't come to that, but the way I see it it's better to have someone willing to kill for you than someone who'll throw you under the bus.)

And yes, an all female cover of that will sound utterly mind blowing. Big Grin

It does.

Especially considering the song.

Pending money, we managed to get some lucky credit terms on some equipment to get us started. In related news, I'm currently going out with someone who hasn't yet realised that his brand new girlfriend was only interested in his, ahem, instruments. There's a part of me the knows it's cruel and wrong and remembers being on the other side of it and I 'know' intellectually it's evil, but the sense of security is overwhelming.

I'm in control.

He's going to get caught cheating on me with Lou in a few days and we'll have a massive argument and break up. Make it his fault, and it'll never come bite us.

It's funny, while I think I'm supposed to humanise them - they're boomerising me. I'm Locutus of Boomer and I'm being willingly assimilated into the collective.

I think a demon is going to do very well here.

Dartz, if you make it big enough to have a world tour, be sure to include Ottawa. There's a place here where the stage is surrounded by working arcade games; I suspect the girls might like playing a gig there.

I have an ulterior motive for that suggestion, of course. The Sailor Senshi aren't used to thinking of non-human intelligent beings as anything other than enemies. 33-Stars might get them to change their minds on that... and make it easier for them to accept people like Ryoko and Ryo-ohki as friends (or at least neutrals). And if you want to talk about your condition while they're doing that, I'm willing to listen.
--
Rob Kelk

It'll be a while. We're not quite world class yet.

Getting us through an airport might be tricky.

We've played two shows. Just by being reliable and entertaining we have two good references. Three more bookings followed. Social media's buzzing. It's exciting to be the start of something new.

I also have a 'boyfriend' who just asked me to marry him. The hammer's going to have to be dropped soon enough.

But I didn't expect to feel this guilty about it. Sure, I've been manipulating his emotions and feelings but at the same time, when someone gets down on one knee and outright tells your you're the most important thing in the world to them, it sort of makes you stop and, you almost hope you could to.

And then I remember. I made him feel that way. Just being around me makes him feel good.

Like an addiction.

Lou's going to meet him in a bar tomorrow and they're going to hit it off in a way that he just can't help. I'm going to go over to his house in the morning to pick up some clothes I left behind tonight, and there they'll be. And he's going to plead and beg about how he couldn't help it and I'm going to have to be hard-hearted and terminate. Never tell him that he's right, he was set up the whole time.... and he'll spend the rest of his life thinking it's his fault for screwing it up.

Time to end this.

We got the start we needed.

Yeesh! Dartz, you SURE you don't want me to see if Washu can give you a tweak? Because at this point I'm pretty damn sure that it's making you unhappy, and that's not cool. Sad

I've already had one person tinker in my brain thanks. Not going through that again.... it might make things worse. I really don't want to look in the mirror and realise what has happened to me. Or worse....

Fucking tinkers ;P

Anyway, I kind of like the feeling. It's an honest one. I'm doing a terrible thing to this poor fellow and I feel bad about it. And I deserve to. It's a huminising feeling that makes me feel strangly good about myself.

This thing hasn't destroyed me.

I've fucked this up.

Derek's unconscious on the floor.

Lou's half bled to death.

And I don't know what to do.

WTF what happened, staunch the bleeding, how bad is it, how deep a cut.

Damn. I'm calling Washuu and getting her to open a portal between me and you. Usagi will be there as soon as possible, in her Sailor Moon form, with the Ginzuisho. If she can't heal Lou and Derek, nobody can.
--
Rob Kelk