Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals

Nope! A big plot point for this is that our characters are going to get to enjoy the massive mess that will be around after Part 4.

EDITED FOR CLARITY
Quote:robkelk wrote:
Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
A Song of Ice and Fire. You know, those books where George RR Martin kills everyone you love? Wink
I think perhaps that question has two extra words at the end.
(Digression: "Winter is coming." "Weiss will be happy to hear that." "Ruby...")
But that brings up a question: Do the tenants have plot immunity? (Are they guaranteed to go home at the end of all this?)
Quote:Bloodfox64 wrote:
Nope! A big plot point for this is that our characters are going to get to enjoy the massive mess that will be around after Part 4.
Errr... I think you mean "Yes" bro. Plot Immunity means that for reasons of PLOT they aren't going to get killed off. For example, River Tam. Joss could have killed her off at any time, but he couldn't because along with her would go most of the plot hooks for Firefly.

ETA:  Also, I would leave that up to you guys.  But don't get carried away with it.  Any character death you write had damn well better be carrying the story forward, and you don't need to kill off more than maybe one character to do that, if needs be.  (For example, in the fic, The Door Stop, I would contest that it was not a narrative necessity to kill of Chrono, Erio, Caro, and Vita.)

alright the final scene for my post is done, though its quite a bit shorter than i thought it would be, but the mall trip is going to all be one post and its going to be huge so here is the final bit for critique.

Quote:Asuka grimaced as she listened to the entirety of James’s explanation of why they were here and then Misato got up from having eaten her breakfast and explained why it was likely true. She poked at her eggs for a minute before shrugging and eating them anyway. No point worrying over things on an empty stomach after all. Toast she recognized, and eggs were eggs everywhere in the world. The hash browns were scattered instead of in a clump like she was used to but filled with ham and onions they were quite good, the only thing she didn’t recognize was something James called grits, and with a bit of butter, some salt and pepper, they were edible and filling. Now though, now she had nothing to do until they all piled into the shuttle to go prowl the local mall except play with the portable phone that James had handed her. Settling in with the device she poked at the buttons for a few minutes with her thumbs until the screen popped up with a screen that she didn’t quite understand. “Hey James,” she called out the question clear in her tone.

“Yes Asuka, what’s wrong?” he called back from somewhere in what she could only guess was his apartment.

“What is Google?”

Good luck answering that question in less than an afternoon.

(At least Auska has a vague idea what to do with a cellphone. I've got Usagi in my apartment, who canonically has no idea how to use a computer of any sort.)

As for critique, I think you have a better grasp of the setting than I do.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:I've got Usagi in my apartment, who canonically has no idea how to use a computer of any sort.
Original flavor Usagi, at least. But that may just be unfamiliarity. Crystal!Usagi (who is otherwise quite similar to Classic!Usagi) appears to be quite adept with her laptop, which of course has a bunny-head logo on it. Show Classic!Usagi how to get videos of boy bands and idol singers on YouTube and she'll probably become computer literate in a week. An afternoon if Ami takes pity on her.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Good luck answering that question in less than an afternoon.
Really, I don't think it would be that hard.  Asuka knows what networked computer systems are.
The real tricky part is explaining the sociological ramifications of a totally free (Well, except in the PRC and the DPRK) international fiberoptic network that anyone can tap into through an ISP.

Is it *that* obvious I have no idea what to do beyond fill up the BBS thread??

Anyway. Any troubled interdimensional travellers are welcome.

Dartz, you can use what's been going on in the BBS as a framework to build off of. Nothing wrong with that at all. In fact, I suspect that may even be the preferred method for some people in here.

I'm going to ease off in my storytelling for a short while, and let everyone else catch up to where I am (two groups of tenants in the place, most of whom have accepted what's happened). I do need to get Rei to tolerate (if not accept) IC-Rob's presence, which will be the focus of my next posting. Then I've got a nice, long sidestory to tell. (BA, I assume you want a nice long sidestory in its own IC post, not in the current IC thread.) After that, it's time to send the girls to school... which will probably end up being treated the same way school is treated in Sailor Moon and A Certain Scientific Railgun (essentially a place that exists in the background).

Dartz, what date do the 33-S's show up at your self-insert's lodgings? I might be able to give them a reason to be in a story once I have that nice long sidestory completed.
--
Rob Kelk

I'm going to ease off in my storytelling for a short while, and let everyone else catch up to where I am (two groups of tenants in the place, most of whom have accepted what's happened). I do need to get Rei to tolerate (if not accept) IC-Rob's presence, which will be the focus of my next posting. Then I've got a nice, long sidestory to tell. (BA, I assume you want a nice long sidestory in its own IC post, not in the current IC thread.) After that, it's time to send the girls to school... which will probably end up being treated the same way school is treated in Sailor Moon and A Certain Scientific Railgun (essentially a place that exists in the background).

Dartz, what date do the 33-S's show up at your self-insert's lodgings? I might be able to give them a reason to be in a story once I have that nice long sidestory completed.
same here as i still have half my people to show up and then after the eventual re-organization of rooms there will be a couple open here. 

I'll see if I can get something going between myself and Bloodfox64 tomorrow. If we go with his idea of Star Gate characters showing up and trying to get into US Military facilities this soon... Well, it'd be problematic. It'd certainly unzip our collective fly to the US government. :p
ETS: And yeah, go ahead and put the side story in it's own thread, Rob.  I'm looking forward to seeing it.  Smile

My sole question: How quickly would a house consisting of John Constantine, Deadpool, Gregory House, Jen Walters, Gene Hunt, and (either Movie! or Movie-inspired!)Tony Stark, under the care of Alfred Pennyworth and one Local Guide explode?

(No, I'm not interested in authoring, I'm interested in suggesting the Snarkiest House on Earth.)

Thanks
Luc "Strange Ideas" French

...Deadpool would be too busy commenting on the other boards here in the forum to do much of anything else.
-- Bob
---------

Just noticed that the tea store I mentioned in my chapters of the IC thread has an online catalog. You can have the same tea OOC that we're having IC: http://www.teastore.ca/
--
Rob Kelk

Maybe I should make a thread for stuff like this... Might be useful for 'visiting' managers.

"Greetings, I am Data. An artificial lifeform. Like you...."

"How'd you figure us out. We're perfect and you're like...."

"An android. No human is capable of playing a musical instrument, or singing, with such pitch-perfect accuracy. Only an aritificial lifeform is capable of such accuracy."

"Fuck..."

"Ah. I believe I am experiencing what the Vulcans call Varfuckquhul.

HAH!

But really, I had a better idea in mind.

Thoughts on having other performing groups dumped on you? I mean, it'll be a bit different - instead of managing an apartment, you're managing a tour with several bands instead.

Whatcha think? Big Grin

Like, say, the girls from K-On!?
-- Bob
---------

Or Macross insert-sequel-name-here?

Although the thought of Mughi coaxing Anri out of her shell does have some appeal...
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:Although the thought of Mughi coaxing Anri out of her shell does have some appeal...
That would involve the Dirty Pair, actually...
-- Bob
---------

Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Quote:Although the thought of Mughi coaxing Anri out of her shell does have some appeal...
That would involve the Dirty Pair, actually...
Well, they're just going to have to show up as well.
--
Rob Kelk

They'll have to be the last act on stage because it will undergo spontaneous combustion right as they're stepping off. ;D
EDIT:  All silliness aside....  I love the idea of Hokago Tea Time touring with 33-Stars.  Having those lovable little lunatics would go a VERY long ways to humanizing the 33-S girls.  And some of the scenes that could cause...

"That's... that's not right!  I mean, I know that human biology allows for some pretty strange things to happen while they sleep, but she just did the fingering for Stairway to Heaven!  Flawlessly!  While SLEEPING!  WITH HER GUITAR!"

Hmmmm....  and I think having the bunch from Macross Delta could be fun, too.  Be nice to see them able to perform without the weight of sudden annihilation on their shoulders.

Who else can we get?

AKB048?
Edit:  Although they'll have to leave their military hardware home while on tour -- which will probably be a completely alien concept to them.

Some other ideas:  Amy Lean from Moldiver.  Doco.  The Goddess Family Club (they must do something to relax in between handling this emergency).  The Partridge Family, just to throw a non-anime option into the mix.

Heh.  Recycling an old CTMNB of mine, the crew from Naruto get into the game with Hokage Tea Time.

Edit 2:  I forget -- is the Love Hina cast somewhere in this mix?  Because Naru did the idol thing, and come to think of it, Motoko and Shinobu had a duo act, too ("Blade and Blossom" in the dub, IIRC).
-- Bob
---------

Heh. Missing a zero there. Wink http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... p?id=13805

(AKB048 is the original band - in the anime, AKB0048 is a tribute band.)

Sounds to me like a lot of these groups are gonna be Japanese. Although that could be a thing - call it the Japanese Invasion Tour or something like that. Wink

Yeah, I'm not a fan, I just stumbled on the anime once and found it a bit hard to forget.
-- Bob
---------