Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plotbunnies/Pastebin/Wishlist!
RE: [OOC][Info][Plot][RFC] Wish List!
Being honest here: for a moment I thought they were riding on Fortress Maximus in his mobile fortress mode.  I think I can be forgiven for mistaking the likeness.
[Image: bee20b91b3f2b057938e445c1576df9a.jpg]

That said, I think siccing the girls from GuP on Fort Max (and I do mean ALL OF THE GIRLS - he's got room for them) would be made of all kinds of win.  As he is a pacifist, he might find Tankery to be an interesting  means of settling who's best in a manner where no one gets hurt (well, beyond some bumps and bruises, but that's just the hazards that being a squishy organic comes with).
Here's a question that I've never seen addressed in either canon or fanon: Considering that the Mostra Internazionale d'Arte Cinematografica della Biennale di Venezia is the world's oldest film festival, what if anything do the gondoliers of Neo-Venezia know about film?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I would have no idea. Labster?
I don't know either.  I mean, I've thought about it before, but I can't think of any evidence from canon that this moved over to Aqua.  The part of Aria that's frustrating to me is that it is all rather removed from its cultural context.  Some things like the Marriage of the Sea made it over, but just other things that didn't.  I mean, I don't remember anyone mentioning The Ghetto, ever.  Venice has the OG Ghetto.  And because it's a theme park rebuild, it lacks the original context of the wealthy city built with wealth from things like the slave trade and sacking Constantinople during the worst Crusade.  Yes, I know it's iyashikei.  Neo Venezia is in some ways not at the heartbeat of modern culture, but a theme park of a city.  Venezia still has a lot of cultural relevance, but Neo Venezia seems backward looking.  So, um, maybe?  It seems light-hearted and touristy enough to at least be plausible, if people would come.  Mars is far, but they come to Telluride so not much further!

From the Doylist point of view, it's also a maybe.  I've only been to one film premiere in Hollywood, so I don't have a whole lot of knowledge to write about these things... but L.A. is a company town for the film industry so it's not like I'm completely clueless.  Maybe I'll think up something interesting to do once Tomoyo gets more serious about directing.  (I mean seriously, her hobbies are: costume design, camera work/cinematography, video editing, and music.  She has a rich parent.  She has a best friend who "does all her own special effects". In what world does she not grow up to direct films?)
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Calling it now. Tomoyo is gonna be our version of UF's Sumire Kanzaki. Only a helluva lot nicer from the get-go.
Don't know enough about Vtubing to be able to comment...

Back to the wish list entries: Tsumugi Kotobuki, Mami Tomoe, Rin Tohsaka, Lindy Harlaown, Belldandy, and (once the school ships show up) Darjeeling, all in the same tea shop at the same time.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Considering both characters are already in the Metacontinuity, this is bound to happen eventually. But who gets to write it?

Miss "I turn complete strangers into friends within minutes" Akari Mizunashi meets Miss "I turn complete strangers into friends within minutes" Yui Hirasawa - for the very first time.

(Otherwise known by all onlookers as "a master class in how to make friends instantly".)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Oh yeah? Activate challenge mode: make it so they really don’t like each other while keeping everyone in character. Heh-heh-heh.
(03-14-2021, 07:29 PM)robkelk Wrote: Considering both characters are already in the Metacontinuity, this is bound to happen eventually. But who gets to write it?

Miss "I turn complete strangers into friends within minutes" Akari Mizunashi meets Miss "I turn complete strangers into friends within minutes" Yui Hirasawa - for the very first time.

(Otherwise known by all onlookers as "a master class in how to make friends instantly".)

... or a critical mass that ensures that everybody in a mile is best friends with everyone else within a mile.

If I had any idea who Akari Mizunashi was I'd volunteer, but I don't, so I won't.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(03-14-2021, 08:40 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Oh yeah? Activate challenge mode: make it so they really don’t like each other while keeping everyone in character. Heh-heh-heh.

...I don't think it's physically possible for Yui Hirasawa to not like someone.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(03-14-2021, 09:26 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
(03-14-2021, 07:29 PM)robkelk Wrote: Considering both characters are already in the Metacontinuity, this is bound to happen eventually. But who gets to write it?

... or a critical mass that ensures that everybody in a mile is best friends with everyone else within a mile.

If I had any idea who Akari Mizunashi was I'd volunteer, but I don't, so I won't.

She's the protagonist of Aria.

Labster's familiar with Aria... but do you know the K-On! characters?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(03-14-2021, 08:40 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Oh yeah? Activate challenge mode: make it so they really don’t like each other while keeping everyone in character. Heh-heh-heh.

"Isn't Azu-nyan the most adorable kitty on two legs?" Yui bragged.

Akari thought about it, and felt the need to defend her boyfriend.  "Nah, I've seen cuter."

"Huh?"

"Cait Sith is a much more attractive cat, and he walks on two legs too."  She pulled a picture out from her wallet, and showed a picture of the two of them together on their date at Stonehenge.

"What, him?  He's kinda chubby, and a little scary."

"You take that back!" Akari demanded.  "He's a hunk of spunk and you know it."

Yui said, "You're just jealous because Azusa is cuter—"

"You can't beat my Cait Sith—"

"You're such a jerk—"

"She's not even a real cat—"

At this point, it was hard to hear what either of them were saying, yelling over each other so fast it turned into a blur of angry words.

Yomi ran into the room and rushed between them.  She made a tee shape with her arms, screaming "TIME OUT, TIME OUT!"

The two verbal combatants ceased, and turned their backs on each other.

"Yui, lookit me lookit me." Yomi ordered with emphasis, "Yui, now, look at moy!"

Yui's arms remained crossed, but she looked at Yomi with a death glare.

Yomi turned, "Now Akari, look at me, look at moy..."

Akari slowly turned to face Yomi, her brows still furrowed.

"Now I have one word to say to you:" Yomi paused for effect, "Catnip cookie bakeoff!"

----

Okay maybe that's not in character, and a little more Kath & Kim.
So...

In Tenchi in Tokyo, Mihoshi's favourite TV show is "Space Police Policeman". Apparently, there's a book that has details about this show-within-a-show. Does anybody care enough to get a copy of that book and have characters from "Space Police Policeman" show up in Texas?

More realistically... Should different versions of the Tenchi cast, or other versions of the Sailor Senshi, start showing up in different cities?

EDIT: Hmmmmm...

PGSM Ami: "I can't believe you'd fall for somebody three times your own age!"

Manga Ami: "I can't believe you'd fall for somebody at all! Romance takes time away from studying."

Our Ami: "Our emotions were being controlled."

PGSM Ami: "Oh. Okay, I can understand that."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I always felt that this sort of thing could lead to a lot of confusion later on down the line.  I'll leave this open for discussion, though.

Also, WRT a "show within a show", I would vote that the show itself would simply become available in the Metacontinuity, and not the character of said show.

That said, though...
(03-20-2021, 12:42 PM)robkelk Wrote: PGSM Ami: "I can't believe you'd fall for somebody three times your own age!"

Manga Ami: "I can't believe you'd fall for somebody at all! Romance takes time away from studying."

Benjamin: *Stealthily comes up behind Manga Ami with a paper fan.*

Anime Ami: *Winces, but says nothing.  When it's Ben, she knows it's gonna have purpose like a Tomahawk Missile.*

Benjamin: *Whaps Manga Ami upside the head with said fan.*

Manga Ami:  "KYAH!"

PGSM Ami: "WHAT!?"

Ben: "You.  That's a flat-out lie.  There's always room for relationships.  But since this will be the only way to get it through your head: I want two research papers.  Standard MLA format.  One on the effects of monomania on interpersonal relationships.  The other on the psychological effects among Japanese students constantly studying at cram schools.  I want them on my desk in one week.  Ami, if you could let her use your school credentials so she can do the proper research and also make sure she does NOT go off on a studying-bender?  Thanks."

Manga Ami: "?!?!?!"

PGSM Ami: "... WHO WAS THAT!?"

Anime Ami: *sighs* "That was Benjamin.  You may have heard of him..."
Quote:Apparently, there's a book that has details

<follows link>

Quote:by Emily K. Dresner-Thornber

That's a familiar-sounding name...

<checks quotefile>

A-ha! I thought I recognized it...

Quote:Halloween. It is undoubtedly the gamers' holiday. How can roleplayers not be excited about Halloween? Revelers wear costumes. Strangers hand out tiny chocolate bars. Orange marshmallow ghosts end up in microwaves as the butt of important scientific "experiments." The stars are right and small, red, plushy Cthulhus rampage and eat 1D3 trick-or-treaters per round. Grown men meander through barely-lit alleyways dressed like Sailor Moon. -- Emily Dresner-Thornber

She used to write (maybe still does) for Pyramid magazine and/or other Steve Jackson Games projects.

... I'm sorry, carry on.
-- Bob

(03-20-2021, 03:47 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: She used to write (maybe still does) for Pyramid magazine and/or other Steve Jackson Games projects.

Sadly, Pyramid has once again ceased to be a going concern, but I'm sure she's still willing to freelance on whatever projects SJGames might need. And if In Nomine ever emerges from Trauma, she'll have a place there; she is, after all, the Demon of Playing In Nomine Backwards...
Hm, I don't know if I can help find Space Police Policeman. I'm having a hard enough time finding a copy of the Heralds of Valdemar anime so Tomoyo Daidouji can finish watching the series.
(03-20-2021, 04:31 PM)Mamorien Wrote: ... And if In Nomine ever emerges from Trauma, ...

That goes on a different wish list as far as I'm concerned.

Of course, it's possible that another timeline might have a complete set of IN books, and somebody might bring them along on his laptop when he's dumped into the Metacontinuity.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Sudden thought.

Forgive me if this was thought of before, buuuuuut....

We should really have a complex that is devoted to Black Hat operators - those that operate outside of the law.  People like Lupin III and his crew, Arsene Lupin, Raymond Reddington, Roman Torchwick and Neopolitan, Daniel Ocean and his crew...

Any other additions?

Also, who would be the lucky NPC character to ride herd on this bunch of anarchists and raving individualists?

Possible story idea: The Big Heist.  This whole bunch gets brought in at San Antonio for a very special mission that only they are liekly capable of pulling off: recovering the M9 Bushnel that got left behind at Camp Bullis.

Other story ideas about jobs and heists to keep this bunch out of REAL trouble (or rather, causing unwanted trouble) would be welcome.
(04-24-2021, 05:20 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Sudden thought.

We should really have a complex that is devoted to Black Hat operators - those that operate outside of the law.  People like Lupin III and his crew, Arsene Lupin, Raymond Reddington, Roman Torchwick and Neopolitan, Daniel Ocean and his crew...

Any other additions?

Any of the folks listed here that aren't already listed above, including Gru (and his Minions) and Carmen Sandiego.

(04-24-2021, 05:20 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Also, who would be the lucky NPC character to ride herd on this bunch of anarchists and raving individualists?

Only one man has the skills, the charisma, and the inclination to be able to not only control but actually channel such a disparate group of ne'er-do-wells into a combined force: the Napoleon of Crime, the nemesis of Sherlock Holmes, Professor James Moriarty.

(04-24-2021, 05:20 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Possible story idea: The Big Heist.  This whole bunch gets brought in at San Antonio for a very special mission that only they are liekly capable of pulling off: recovering the M9 Bushnel that got left behind at Camp Bullis.

Other story ideas about jobs and heists to keep this bunch out of REAL trouble (or rather, causing unwanted trouble) would be welcome.

Involve them in The Academy City Job, spiriting information and prototypes (and Misaka Sisters) out of the city, perhaps.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
hrrrrmmmm...

Digging on the idea of adding Gru and Carmen Sandiego.

Nooooot so much with Moriarty. I guess this will just be the usual thing where we leave it as a ??? should anyone wish to join in and accept that role.

Well, that'd be one job... albeit divided into a collection of many smaller jobs.

Fun idea: have an aside near the end of ACJ, where that apartment manager is remarking about Doctor Doofenschmirtz: "HOW THE HELL DID WE MISS THIS GUY!? HE'S AS OBVIOUS AS A WEASEL ON ACID!!!"
(04-24-2021, 07:59 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(04-24-2021, 05:20 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Sudden thought.

Any other additions?

Any of the folks listed here that aren't already listed above, including Gru (and his Minions) and Carmen Sandiego.

Slippery Jim diGriz from Harry Harrison's Stainless Steel Rat books and his family...
-- Bob

(01-18-2021, 05:32 PM)robkelk Wrote: More fan art! No Tachikoma, though.

[Image: __nishizumi_miho_akiyama_yukari_takebe_s...b1d536.jpg]

(Source)

So... add Gundam to TNB? Smile

(01-18-2021, 11:42 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Being honest here: for a moment I thought they were riding on Fortress Maximus in his mobile fortress mode.  I think I can be forgiven for mistaking the likeness.
[Image: bee20b91b3f2b057938e445c1576df9a.jpg]

That said, I think siccing the girls from GuP on Fort Max (and I do mean ALL OF THE GIRLS - he's got room for them) would be made of all kinds of win.  As he is a pacifist, he might find Tankery to be an interesting  means of settling who's best in a manner where no one gets hurt (well, beyond some bumps and bruises, but that's just the hazards that being a squishy organic comes with).

I knew I remembered a GnP/Transformers crossover idea in here somewhere!

Apparently we're not the only ones to think of that.

[Image: __nishizumi_miho_and_megatron_girls_und_...042cdd.png]

Source

Anybody else feeling sorry for Megatron?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(12-27-2020, 09:33 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 05:13 AM)Labster Wrote: Rob, can you find a use for this froggy image?

Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my... oops, wrong froggy.

(Digression: I suspect that that particular cartoon only gets as far as "hello my honey" before Sagara shoots the TV in a Pavlovian reflex.)

Yeah, when the folks at Blossom switch from winter clothes in December through March to rain-gear in May and June, that'll be what Nana Misaka wears.

(12-27-2020, 05:20 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: ......  Wouldn't Misaka, you know...  Feel a bit self conscious about wearing a two-piece swimsuit under a translucent rain poncho?  After all, this is the same girl who gets mortified whenever her mother's around and attention gets drawn to her... endowments...  knowing full-well that she's gonna inherit the same thing.

Or have I been reading things wrong?

(12-27-2020, 05:47 PM)robkelk Wrote: I read those scenes as "Mom, you're embarrassing me..."

I just took a closer look at that image.

I think what she's wearing under that raincoat is a minidress, with multi-coloured bands around the skirt and a heart-shaped design at the neck. Nana's bucking for a Star Seed. Smile

(We wouldn't even need to leave the Solar System to giver her one. The Amazoness Quartet draw upon the first-, second-, third-, and eleventh-largest asteroids. That leaves seven probable Star Seeds between Vesta and Juno.)

That, or she's exhibiting her new-found sense of humour. I did say during the Halloween Party that she was the only clone who'd started to develop one at that time.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
So.

I've found a few of my old NewTypeUSA magazines.

And with them, a lot of new material for this thread.

Be advised, some of this stuff is gonna be in the vein of "cute girls doing cute things" slice-of-life. You've been warned, Brent. Wink

I'll have a list compiled in a few days here.