Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plotbunnies/Pastebin/Wishlist!
RE: [OOC][Info][Plot][RFC] Wish List!
In that case, he may as well just call it in from the scene and let the Sailor Senshi teleport straight there...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
With all the Celestials we have in the Metacontinuity (not to mention Hyoga), I'm sure we can do something with this...

(04-12-2022, 08:45 AM)In Genchat, Norgarth Wrote: [Image: 8rYFsb5.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Touya Kinomoto and Anthy Himemiya get together for a shared birthday party.

(Yes, their birthday being on February 29 is canon.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
But they only do it once every four years...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Oh wow, that does explain how Anthy and Utena are both the “same age” when they meet. That and witchcraft.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Soon to be found in the minifridge in Ben's garage.... At least, once Washu-chan has him off the antidepressants...

https://www.rogue.com/beers/knuckle-buster-cold-ipa
(05-18-2022, 12:53 PM)In genchat, Norgarth Wrote: she-hulk: attorney at law

And now I'm thinking of an office to be located inside the Beltway:

She-Hulk and Harvey Birdman, Attorneys-at-Law
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
There's a certain appeal to that idea.

Can we toss Perry Mason into the mix, too? And who can we blame for organizing the practice? (Waters, Birdman and Mason, Attorneys at Law)
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(05-18-2022, 03:34 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: There's a certain appeal to that idea. 

Can we toss Perry Mason into the mix, too?  And who can we blame for organizing the practice?  (Waters, Birdman and Mason, Attorneys at Law)

Well, Matlock is getting on in years - maybe he decided to recruit some "fresh blood".

So, Matlock, Mason, Walters, and Birdman, Attorneys at Law
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(05-18-2022, 03:34 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: There's a certain appeal to that idea. 

Can we toss Perry Mason into the mix, too?  And who can we blame for organizing the practice?  (Waters, Birdman and Mason, Attorneys at Law)

Unless the MCU changed her last name, it's Walters.

Also, can we seriously throw She-Hulk in there and not have Daredevil?
Thanks for catching my typo, Raven. And I should have thought of Matt Murdock, to be honest.

And now the silly part of my brain is whispering "Matlock Murdock! Matlock Murdock!" in my ear.
-- Bob

(05-19-2022, 07:44 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: And now the silly part of my brain is whispering "Matlock Murdock! Matlock Murdock!" in my ear.

Crossovers That Should Not Be is one aisle over...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Where in Suffolk County is Callahan's?

It isn't pinned down more specifically than "Suffolk County" in canon text. There are some hints as to where it isn't, though...

One story has Jake singing about driving out to Montauk Point, so definitely not Montauk and probably not East Hampton.

There's no mention of a river nearby, so probably not Calverton or Riverhead.

For that matter, I believe there's no mention of "Peconic County" in the stories, so that's another hint that the Place isn't in East Hampton or Riverhead... or Shelter Island, Southampton, or Southold.

Some of the science-type regulars work in Brookhaven and have to drive to the Place with an implication that it isn't a five-minute drive, so not Brookhaven.

It's not on the highway, so not directly on I 495, NY 24, NY 25, NY 27, NY 114, etc.

Casual drinkers tend not to find the Place, so probably not Huntington, West Babylon, or Lindenhurst, all of which border Nassau County and thus are relatively close to NYC.

Beyond that, though... any ideas?

Asking so that Washuu-chan can open a portal to the Place.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
The Doylist answer is, of course, Spider made a deliberate point of not specifying, but that's unsatisfactory, of course.

Hm.

Everything2.com (and other sites) Wrote:Callahan's Place is located on Route 25A, Suffolk County, New York. More than that, Spider will not say.

So yes, it's on a highway. 25A in Suffolk County stretches from Huntington to Orient. You've already eliminated Huntington, but you still have something like 50 miles of road to choose from.

There's no mention of a college crowd, so Stony Brook is out. Off the cuff, I'd guess it's somewhere between Wading River and Matituck.
-- Bob

Sounds good to me. Thanks, Bob!
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I just spent a half-hour looking at the entire length of 25A on Google Maps, and I think the best stand-in for the Place is in Rocky Point - specifically, the building tagged here. It's a standalone building (Street View says it's a Capital One, but plenty can change in a few decades), there's a convenience store across the road where folks can change a bigger bill for singles (which I seem to recall was mentioned in one of the stories). and that parking lot looks like it would lend itself to hijinks when people park wherever they want.

Edit: Yeah, I know that puts it in Brookhaven.

Re-Edit: I have marked it as such on the wiki, on the big map, its own map, and the Douglass Gardens map.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
While retconning the February 2017 story to change a chat between Rob, Mikoto, and [redacted] into a chat between Rob, Mikoto, and the Advisory Board, I noticed that I had completed the list of who couldn't join Minako on a shopping trip with this bit:
(02-05-2021, 10:08 PM)robkelk Wrote: ... and Rei's promised to answer your clone sisters' questions about Shinto. So it's just you and me."

That would probably make for an interesting story ("I'm a Miko - AMA")... but I can't write it because of a lack of knowledge of Shinto. Anybody else want to give it a try?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I have no more than a well-informed layman's knowledge of Shinto, myself... and I have too many half-begun projects as it is.
-- Bob

Not me, sadly.  You'd think I might, given the interest I have in esoteric religions, but honestly I've been more interested in the milleu of Middle East and European religions -- and the ones in the Americas too.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Despite being of Japanese descent, I don't know much about Shinto myself.
So, it's canon that Tomoyo has a digital video camera (as of season 2 of CCS).

But she hasn't yet realized that, with a digicam, the eyepiece can be replaced with a screen... that no longer needs to be connected to the camera body as long as the camera and screen are within radio range of each other.

What would Tomoyo say to a quadcopter with a camera mounted on it?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
She'd probably love it; much easier to keep up with Sakura's more wide ranging battles, and can follow her while she's flying around.
OnNaGumi backing the Hanagumi - one performance only!
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(07-23-2022, 12:19 PM)robkelk Wrote: So, it's canon that Tomoyo has a digital video camera (as of season 2 of CCS).

But she hasn't yet realized that, with a digicam, the eyepiece can be replaced with a screen... that no longer needs to be connected to the camera body as long as the camera and screen are within radio range of each other.

What would Tomoyo say to a quadcopter with a camera mounted on it?

Clear Card answers that question. She's quite happy to be able to get multiple angles of the same scene.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
RE: Plotbunnies/Pastebin/Wishlist!
OOC: Just changed the title of this thread to something more accurate.

And I'm debating turning off the sticky bit.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown