Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Info] Scheduling for Collaborative Sessions
RE: [OOC][Info] Scheduling for Collaborative Sessions
(10-26-2021, 04:59 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Worse comes to worse, if you have a dehumidifier, you can set it up in a closed room and hang the most critical laundry items to dry in there.  A fan would help speed things along by providing convection.

(Might even use less energy than an electric dryer.  One reason why I am so glad to live in Texas - gas-fired dryers and water heaters are very much so a viable option here.  They cost a lot less to operate, even with the price hikes in natural gas.)

Sadly, it's been pouring cats and dogs most of the last few days -- that nor'easter I mentioned elsewhere and its side effects have been hanging around -- so even if we had a dehumidifier, which we don't, it would probably expire from the heavy lifting.  We have a repair guy coming tomorrow, and from the research Peg and I did, the problem appears to be a simple one to fix, so we hopefully won't have to wait longer.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Do we have anything to talk about this week?

Or just talk, if Labster wants to try connecting?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I can make it this week, assuming I get dinner supplied and prepared early enough.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Even if there's nothing pressing, just talking would be cool. We've already established that MS Teams for Home allows voice chats for longer than an hour.
Next question: Is 7:30pm Eastern / 6:30pm Central / 4:30pm Pacific a good time for everybody? That's what we scheduled last week.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(11-01-2021, 09:11 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: I can make it this week, assuming I get dinner supplied and prepared early enough.

Update... I have errands to run at four different locations immediately after 5 PM.  If events allow I will join tonight, but don't depend on me being there.
-- Bob

I should be able to manage it. I've already let my brothers know that I won't be available at that time.
I'm not available this week - I have five days of work to squeeze into three working days.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Ouch.

Well, if anyone else wants to, I can be online and available. I just need to know when in advance.
(10-23-2021, 07:31 PM)robkelk Wrote: I'm making this a weekly thing, for one hour. I'll be on Teams 7:30pm-8:30pm Eastern on Tuesdays, until further notice. Mind the Daylight Savings adjustment if it's in play.

Further notice.

As discussed in last week's chat and confirmed with one writer who wasn't in attendance, we're moving the weekly chats to 7-9pm Eastern on Wednesdays.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown