Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Info] Scheduling for Collaborative Sessions
[OOC][Info] Scheduling for Collaborative Sessions
Okay, I figure we could use this as a way to set up online meetings so we can better work out when to do stuff on the pirate pad or even elsewhere online.
Soon I'll be starting a new job with some pretty severe hours - literally 72 hours a week.  (Yes, it pays overtime.)  So Sundays are going to be the only day I'm really available.  And given that this is gonna be my only day off each week, that day is gonna fill up pretty quickly.

Rob, you want to setup a time to work on the pool party at Westwoods?

Aargh. I'm typing with a sprained wrist at the moment (which means slowly and with some pain), and when that heals I'll be on a precious, precious four-week vacation in July.

Luckily, Sundays are usually my free days.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Yeeeeee... D:

Don't strain yourself on my account. Go ahead and let that heal up. Besides, I really need to catch up on things on my end anyhow.
RE: [OOC][Info] Scheduling for Collaborative Sessions
The Halloween party had better be a collaborative work. And we've been stalling for too long on it. As Minako Aino might say, let's get these shoes on the road.

I've hijacked the PiratePad doc and started off the story - scroll down to the end to see my first bit.

For now, we can get all the setup scenes done; we'll only need to be online at the same time once people are actually at the party.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
that pirate pad is working for me, so fun ahoy
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

I'll let others write the Girls.

If they're singing, they may well do a Cover of Mr Roboto.....

Essentially doing a signature style of switching out who's singing, and who'se playing, line by line, before harmonising.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(04-01-2018, 02:41 PM)robkelk Wrote: The Halloween party had better be a collaborative work. And we've been stalling for too long on it. As Minako Aino might say, let's get these shoes on the road.

I've hijacked the PiratePad doc and started off the story - scroll down to the end to see my first bit.

For now, we can get all the setup scenes done; we'll only need to be online at the same time once people are actually at the party.

That "we" wasn't the editorial we, folks. I'm waiting for somebody else to add to this before adding any more.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(04-05-2018, 06:29 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 02:41 PM)robkelk Wrote: The Halloween party had better be a collaborative work. And we've been stalling for too long on it. As Minako Aino might say, let's get these shoes on the road.

That "we" wasn't the editorial we, folks. I'm waiting for somebody else to add to this before adding any more.

Argh.  Part of what's been holding me up is plotting out what all happens at my SI's end up until the party.
(04-05-2018, 06:45 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 06:29 AM)robkelk Wrote:

Argh.  Part of what's been holding me up is plotting out what all happens at my SI's end up until the party.

Yeah, I know - I got ahead of everybody else. But it's only two months in-universe since people started showing up. There can't be that much plotting to do... can there?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I need to take some time to show the Tenchi crew settling in, then have the FMP crew show up and how they settle in.
I think I have my timeline nailed down by now, so there's nothing keeping me from helping to write Halloween. I mean, it might help if I actually knew how a certain cardcaptor was going to enter the plot, but she'll be there. But I've already got some ideas for interactions. Mainly with Rob's casts, but I'm sure I can come up with something for Tenchi Muyo. Like:

"No, I'm going to marry Tenchi!" asserted Tomo Takino.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Benjamin raised an eyebrow. "Excuse us for a second..." he said as he pulled Tomo aside.

"I really do hope you're just funning us, Tomo. Because he's not marrying just one of them. He's eventually going to marry all of them."

"What?!"
"Wait a minute - there are places where a man can have more than one wife?" Rei almost broke the sound barrier running over to Mamoru and Usagi.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(04-10-2018, 07:29 AM)robkelk Wrote: "Wait a minute - there are places where a man can have more than one wife?" Rei almost broke the sound barrier running over to Mamoru and Usagi.

....  Rob, If you don't mind I'd like to run with this little tidbit if you think Rei would actually react like that.
(04-11-2018, 04:02 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 07:29 AM)robkelk Wrote: "Wait a minute - there are places where a man can have more than one wife?" Rei almost broke the sound barrier running over to Mamoru and Usagi.

....  Rob, If you don't mind I'd like to run with this little tidbit if you think Rei would actually react like that.

Sure! If you didn't, I would have.

--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(04-11-2018, 08:33 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 04:02 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:

Sure! If you didn't, I would have.

Hmmm...  let's go ahead and move this into the ideas thread then.
Okay, so recently my off-days from work have changed.

From here on out, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my regular days off, and thus the best days to catch me for interaction. Though until I can get my situation to improve, things are still on a back burner here.
I'll keep Teams running 7:30pm-9:30pm Eastern tonight. If that works out, I'll make it a regular Tuesday thing.

And I'll PM the invite link to the writers now.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(10-19-2021, 09:03 AM)robkelk Wrote: I'll keep Teams running 7:30pm-9:30pm Eastern tonight. If that works out, I'll make it a regular Tuesday thing.

I logged in early, too... Ah, well. Maybe next week will be better.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Sorry. Sometimes I need to get deep inside my phone's settings to tell it, YES, I DO WANT NOTIFICATIONS FROM THIS APP, DAMMIT.

Shouldn't be an issue any more.
(10-19-2021, 09:03 AM)robkelk Wrote: I'll keep Teams running 7:30pm-9:30pm Eastern tonight. If that works out, I'll make it a regular Tuesday thing.

I'm making this a weekly thing, for one hour. I'll be on Teams 7:30pm-8:30pm Eastern on Tuesdays, until further notice. Mind the Daylight Savings adjustment if it's in play.

Depending on the week, I might be able to be persuaded to extend that... assuming Microsoft will allow a meeting longer than one hour in the free version of the software.

Ben used the first invite that I generated, and Bob used the second. If you want an invite, ask before 7:30 on a Tuesday and I'll generate one.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(10-23-2021, 07:31 PM)robkelk Wrote: Ben used the first invite that I generated, and Bob used the second. If you want an invite, ask before 7:30 on a Tuesday and I'll generate one.

Do I need to generate another invite for this evening?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Just as a heads-up, I'm not sure if I can make it tonight. Our dryer is on the fritz, and we may be shuttling wet laundry over to Peg's mom's place to dry it tonight.

EDIT: Assuming the nor'easter lets up by then.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Worse comes to worse, if you have a dehumidifier, you can set it up in a closed room and hang the most critical laundry items to dry in there. A fan would help speed things along by providing convection.

(Might even use less energy than an electric dryer. One reason why I am so glad to live in Texas - gas-fired dryers and water heaters are very much so a viable option here. They cost a lot less to operate, even with the price hikes in natural gas.)
Re: Being online myself, I should be able to make it by 6:30pm CDT/7:30pm PDT. We're just going to go look at a car for my brother real quick and then come back home.