Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so if Blizzard's announcement IS World of Starcraft...
so if Blizzard's announcement IS World of Starcraft...
How many of you would be looking forward to playing it?
How do you think they would handle vehicles?
Might give a whole new meaning for "lfg tank"
Re: so if Blizzard's announcement IS World of Starcraft...
As much as I may not really need ANOTHER MMO to waste time and money on, I'd be willing to try a good Sci-Fi/Sci-Fantasy one. -Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------
Meh. No MMO has been able to hold my attention for more than a week.
Now, if they announced Starcarft 2 on the other hand...*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
I've been wondering for a while now how WoS could be done, never mind whether they're actually going to.
The Zerg: playable or not? It's possible that Kerrigan could create a new brood of semi-humanoid semi-independent critters. I wouldn't expect them to use technological loot, though... more in the way of genetic alteration talent trees and infusions from mobs...
Most of the player classes, if there were any, would have to be created from scratch. Ghost, Marine, and Medic, sure... don't know about Protoss or Zerg...
--Sam
"This is graveness."
I have to agree with the guys at Penny Arcade that this is a no brainer for Blizzard. I mean, look at it this way; they could either make a sequel to the most successful computer game of all time and have millions plunk 50 bones for it, or they could use what they know from making the most successful MMO of all time to make a MMO of the most successful computer game of all time and have millions of people pay $50 plus $15 a month for who knows how long.
As for classes: humies would be no brainer, I think Protoss would have mage class from their Executors and tanks from Zealots. But, I really have no clue about vehicles, they might just ignore it like they did in WoW.---------------
-Jon
Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)
The population density of Wyoming is very low, but that doesn't mean the people there aren't also out to kill you.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
If there is a World of Starcraft announcement, I will open my seven mouths, and Sing The Song The Ends The World
You have been warned.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
But Kokuten! You have eight mouths!
-Morgan. Well, maybe.
The eighth, I assume, will be busily tearing at the wrapping on a new copy of the Starcraft Battle Chest, to brush up on my skills.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
...I want to play a Ghost. The first PC class in any MMO with the nuclear option. X.X;
Thinking about what I've heard about Ragnarok Online 2... three different races with three completely different ways to progress. Normans use switchable job classes, Ellr equip special loot, and Dimago have some kind of skill system.
Or there's... SaGa 2 (Final Fantasy Legend 2), I think it was, where humans leveled up, robots installed equipment, and beasts ate monster meat to transform into stronger monsters. (SaGa Frontier used a similar system.)
It could be fun, if something like that could be pulled off with the three SC races.
--Sam
"Carrier has arrived."
There's a lot of back-n-forth on this - I'd like to see what Blizzard is planning.
While the concept of a Starcraft MMO causes some very conflicting feelings in me, the biggest one is concern.
I didn't like WoW after the 'new game' shininess wore off. I hope that a Starcraft MMO wouldn't just be WoW with new skins, because if it was I'd have to pass on it.
--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
RE: Pros & Cons
There's really no telling what they're working on, but the argument for a Starcraft game of some sort makes very good sense.
Blizzard isn't making as much money off of the Starcraft franchise as they used to.
Now, there are two solutions to this... either a new RTS game or a new MMO.
Blizzard is making an INSANE amount of money on their current MMO, and if it's still in early development, it likely won't come out (if it is an MMO) until WoW's hardest core of players start seriously running out of things to do.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Re: RE: Pros & Cons
And the hardcore won't stop for a long time, since it's been 5 months since the expansion came out and only the top guilds on the PLANET have been able to do the content that's been released, not to mention the buttload of stuff coming down the pike.

ps: YOU REQUIRE MORE VESPINE GAS.---------------
-Jon
Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)
The population density of Wyoming is very low, but that doesn't mean the people there aren't also out to kill you.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
A friend of mine suggested it might be a Diablo MMO.__________________
I bet that if you cooked an elephant, you'd have a lot of leftovers.
I think that there would be extreme difficulties involved with a new Starcraft RTS - especially if it had any of the replay value found in the original.

Namely, the problems inherent in providing multiple copies of the game to every gamer, everywhere.. Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Quote:
A friend of mine suggested it might be a Diablo MMO.
Official sources from Blizzard have confirmed in interviews that their next game in the works is "sci-fi" though, so Diablo is pretty much ruled out.
Quote:
Official sources from Blizzard have confirmed in interviews that their next game in the works is "sci-fi" though, so Diablo is pretty much ruled out.
And WoW is basically Diablo III anyway, given it's game mechanics are closer to the "click to hit stuff" Diablo was.---------------
-Jon
Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)
---
Jon