Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini Review - PC Game: Flatout 2
Mini Review - PC Game: Flatout 2
Vroom and Boom!
Flatout 2 is a wonderful racing/destruction game, similar to the Burnout series, but with more emphasis on racing than on destructing.
I cheated. I also used an Xbox gamepad on my PC.
I _highly_ reccomend using a gamepad with analog triggers for this game. On a GeForce 8800 GTS, full frame with max pretty is easily achieved.
Unpatched, the audio support sucks, and there are audio glitches by the pound. Patched, this all goes away, and the audio is nearly flawless on 5.1. The soundtrack is surprisingly good, with Rob Zombie and Yellowcard and some other very good stuff, and one or two lame tracks.
I pirated this game. I am, however, going to go buy it.
The racing action is tight, with handling being almost too realistic (with a high-powered rear wheel drive vehicle, you can get in a bad place and just spin tires fairly easily).
The minigames, or 'events', are comical, challenging, and plain WEIRD. Baseball, bowling, soccer, darts, curling.. all with thrown drivers.

reccomended for all racing game fans.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979