Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negima Updates: yikes!
Negima Updates: yikes!
Aquastar is now up to Hour 169. If you're not caught up... go do so, ASAP, then come back here. You won't regret it.
We've had the Class Trip... of Doom.
We've had the High School Festival... of Doom.
And now that six months have passed since the series began, it's time for the Summer Vacation... of DOOM!
Spoilers for Festival and up in white...
In some ways I was disappointed by the end of the Festival War. After all that, we still don't know what drove Chao to change her own past. And now she's gone...
...but she'll be back, I have no doubt. Prediction: her next arc will involve the Negima Wrecking Crew traveling to her future...
From an arc perspective, the core reason for the Festival War seems simply to be the steeling of Negi's spine. He's got the vision, he's got the motivation, he's got the undefeatable willpower. From here on he might as well use D. as his middle initial because there won't be any stopping the bozu. Negi D. Springfield, laughs in the face of death and won't let anyone step on dreams.
So we move on to #169 and the YIKES! moment.
Okay, it's cliche as all hell, but fairly well pulled off nonetheless. The freaking awesome visuals of a mage war in the Inner World help carry the revelation that Nagi's buddies weren't kidding when they called her a princess.
But that's not all, or even the point. She was a weapon. A living defense system. Makes you wonder just what the IW culture is like, dunnit?
And -- wait, no, she hasn't forgotten again! Cliche variant #1 avoided.
(And the Konoka-Setsuna moment? Pure comedy gold.)
This upcoming arc should be glorious.

Further proof that Negima! is one of the best damn shonen action manga out there today. (Akamatsu even dived into Tournament Hell and made it out intact, unlike some I could name.)
--Sam
"Sidekicks don't kiss!"
Re: Negima Updates: yikes!
I will be a good boy, I will not read the spoilers, I will not download the scanslation, I will wait for it to hit stores... I will be a good boy, I will not read the spoilers, I will not download the scanslation, I will wait for it to hit stores... I will be a good boy, I will not read the spoilers, I will not download the scanslation, I will wait for it to HEY! NO! BAD HAND, NO CLICKY LINK! *WHACKWHACKWHACK*
...i think i broke my hand--
"There are crazed martial artists out there looking to improve their skills and find inner peace through exterior violence!"
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
Quote:
I will not download the scanslation, I will wait for it to hit stores...
Why not be like me and do both? I read the scanslations because I'm impatient, and I buy the books to encourage the publishers, the author and everybody in between.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Quote:
the Negima Wrecking Crew
I first read that as "the Nerima Wrecking Crew", and was wondering why there was a Ranma crossover.
So, five more chapters to download this evening...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Quote:
Why not be like me and do both? I read the scanslations because I'm impatient, and I buy the books to encourage the publishers, the author and everybody in between.
My own tactic as well.
Incidentally, a note in the back of the latest English volume solves an old riddle. Remember the talking golem in the depths of Library Island? We thought it was the headmaster... turns out it was Albireo making an early appearance. Smile
--Sam
"Evil, chum, is ever green."
Mostly cause I'm afraid if I do download the scanslations, I'll lose motivation to buy the manga, as happened with Fate/Stay Night, and I want to support the industry.
On the plus side, when I eventually break down and start downloading, I'll be able to blame you guys for providing irresistable temptation, thus assuging my guilt.--
"There are crazed martial artists out there looking to improve their skills and find inner peace through exterior violence!"
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
Quote:
Mostly cause I'm afraid if I do download the scanslations, I'll lose motivation to buy the manga, as happened with Fate/Stay Night, and I want to support the industry.
Don't worry about that - the Aquastar scans are sufficiently grainy that the art quality suffers. They're a preview, not a replacement...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

It's also amusing/interesting to compare and contrast the amateur and professional versions. I think you get a bit more out of it that way.
--Sam
"This is graveness."
Just noticed that they're up to Chapter 171... (downloading them as I type)

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

So, Rob, how'd you like getting your mind blown?- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Gah. Why do these updates always happen on weekends when I'm too busy to tie my own shoes?

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Quote:
So, Rob, how'd you like getting your mind blown?
Haven't had a chance to look at them yet. (I was too busy last weekend prepping to gamemaster last night's session - that game's finally winding up, so I want it to end well.)
Ask me again in a couple of days...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk